We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

U23 Keys/LBs creepside

With the removal of SSKs in favor of BSKs there is currently no option for creeps to open dropped Lootboxes. When you click the notification to open the store just the old keys show up. Will creepside also be offered vendors to give premium items that were once found in LBs just like freeps? Otherwise we miss out an easy way to obtain Sigils, tomes of defense/offense and various other buffs/foods.
    ~Anaxander R9 Warden, Baranthor R5 Hunter, Skartan R2 Guardian~ Elendilmir
    ~Karukh R10 Warg, Prisonshank R6 Reaver~ Elendilmir
    **Mac User**

The way this update has been rushed out I doubt there's even a loot table for Creep items from these boxes even in the offing, never mind a way to open them.

They should work on 'Improved' loot from these for Creeps, forget about pathetic rejuv pots and basically anything you can buy with in game currency in Gramsfoot, give us LOOT worthy of the name.
    Last edited by SavileRow; Oct 11 2018 at 04:54 PM.

Agreed with that. A very good start would be to put Mordirith's Brand back in the lootbox. It's place in the game is warranted once more, with the amount of cc we're faced with.

Give us something to aspire to. Give us a reason to actually BUY a key.

(above is the old brand, the revised is 10 sec duration).

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyndor View Post
    Agreed with that. A very good start would be to put Mordirith's Brand back in the lootbox. It's place in the game is warranted once more, with the amount of cc we're faced with.

Give us something to aspire to. Give us a reason to actually BUY a key.

(above is the old brand, the revised is 10 sec duration).
    Absolutely agreed, if there was a chance to get a Mordorith's Brand from one of these lootboxes.. I'd buy a few keys creepside. If it's rejuv pots and toad biscuits, it's a waste of money and no one will bother. If they value their revenue stream, they'd consider this.
    **Mac User**

Freeps have heaps of goodies in their lootboxes. Creeps so few. But these boxes could contain all sorts of items to generate creep interest, and therefore more revenue for SSG.

Vastin himself was lately talking about the stat system on creeps, and its limited options for customization. Well here's a chance to change that. Freeps get stat tomes. 17+ tomes or something for each vital stat. If only creeps could collect something similar, to enhance and build out their toons.

Yes creeps don't have the same stats, but we have little orange boxes in our character panel that specify base levels for: Damage/Health/Power/Armour/Resistance/Avoidance. Maybe we could enhance this area with tomes. [with exception of Power, which is meaningless now]

There are other options. What about something for healers, a series of +Outgoing Healing tomes, which once applied becomes a permanent passive stat. Or, +Incoming Healing, +Mastery, +Mits, +B/P/E, even+Run-speed. And +Finesse. God knows we need more Finesse. (My reaver has a racial trait that gives...wait for it...343 Finesse).

Allowing creeps to bolster these areas would help offset limitations in the corruption system. We have 43 corruptions to choose from, and only 12 slots (for many years it was just 6). Compared to freeps, this system is extremely threadbare.

Tomes out of boxes would be a good system for us. Of course, I still want to see creep weapons, and gear. That’s a dream I don’t see any sign of coming true. But lootboxes are here to stay (it seems). They will lend significantly to how Freeps build their toons. Please extend the same courtesy to creeps. Otherwise – and this should be the biggest incentive to SSG – most creeps will just not bother buying any keys.

Put something in the boxes for creeps to chase and collect (it may even give rise to an actual creep economy). And not consumables, not cosmetics. And definitely NOT skills. Freeps will soon be gearing up. Give us a chance to gear up too. Introduce tomes to build some passive stats, something to improve and enhance our characters.
    Last edited by Gwyndor; Oct 12 2018 at 10:00 AM.

Mordirith's Brands were trash, and if you want them back you aren't interested in quality PvMP.

In fact, how about we just not ask for P2W items at all? Monetize PvMP by giving people quality PvMP.

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    Mordirith's Brands were trash, and if you want them back you aren't interested in quality PvMP.

In fact, how about we just not ask for P2W items at all? Monetize PvMP by giving people quality PvMP.
    I know how you feel about this, but you know as much as anyone p2w isn’t going anywhere. Currently there is zero ability to open a box creepside and even lower incentive. So far Vastin and SSG at least care enough to respond to balance issues, even if it’s not the perfect implementation. As far as Mordoriths brands go, yes, they were massively OP, but so has been freep CC and stun ability on top of massive dps. (I know two wrongs don’t make a right).

We could derail this thread with explanations why their dps was so high but I’d rather stay on topic and hopefully address the Lootbox issue and potentially loot tables if we can get Vastin’s input on this.
    **Mac User**

Quote Originally Posted by AaronIU View Post
    I know how you feel about this, but you know as much as anyone p2w isn’t going anywhere. Currently there is zero ability to open a box creepside and even lower incentive. So far Vastin and SSG at least care enough to respond to balance issues, even if it’s not the perfect implementation. As far as Mordoriths brands go, yes, they were massively OP, but so has been freep CC and stun ability on top of massive dps. (I know two wrongs don’t make a right).

