We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 31 of 31

Thread: Pls fix me devs

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Under Bridge
    Posts
    1,019
    I need to refresh my oracle powers so here it goes.

    This update will end up being sub adequate in terms of income and logins , another ''You are my flock, the sheep of my pasture'' PR post will arrive in 2 months.
    ''We listen to your feedback'' , '' We have been discussing this extensively in the office '' blah blah blah.

    Eventually they'll make all instance gear disenchantable , but only allow you to open 1 chest per day , and if you want more , you'll have to buy keys : )

    Because this is the current state of SSG , they seem to be in panic , trying to keep their lootbox model breathing , like if this is somehow a matter of life or death for the game..
    So basically , they'll just copy what other games do by in-game means , but find a way to jook black steel keys in there ^^

    In the end , no matter what they do , it won't matter one bit , because all the loot is auto generated gear with 0 identity or sense of achievement , drop chances are a joke and difficulty levels are broken.
    Personal loot in combo with embers and pay to win , are the worst things that happened to this game when it comes to group content.

    So much over complicating things just so they are not forced to remove gear through lootboxes.
    SSG you are killing your own game , this is like over taxation , trying to find ways to squeeze every single player dry.
    The whole point is having people play your game , pay for it and NOT think about it.
    Like i do in WoW , i pay my sub , i have access to everything , i am in equal terms with the rest of the server and that's the end of it.
    The shortcuts to gearing come exclusively through crafting/auction house system and similar in-game efforts , like reroll tokens that are bought with in-game resources.
    WoW store is the smallest i've ever seen , very limited items but they sell like crazy. Things like race change / renames etc , NOT GEAR , NOT pay to win consumables , nothing of the sort.
    Heck , i doubt i'll even cancel my sub if i take a break.
    Because that's what an immersive game does to you.
    You play / enjoy it and not think about the cost.

    In lotro , you login , you lag , you crash , you see and report bugs all over the place and then you have this lootbox drama , which is also fuelled by SSG and with all that you achieve the exact opposite.
    At the same time , you have access to ~5 times less content , almost non-existant/broken pvp but of course , all that for the same cost.
    People become hesitant to spend money , because apparently , doing so makes things worse , not better , like it happened with Mordor....................

    Why bother ? Because it's Middle earth ? You do realise that 2 years from now , you are going to have competition in this too right ?
    What are you going to do then ?
    You even managed to lose exclusivity to the licence rights...
    Things don't look good at all.

    You need to entirely change your way of thinking. Try to develop limited but quality content and remove all pay to win.
    Prioritise and don't try to do 5 things at once , and some of them at the last minute. That's suicide.
    Last edited by BotLike; Oct 13 2018 at 04:44 AM.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by BotLike View Post
    I need to refresh my oracle powers so here it goes.

    This update will end up being sub adequate in terms of income and logins , another ''You are my flock, the sheep of my pasture'' PR post will arrive in 2 months.
    ''We listen to your feedback'' , '' We have been discussing this extensively in the office '' blah blah blah.

    Eventually they'll make all instance gear disenchantable , but only allow you to open 1 chest per day , and if you want more , you'll have to buy keys : )

    Because this is the current state of SSG , they seem to be in panic , trying to keep their lootbox model breathing , like if this is somehow a matter of life or death for the game..
    So basically , they'll just copy what other games do by in-game means , but find a way to jook black steel keys in there ^^

    In the end , no matter what they do , it won't matter one bit , because all the loot is auto generated gear with 0 identity or sense of achievement , drop chances are a joke and difficulty levels are broken.
    Personal loot in combo with embers and pay to win , are the worst things that happened to this game when it comes to group content.

    So much over complicating things just so they are not forced to remove gear through lootboxes.
    SSG you are killing your own game , this is like over taxation , trying to find ways to squeeze every single player dry.
    The whole point is having people play your game , pay for it and NOT think about it.
    Like i do in WoW , i pay my sub , i have access to everything , i am in equal terms with the rest of the server and that's the end of it.
    The shortcuts to gearing come exclusively through crafting/auction house system and similar in-game efforts , like reroll tokens that are bought with in-game resources.
    WoW store is the smallest i've ever seen , very limited items but they sell like crazy. Things like race change / renames etc , NOT GEAR , NOT pay to win consumables , nothing of the sort.
    Heck , i doubt i'll even cancel my sub if i take a break.
    Because that's what an immersive game does to you.
    You play / enjoy it and not think about the cost.

    In lotro , you login , you lag , you crash , you see and report bugs all over the place and then you have this lootbox drama , which is also fuelled by SSG and with all that you achieve the exact opposite.
    At the same time , you have access to ~5 times less content , almost non-existant/broken pvp but of course , all that for the same cost.
    People become hesitant to spend money , because apparently , doing so makes things worse , not better , like it happened with Mordor....................

    Why bother ? Because it's Middle earth ? You do realise that 2 years from now , you are going to have competition in this too right ?
    What are you going to do then ?
    You even managed to lose exclusivity to the licence rights...
    Things don't look good at all.

    You need to entirely change your way of thinking. Try to develop limited but quality content and remove all pay to win.
    Prioritise and don't try to do 5 things at once , and some of them at the last minute. That's suicide.
    This is Golden, the only thing I want to add is to emphasize the absolute disgrace these lootboxes and blacksteel keys are to subscribers. Im a sub to the game and have been for years but why must I be paying for keys to open to gear? I can't run the 6man T2 5times in one day atm, it takes to long with our current gear, I can do it maybe twice and sacrifice stuff like questing on other alts and doing dailies for rep. If I want this gear the best option is opening boxes for embers.

    Even in mordor you had a somewhat decent way of getting keys through dailies but those are gone completely now. All thats left is a price for them in the store while my subscription giving me access to the instances sits on the sideline cause that content is not only worse in terms of simply getting gear but absolutely laughable in how bad loot drops are and the fact we cant disenchant the gear either. Yeah paying will always be faster than grinding but man, the difference here is so bad.

    But all we are gonna get from the devs is the same political replies we get, isnt it? Devs have replied to so much on the forums, which is great, but they are all dodging this outside of Cord who simply told us it was a deliberate move.
    Lvl 115 Guard - Olebenny || Lvl 115 Guard - Theoderad || Lvl 115 Guard - Estelrian || Lvl 115 Runekeeper - Leegun || Lvl 115 Mini - Nathorean || Lvl 115 Champion - Cephrial
    Leader of Raiders Beneath the Shadow - Arkenstone
    What more does one need in LotRO than a lot of morale and a shield?

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    465
    @botlike

    You are right with everything.

    Tbh though.... Blizzard as a company is so much bigger..you cannot compare them to anyone in the Business.

    Maybe they are planning the death of this Game already...with the new lotro game upcoming..and they need to get money fast
    and do not care about the ones that will leave because in 2 years the servers will shut down anyway..

    I dont even think the devs want that.They probably get an order to do so.

    I dont want that but...idk..all this feels kinda strange.
    Last edited by Hildilas; Oct 13 2018 at 05:15 AM.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Sarasota, FL, USA
    Posts
    3,419
    The folks at SSG just put their necks and their credit rating on the line to grab the LoTR and D&D licenses away from Turbine. Why would they be trying to cash out on the games now?
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir


  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Madrid Spain
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by Hildilas View Post
    Maybe they are planning the death of this Game already...with the new lotro game upcoming..and they need to get money fast
    and do not care about the ones that will leave because in 2 years the servers will shut down anyway..
    I'm inclined to think that you may be right. Predictions about the game's closing have been made since its very beginning, but hey - they'll be right once.

    This certainly looks to me as milk 'em to the last drop before we pull the plug. Right now, starting players are seeing a huge difficulty increase. It takes the most dedicated not to leave after the first few hours. It looks like SSG does not want new players anymore as they're using up the same resources as higher levels but provide much lower income. Then, mid-level game is ridiculously easy, players are being rushed to level cap - and that's where you start paying for real. You don't really feel the grind (and the need to avoid it) when you're in the lower levels. So SSG would benefit financially if all their playerbase was at level cap.

    I could be wrong tho and nothing of this was planned and it's all due to utter incompetence.
    Koti || Edoram || Naemanor || Hamberadan || Margia || Belegmellon || Khimi || Thederwen || Granetia || Stanno || Calendol || Gamilaban || Uibalion of Laurelin

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    465
    Quote Originally Posted by auximenes View Post
    The folks at SSG just put their necks and their credit rating on the line to grab the LoTR and D&D licenses away from Turbine. Why would they be trying to cash out on the games now?
    Well idk but it feels like it. Or they got too greedy after loot boxes got them much money in Mordor.
    But the ini-loot-gearing system right now is just...terrible.

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload