We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pls fix me devs

Pls fix me devs

Just gonna leave this right here

Known Issues (from U23 patch notes):

Items - Scroll of Doomfold Warding Lore and Scroll of Ironfold Warding Lore have Physical Mitigation values that are too low

this is more of a compilation thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fraushgrish2 View Post
    this is more of a compilation thread
    If you can provide a /loc for this (not map coordinates, the actual /loc returned when you type /loc into the text chat), it would be helpful to get this one fixed.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Might as well post it here then

YOU CANNOT DISENCHANT GEAR DROPS FROM INSTANCES!

Okay, sorry for dramatics, but this really annoys me.
    Anything ..of Stormhelm or ..of Grarik simply won't break down into anything.
    Please fix as soon as possible, it's really detrimental to gathering resources for gear.

edit:

These are some of the items in question.
    Last edited by zipfile; Oct 11 2018 at 04:36 PM.
    "Not all those who wander are lost....some are so stubborn that they always think they're going in the right direction."

"The 4th age is the store age" - Hetweith

Quote Originally Posted by zipfile;7875183

[size=5
    YOU CANNOT DISENCHANT GEAR DROPS FROM INSTANCES![/size]

100% Agree on this.

Also take a look at the Black Book of Mordor Reward cloak its a lvl 115 cloak, so you cant put new essences in it (new essence are just usable on lvl 116+ Items).

Gertes

Quote Originally Posted by zipfile View Post
    Might as well post it here then

YOU CANNOT DISENCHANT GEAR DROPS FROM INSTANCES!

Okay, sorry for dramatics, but this really annoys me.
    Anything ..of Stormhelm or ..of Grarik simply won't break down into anything.
    Please fix as soon as possible, it's really detrimental to gathering resources for gear.

edit:

These are some of the items in question.
    This is related to our work which allows us to loosen chest lock restrictions and create a preferred and standard chest pull system. For Update 23 and onward Instances, the Tier 1 Instance rare gear will not be able to be Disenchanted. You will, however, continue to get Embers of Enchantment from favored chest pulls.

As a general rule, we are hesitant to make things that can be quickly and easily farmed, especially if it can be infinitely farmed without restriction, from being Disenchantable, in order to preserve our ability to use the currency going forward. Things that are time-limited or from a high-challenge thing will usually be Disenchantable.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    As a general rule, we are hesitant to make things that can be quickly and easily farmed, especially if it can be infinitely farmed without restriction, from being Disenchantable, in order to preserve our ability to use the currency going forward. Things that are time-limited or from a high-challenge thing will usually be Disenchantable.
    Wasn't the point of the motes/embers cap to limit people's ability to farm rewards in advance? Why is this getting restricted two different ways?

For Update 23 and onward Instances, the Tier 1 Instance rare gear will not be able to be Disenchanted. You will, however, continue to get Embers of Enchantment from favored chest pulls.
    Half of this gear (Grarik) is actually from T2.
    "Not all those who wander are lost....some are so stubborn that they always think they're going in the right direction."

"The 4th age is the store age" - Hetweith

Question

This is related to our work which allows us to loosen chest lock restrictions and create a preferred and standard chest pull system. For Update 23 and onward Instances, the Tier 1 Instance rare gear will not be able to be Disenchanted. You will, however, continue to get Embers of Enchantment from favored chest pulls.

Seriously ??? So in an attempt to put a wall on the ones rushing content and farming like mad, You make it next to impossible for regulat players to get anything ??? We must now all be T2, T2C or future T3 players to be able to disenchant gear for Embers ??? Again a collective punishement for the actions of a few. Meanwhile those that buys keys and open lootboxes have no such restrictions or punishment. *sigh* It's not enough with all the caps already, now this.

I was looking forward to running end-game instances but I rarely run them on T2 or T2C as that is not in my scope. Now You're telling me that it is next to pointless ??? I'll run a 1 hr instance and maybe get 150 embers and all the gear will not be disenchantable ???
    Last edited by Lord.Funk; Oct 11 2018 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    Seriously ??? So in an attempt to put a wall on the ones rushing content and farming like mad, You make it next to impossible for regulat players to get anything ??? We must now all be T2, T2C or future T3 players to be able to disenchant gear for Embers ??? Again a collective punishement for the actions of a few. Meanwhile those that buys keys and open lootboxes have no such restrictions or punishment. *sigh* It's not enough with all the caps already, now this.

I was looking forward to running end-game instances but I rarely run them on T2 or T2C as that is not in my scope. Now You're telling me that it is next to pointless ??? I'll run a 1 hr instance and maybe get 150 embers and all the gear will not be disenchantable ???
    There is no more T2C in new instances. There is T1, T2, and T3.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post

I agree completely. Wasn't the original point of having the ash/embers/whatever system so that we could break down gear we don't want to barter for gear we do want? I thought the whole point of switching over to this system was so that we could actually get a piece of gear reliably rather than having to wait if RNGbus was refusing to bless us for whatever reason. If this is no longer the case, it seems rather suspicious to me that lootboxes and keys came as a way to get gear for real money at the same time as the inception of this new loot system...

