We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

U23 - Stat tomes not adjusted with stat overhaul; feel like my purchase was rendered worthless overnight

I already complained pre-U23 about the fact that the stat tomes being sold have been rendered nearly worthless with the Mordor expansion. But it seems they haven't been touched at all with U23 either.

So how is it okay to sell people stats for real money, then overhaul the stat system altogether except for those stats that people paid for? At this pace, I'm scared to buy anything from the store that isn't purely cosmetic as it seems Turbine/SSG can simply change its effect/power without any concern for the customers that spent money on it. I recently also bought the mount speed boost (all mounts 78%), what's next? All basic mounts having a 300% speed boost?

And while you're at it, please also have a look at stat legacies? A little over 200 vitality at level 200 is laughable when any decent piece of armor gives you nearly 2000 vitality. Same goes for virtues, another thing you are selling for real money.

Quote Originally Posted by Magentix View Post
    I already complained pre-U23 about the fact that the stat tomes being sold have been rendered nearly worthless with the Mordor expansion. But it seems they haven't been touched at all with U23 either.

So how is it okay to sell people stats for real money, then overhaul the stat system altogether except for those stats that people paid for? At this pace, I'm scared to buy anything from the store that isn't purely cosmetic as it seems Turbine/SSG can simply change its effect/power without any concern for the customers that spent money on it. I recently also bought the mount speed boost (all mounts 78%), what's next? All basic mounts having a 300% speed boost?

And while you're at it, please also have a look at stat legacies? A little over 200 vitality at level 200 is laughable when any decent piece of armor gives you nearly 2000 vitality. Same goes for virtues, another thing you are selling for real money.
    On top of that, you have people that purchased a 1-5 Fate set which is now basically a non-contributer. A serious scaling should be looked at otherwise those purchases were literally thrown in the dumpster which is already on fire.
    ~Anaxander R9 Warden, Baranthor R5 Hunter, Skartan R2 Guardian~ Elendilmir
    ~Karukh R10 Warg, Prisonshank R6 Reaver~ Elendilmir
    **Mac User**

I concur about stat tome/virtue bonuses needing revisiting.

If I am not mistaken a full set of tomes will net you something along the lines of 540 total bonus - 18 tomes, at 295 a pop, comes to 5310 LP, just under the $60 mark if purchasing LP.

540 points isn't even a blip on my Hunter's current agility of 24k.

Stat tomes are also considered (or were) a premium lootbox drop, which are now gated behind keys in the store, at 195 a pop.

Determination, the best agility virtue, tops out a 368, another premium item in the store (and now a lootbox drop), though can easily be earned in game with enough...determination

Still 540+368 is still less than 1k total bonus (tolerance at 244, and mercy for 123) lesee now: 1275 total possible bonus from stat tomes and virtues.

One, count it - 1 - EB jewelry ring has a bonus of 1889...

+1

Need to rework the values of all existing stat tomes to make them relevant considering many of us have paid real money for these.
    Knight | Captain | Arkenstone | Rainbows & Unicorns

Or just add two additonal ranks with 2k per tome each. Will add you money and the former bought aren't wasted.

They are on sale right now. I sincerely hope no-one makes the same mistake I did by impulsively buying them during a sale. If no-one wants them, SSG might get the message how worthless they have become. Spending thousands of LP on something that doesn't even scratch the surface of a max level character's stats tends to leave a really bad taste.

If they were anxious that they would be to powerful at low ranks. Just lock them behind levels every ten levels 2 tomes per stat. So 10-20 rank 1+2,20-30 3+4....and 100+ 19+20 if they add them.
    Hopefully with a great Boot that the former ranks aren't a waste.