We could derail this thread with explanations why their dps was so high but I’d rather stay on topic and hopefully address the Lootbox issue and potentially loot tables if we can get Vastin’s input on this.
    Sure,

More skins that can be bought outright with LP, or via the sigils that drop from boxes. There are still cool skins from back in SoA that havent been used in PvMP yet.
    Straight Commendations as a reward from boxes.
    Commendation buff items (have the box check the creep's rank to give them something they can use).
    Allow skills to be bartered for via greater sigils, not just through lp.
    Infamy boosters (do these drop now?)
    Get rid of the terrible/useless quest items that make opening a box a potential waste.

P2W trash like tomes of defense are bad for the game, but that is the hole turbine/ssg has already dug. Mordirith's Brand was game-breakingly bad though.

i'm more interested in having all brands cd reduced by half, and give a 5s immunity. r15 one can be 10s

I ask this question specifically about creepside sturdy keys and lootboxes twice in the last month and I know it was read by SSG and ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyndor View Post
    Freeps have heaps of goodies in their lootboxes. Creeps so few. But these boxes could contain all sorts of items to generate creep interest, and therefore more revenue for SSG.

Vastin himself was lately talking about the stat system on creeps, and its limited options for customization. Well here's a chance to change that. Freeps get stat tomes. 17+ tomes or something for each vital stat. If only creeps could collect something similar, to enhance and build out their toons.

Yes creeps don't have the same stats, but we have little orange boxes in our character panel that specify base levels for: Damage/Health/Power/Armour/Resistance/Avoidance. Maybe we could enhance this area with tomes. [with exception of Power, which is meaningless now]

There are other options. What about something for healers, a series of +Outgoing Healing tomes, which once applied becomes a permanent passive stat. Or, +Incoming Healing, +Mastery, +Mits, +B/P/E, even+Run-speed. And +Finesse. God knows we need more Finesse. (My reaver has a racial trait that gives...wait for it...343 Finesse).

Allowing creeps to bolster these areas would help offset limitations in the corruption system. We have 43 corruptions to choose from, and only 12 slots (for many years it was just 6). Compared to freeps, this system is extremely threadbare.

Tomes out of boxes would be a good system for us. Of course, I still want to see creep weapons, and gear. That’s a dream I don’t see any sign of coming true. But lootboxes are here to stay (it seems). They will lend significantly to how Freeps build their toons. Please extend the same courtesy to creeps. Otherwise – and this should be the biggest incentive to SSG – most creeps will just not bother buying any keys.

Put something in the boxes for creeps to chase and collect (it may even give rise to an actual creep economy). And not consumables, not cosmetics. And definitely NOT skills. Freeps will soon be gearing up. Give us a chance to gear up too. Introduce tomes to build some passive stats, something to improve and enhance our characters.
    I'll pass on you idea of a chance. No Thank You.
    I deleted all my Mordi brands within 4 hours of getting them way back when.
    Creeps don't need these things in this way to compete. We already have what we need for the most part. Also it was mentioned about adding more corruption slots. What you suggest is turning Creepside into the same trash gimmick that is Freepside.

All this will do is enable a P2W tactic which I will have no part of. This is the main reason I suggested in another thread only yesterday why Creepside should be sub only. To avoid this notion altogether.

Btw have you ever looked on the store how much a complete stat tome package is for Freeps?
    Last edited by sapienze; Oct 12 2018 at 11:37 PM.
    Università degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza" Sapienza University of Rome

Graduate PhD con lode Scienze della Politica

I don’t like lootboxes either, and hate the very concept of P2W. But they seem here to stay, and freep-play certainly profits from what they find inside these boxes. If that is what the game is now, I ask only that creeps are given equal treatment.

Alternatively, if there’s not going to be anything new or interesting inside these new boxes, then abolish Black Steel keys from creepside altogether. At least do that much, and allow us to open them with our regular Steel keys (which should continue to drop from landscape).

Because at present, the incentive to buy a Black Steel key is just not there.

Quote Originally Posted by sapienze View Post
    I ask this question specifically about creepside sturdy keys and lootboxes twice in the last month and I know it was read by SSG and ignored.

I'll pass on you idea of a chance. No Thank You.
    I deleted all my Mordi brands within 4 hours of getting them way back when.
    Creeps don't need these things in this way to compete. We already have what we need for the most part. Also it was mentioned about adding more corruption slots. What you suggest is turning Creepside into the same trash gimmick that is Freepside.

All this will do is enable a P2W tactic which I will have no part of. This is the main reason I suggested in another thread only yesterday why Creepside should be sub only. To avoid this notion altogether.

Btw have you ever looked on the store how much a complete stat tome package is for Freeps?

A few points I agree with here, but no matter how many times we ask to remove the P2W aspect of pvmp they’ve never listened and only increased the ability of freeps to utilize these buffs. If we ever want even the illusion of balance then both sides should have equal access and you always have the choice to opt out. They already allow creeps to buy all their skills from rank 0. This paid system will stay, so we might as well get something worthwhile. So either remove lootboxes from dropping creepside and give a vendor for the buffs and sigils or put the keys in the store and a loot table that’s worth it.
    **Mac User**