Also, I thought the point of those "favored" or "preferred" or whatever its called loot chances was so that there were no longer daily loot locks in instances. Why are the solo instance chests still locked if they give nothing but Marks of the Longbeards anyway? Don't have enough people I know yet at cap to do actual 3/6mans since there aren't enough quests to hit cap, so I'm wondering if the actual group instance chests are locked as well now, and if we were completely lied to or only partially... Honestly, this new loot system being implemented just sounds way too convoluted. I still haven't heard a good explanation anywhere on how it works. Maybe a blue name can help explain?

And finally, I haven't looked at barters since its all boxes for some reason and no actual gear, but from quest rewards it seems that Evade is still on a lot of Will gear instead of Finesse... Why? I thought I heard somewhere in the BR forums that this was fixed already.

It's... weird. First SSG add ash/motes/embers system to "allow players always get something valuable from instances". And remove in-game keys because they "want players to get gear from quests and instances, but not from lootboxes". And now we want to see how it works in first update after such good decisions, we find invisible restrictions never mentioned in any patch notes. And when we want to buy something from faction vendors, we find what new locations don't have enough quests/deeds to reach kindred in faction before we reach faction token cap. Even more invisible restrictions. SSG want players spend more time with content? Ok, but they create broken content and now players just leave and come back (maybe come back... or may be not) only after we get few hotfixes. It looks like fine system before update, now it's just too complicated. You have new "favored" chest lock system, why add another restriction? And how people understand if they get disenchanted item, or it can't be disenchanted?

Why do you then put Embers then into the new lootboxes?! Boxes drop like crazy, can be super easy be farmed and then opened via shop (pay2win).
    Heiwyn ~ Warden ~ Belegear
    Taldeen ~ Hunter ~ Belegaer
    Dagan ~ Minstrel ~ Belegaer

If you can provide a /loc for this (not map coordinates, the actual /loc returned when you type /loc into the text chat), it would be helpful to get this one fixed.
    Heya Cord, here's the /loc of the location showed You are at: r2 lx1326 ly1448 i63 ox134.28 oy1.98 oz594.66 h345.9

And there is another location right here:You are at: r2 lx1326 ly1447 i63 ox137.11 oy145.63 oz570.31 h188.4 where you die for no reason due to misadventure , same thing happens over here as well You are at: r2 lx2000 ly1728 cInside ox-68.75 oy18.64 oz-203.02 h57.7

I don't see the point, at 200 embers per piece and about 1-2 droping every 3 man and 1-4 every 6 man, with the 6 man lasting at least 1 hour that means you would be getting 200-800 per hour. You need 2,500 per essence, at that rate, you would be getting 1 essence (out of a possible 20+) 3-12 hours, seems fair to me tbh.
    Last edited by Fraushgrish2; Oct 11 2018 at 10:55 PM.

Then what is the point of the currency caps?

And with the currency having no relation to the drops from instances... that forgoes any point of endgame currency being the alleged "safety net" it sold to us as.

Making this a move to push keys, nothing more, nothing less.

The current T2 Rare gear is also not Disenchantable.
    Gertes

Quote Originally Posted by Vilan View Post
    Wasn't the point of the motes/embers cap to limit people's ability to farm rewards in advance? Why is this getting restricted two different ways?
    Because, store sales bruh.

After consideration, there simply is no other honest answer.

Introduce untenable grind, provide pay-to-bypass store options.... profit?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Taldeen View Post
    Why do you then put Embers then into the new lootboxes?! Boxes drop like crazy, can be super easy be farmed and then opened via shop (pay2win).
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallandil View Post
    Then what is the point of the currency caps?

And with the currency having no relation to the drops from instances... that forgoes any point of endgame currency being the alleged "safety net" it sold to us as.

Making this a move to push keys, nothing more, nothing less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormtower View Post
    Because, store sales bruh.

After consideration, there simply is no other honest answer.

Introduce untenable grind, provide pay-to-bypass store options.... profit?
    Yup that is crystal clear. Even the most naive and positive/optimistic person with pink glasses and shaders on the side should be able to see that now. The whole speech that we are moving away from lootboxes was just a spin-doctor propaganda speech to make it sound as a good reason why to remove earnable keys in-game. It had nopthing to do with having listened to the community or wanting to make lootboxes not a part of the game and reward acctual gameplay. It was quite the opposite, to force players even more into buying keys. And then there are people who claim lootboxes don't affect game design. Yeahhhh...riiite...
    Last edited by Lord.Funk; Oct 12 2018 at 09:24 AM.

