We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Epic Battle group sizes

Is there any chance we can get 3, 6 and 12-person versions of ALL the Epic Battles, please? The current random-seeming options have never made sense, and have always been a hindrance to forming groups for them.
    You say "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" like it's a bad thing...

I doupt that they will change anything. Big battles are dead. Why to waste ressources in a never loved idea of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    I doupt that they will change anything. Big battles are dead. Why to waste ressources in a never loved idea of the past.
    Speak for yourself. Some of us do love them and wouldn't mind proper tuning for 1, 2, 3, 6, and 12 players scaled to current and future level caps. That said, the setting in-game will not ever need these again, however much better the Pelennor Fields and Slag Hills encounters would be if we did have the EB treatment as an option.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Quote Originally Posted by cdq1958 View Post
    Speak for yourself. Some of us do love them and wouldn't mind proper tuning for 1, 2, 3, 6, and 12 players scaled to current and future level caps. That said, the setting in-game will not ever need these again, however much better the Pelennor Fields and Slag Hills encounters would be if we did have the EB treatment as an option.
    Not just me, the mayority of the community. They were declamed as bad as they were New with hd, the voices against get more with mt. And finally they went back to instances.

Not just me, the mayority of the community. They were declamed as bad as they were New with hd, the voices against get more with mt. And finally they went back to instances.
    You do not know that with certainty. You only know what the people who have said so, said; and even then, not everyone who said negative things necessarily agreed with the negative sentiment. They went back to classic instances, true enough; but they never said conclusively that they were going to abandon classic instances. They said that for that point in the story they would use the EB format for those specific encounters for story telling purposes. Personally, I don't like classic instances. They're too limiting and limited.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).

The side quests (usually) behave a bit differently with different group sizes, so they'd have to go back and re-design each encounter. And since you earn promotion points based on each group size, it'd also let you unlock a crazy high amount of promotion points, though I suppose that doesn't really matter anymore. Just let them go. Personally I enjoy them but it's time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by cdq1958 View Post
    You do not know that with certainty. You only know what the people who have said so, said; and even then, not everyone who said negative things necessarily agreed with the negative sentiment. They went back to classic instances, true enough; but they never said conclusively that they were going to abandon classic instances. They said that for that point in the story they would use the EB format for those specific encounters for story telling purposes. Personally, I don't like classic instances. They're too limiting and limited.
    You're more limited at the bbs, no fast forward pull and kill. No you're to wait wave for wave.
    Most of the time you cannot do your real job. And so on.
    While in classic you say how fast you progress and in which combination.
    You're totally free in the number of your fellows, at least in the most.
    All in all you're more free choices and can still succeed.

They aren't dead. I see people running Pelargir all the time on Arkenstone.

Also, they provide skill points, 2 of them at the 100 and 200 level....

They are also a fairly easy way to get good stat Jewelry - especially now that Light is no longer needed - and empowerment scrolls.

They are also one of the most effective ways to gain marks/meds as a solo player.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Lightbulb

With the removal of LoE, old cotent is finally viable again. Old instances, BB's etc. Now You get gear from them that can acctually be used at LvL cap. Maybe not the best gear but still good enough fro some content. Unlike during Mordor being end-game level cap. Then basically all old content was uselss as they would not reward gear with LoE on. I'm happy ot see old content be of use again and more choices as to what content to play.

You're more limited at the bbs, no fast forward pull and kill. No you're to wait wave for wave.
    Most of the time you cannot do your real job. And so on.
    While in classic you say how fast you progress and in which combination.
    You're totally free in the number of your fellows, at least in the most.
    All in all you're more free choices and can still succeed.
    It's not about how fast you progress. It is about a more impactful choice in how you approach situations, especially when alone. Classic instances are extremely limited and limiting. BBs are limited, too, agreed; but, to me, are much more fun and less limited. It is a matter of taste.