We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Best Class Combo?

I am currently Downloading the game, and I clicked on options to see that the client will run more than one instance of the game... I have had two lifetime accounts and one being a founder account the other missed founders by about a month. anyhow they are attached to my primary account. I Have been wanting a fresh start in a game I can duo in for an very long time that isn't EverQuest or WoW. I haven't played this game seriously for about 8 or so years. Can anyone list the best class combo's out there where tabbing to the second is minimal? Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bronstone View Post
    I am currently Downloading the game, and I clicked on options to see that the client will run more than one instance of the game... I have had two lifetime accounts and one being a founder account the other missed founders by about a month. anyhow they are attached to my primary account. I Have been wanting a fresh start in a game I can duo in for an very long time that isn't EverQuest or WoW. I haven't played this game seriously for about 8 or so years. Can anyone list the best class combo's out there where tabbing to the second is minimal? Thanks!!
    Hi and welcome back!

I don’t know about other people, but in my humble experience so far I have found Captain/Guardian or Captain/Champion to work well as a duo. The guard/champ can tank and dish out some damage, while the versatility of the Captain means he can alternate between blue and red trees for healing or buffing/DPS depending on need (blue helps to stay alive in longer boss fights). The cap is also tough enough to take a bit of damage if his mate loses some of the aggro now and again, and you get the herald as well to add an extra target for the enemy to deal with. In skirmishes, it works really well to add in a herbalist as one of the soldiers, for extra staying power.

This is, however, based on duo play with another person, not playing both myself at the same time... I am not that good at multitasking
    “...and he lived happily ever after, to the end of his days”

Hunter is great to play just on /follow because you get the out of combat run boost and a lot of useful ports. Basically a taxi that you don't need to actively play much.

Loremaster with a DPS pet set to aggressive gives a good combat boost with little extra effort. Captain pets have much less DPS, but you can alt-tab to the cappy and back for a quick AoE heal.

The above will work in combo with whichever class you want to play as your main.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bronstone View Post
    Honestly, with the 22.2 Update there is nothing a guardian can't solo through regular play. I'd say guardian plus anything you fancy would work fine.

Excellent! thanks for all the comments looks like I have a few options to work with. Which is good. I do like Loremasters, also Hunter taxi sounds pretty cool that might be a really good idea. I do like the hobbits though so I might go with the hunter/guardian combo. but with my amount of time will probably work on other combos, maybe Loremaster main and Captain combo. Thanks!

Edit: I just logged into Crickhollow I guess last time I was online I had 2 lvl 31 Loremasters I was duoing with 2 computers. both human rank 10 guild etc. but not sure if want to continue with them or try another server with High Elves. if I were to roll High Elves I would probably do the same thing roll 2 Loremasters. The two pets one as a tank one as a dps is pretty fun as well as main with the CC. hmm LOL
    Last edited by Bronstone; Oct 11 2018 at 04:52 PM.

I'm not really good at multiboxing.... I use it sometimes to launch a band and play music, but the few times I launch another character to do things with is usually one that just follows me, and I don't have to do much with.

That said, I have seen a good many husband/wife combos in this game.... and one of the best ones I have see a husband and wife do was a Hunter/Captain duo. The captain would tank/heal, and the hunter would unleash the pew pew pew, and have the ability to easily get around the landscape and speed up the running.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    I'm not really good at multiboxing.... I use it sometimes to launch a band and play music, but the few times I launch another character to do things with is usually one that just follows me, and I don't have to do much with.

That said, I have seen a good many husband/wife combos in this game.... and one of the best ones I have see a husband and wife do was a Hunter/Captain duo. The captain would tank/heal, and the hunter would unleash the pew pew pew, and have the ability to easily get around the landscape and speed up the running.
    That is a solid combo I have seen it actually before with husband/wife players too. but with me I might roll the two loremasters just because of a second pet set as dps and a tank pet for main is pretty decent. Thanks though for the advice, oh as for the run speed my account has quite a few perks both of them can train in horse riding at lvl 10 I think. once out of the tutorial stages. also both have the 78% horse speed with 250hp on any mount. when I make a new character it pretty much fills all my bags with free stuff.

Edit: just went to trollshaws on both lormasters, they both have the BogStalker pets at lvl 31 can take out the boars and critters pretty quick. IIRC last time I was there I was killing wolfs and bears and the spiders up by the wood trolls. But I am really considering a boost to lvl 50 if it is still possible. only because I have been wanting to level in Moria with loremasters ever since it launched. I still have the box and CD's to my mines of moria too! My biggest motivation was to earn the rep for the signature BogStalker if I had that x2 I think I could handle quite a bit of content. Not sure if they have done away with that rep reward and added it to the animal spec line. but I still really want to quest the moria chain. anyhow that is my plan thus far =)
    Last edited by Bronstone; Oct 11 2018 at 05:51 PM.