Lightbulb

This part is the only thing I can see having been implemented from that speech we got a while back:

Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    ...We absolutely want to reward players who are awesome enough to support the long-term success of the game by opening lootboxes, and get joy in doing it...
    The rest has turned out to be just pretty words with no basis in the reality that U23 has become, like:

...We should reward you for playing the game. Progression should come from playing the game, first and foremost...
    Nope, playing the content rewards to badly and purple gear not even being didsenchantable that this simply does not fit with U23.

Our new currency for our end game in Where Dragons Dwell and beyond is Embers of Enchantment. Embers can be earned for doing weekly quests, and by deconstructing gear you don't want. This Disenchantment process may also be familiar to you, as it's what you've been doing with Ashes of Enchantment...
    Nope, You can only disenchant teal/cyan gear and not even purple, so again this has turned out to not be the way it sounded but even worse than in Mordor.

...One big difference in U23 and beyond is we will reward Embers of Enchantment to you directly when you do endgame quests, rather than indirectly through lootbox keys. You'll accumulate enough Embers to buy the gear you want from a vendor. This helps fight random luck when trying to get the stuff you want...
    Nope, again, in U23 You can only disenchant teal/cyan gear and not even purple, so again this has turned out to not be the way it sounded but even worse than in Mordor. I didn't think that would be possible but here we are.

...Lootboxes are not required to gear up, but can be used to help you catch up on gearing, and acquire cool new cosmetics...
    Don't know if to laughr or cry when I read that now ???

...but we don't want players to feel like they are forced to open lootboxes in order to play or excel in the game.

We've been carefully reading your thoughts about lootboxes in recent months, and we've had a near-equal amount of discussion inside the office as well. We’re encouraged by your passion for the game, and want to make sure we support your decision to be here with us.

Sev~
    It sure sounded pretty but now that we have U23 live, this definetly does not fit with reality in U23.

How sad this has become. That this is how one should remember LoTRO. A game one has been playing on and off since becoming a "founder". Having paid alot of money over the years. Even accepting micro-transaction to some degree with buying store items like new mounts, some cloaks, vault space, decreasing cd on maps etc. Buying all expansion when possible as physical versions and the largest packs I could find, then as digital ones (when no more physical versions released) for both my son as well as my stepson at times and myself of course. Chosing not to play other MMO RPG's out there etc but always returning to LoTRO after some breaks.

This was not what I signed up for. This was not the game I wanted to play or get my son and stepson into. This is no longer the LoTRO I was passionate about. This is not becoming of Tolkiens middle-earth, where we are supposed to fight "dragon sickeness (greed)" and evil forces. How sad indeed.

As a gamer and a father of sons I got into this game, from the bottom of my heart I feel really sad, frustrated, dissepointed and dragged by the nose.

I surely hope there are some "good" forces left at SSG that wakes up and starts doing something about all this...and that's soon...

Developers spend so much time to talk about cosmetic, and put cosmetic in 1/4 of items in new lootboxes. We don't need cool new cosmetic if we don't have cool new gear. We don't care how many new cosmetic they put into game, if they give us broken content what even don't works in same way as they tell us. At first, it was simple good system. But they decide to punish players who farm COS. And they decide punish players who complete all content in few days and leave.

Cordovan confirmed in the Cord of the Rings chat today that instance gear not being dis-enchantable was a deliberate move. Reason being because they don't want people to farm instances over and over and over and over to get Motes.

One solution could be that the instances themselves issue Motes only once a day, more or less like the SECOND Featured Instances reward chest that you can open up once a day only. Then they can't be farmed for motes..... but they can be farmed for armor which would be in the FIRST chest.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

CaerArianrhod is offline Rohirrim Scout
    Guardian of Erebrandir's Horseshoe's Secret
    Things that are time-limited or from a high-challenge thing will usually be Disenchantable.
    This is simple not true.
    T2 6man: non of the loot items are disenchantable.
    Furthermore: the T1 6man reward is 100 embers, which is *meeeh* already, but the t2 6 man reward of 150 embers ... is not even a joke. It is an affront!

This is nonsense. You already cap the currency. Why do you also have to severely limit how it's acquired? If you're worried about people getting too much of it too fast, lower the cap.

All Mordor gear being disenchantable was a fair way for casual players to collect currency by doing landscape and low-challenge content. It took work to get the best gear from that currency, and people put in the work. Now you're cutting off a way for them to do so.

If your currencies keep getting broken, fix them. Stop kneecapping players.
    Arda Shrugged - Elendilstone & Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by gildhur View Post
    This is nonsense. You already cap the currency. Why do you also have to severely limit how it's acquired? If you're worried about people getting too much of it too fast, lower the cap. All Mordor gear being disenchantable was a fair way for casual players to collect currency by doing landscape and low-challenge content. It took work to get the best gear from that currency, and people put in the work. Now you're cutting off a way for them to do so. If your currencies keep getting broken, fix them. Stop kneecapping players.
    /signed
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast