We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Crafting for Motes quest

In the larger hubs, Galtrev is where I was, you can accept a quest to craft "7 worthy items" once weekly in exchange for 250 Motes of Wonderfulness (or whatever they are called). Anyone figured out what constitutes a "worthy" item?

Quote Originally Posted by Alewyze View Post
    In the larger hubs, Galtrev is where I was, you can accept a quest to craft "7 worthy items" once weekly in exchange for 250 Motes of Wonderfulness (or whatever they are called). Anyone figured out what constitutes a "worthy" item?
    The mote-worthy craft is from the crafting guild recipe from Mordor (Westemnet master of the crafting guild and doomfold crafting tier necessary). You can buy it in Udun Foothold, Magh Ashtu, Ruins of Dingarth and at the Allegiances Halls from the High-Enchanter Elf-Smith. That is the one that sells the Flame of A., too.

I haven't seen any other place to get it

The Doomfold and Ironfold (for Ember worthy) ones seem to be auto-bestowed. My Weaponsmith has them and I haven't bought them as far as I recall. Certainly not the Ironfold one.

Mote worthy ones - https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ite...e-worthy_Craft

Ember worthy ones - https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ite...r-worthy_Craft

Ok. Just checked on a freshly logged-in (after update) Metalsmith and he has the Ironfold one but not the Doomfold. So I must have bartered/bought the Doomfold one from the High-Enchanter on my Weaponsmith at some point, I guess.
    Last edited by Altair6; Oct 10 2018 at 07:54 PM.

last night i crafted n item n tried to barter it at bree with my lvl 115, still in Moedor , metalsmith, but the barterer was not accepting my item
    i havent checked the barteres in the other places on items description tho
    20 years lotr enthousiast, 11 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

Quote Originally Posted by Valakircka View Post
    last night i crafted n item n tried to barter it at bree with my lvl 115, still in Moedor , metalsmith, but the barterer was not accepting my item
    i havent checked the barteres in the other places on items description tho
    If I'm not mistaken you need seven mote-worthy crafts to fulfill the weekly quest in Bree. The old recipe had a cooldown of 18 h as far as I remember so it would take roughly about a week to get seven of them (if the CD is still there). I never bothered doing the recipe before U23 with the Black Adamant shards dropping far too sparsely for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    The Doomfold and Ironfold (for Ember worthy) ones seem to be auto-bestowed. My Weaponsmith has them and I haven't bought them as far as I recall. Certainly not the Ironfold one.

Mote worthy ones - https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ite...e-worthy_Craft

Ember worthy ones - https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ite...r-worthy_Craft

Ok. Just checked on a freshly logged-in (after update) Metalsmith and he has the Ironfold one but not the Doomfold. So I must have bartered/bought the Doomfold one from the High-Enchanter on my Weaponsmith at some point, I guess.

That is like the beta: Doomfold had to be bought from the Elf-Smith (Westemnet Guild Master restriction) - Ironfold recipe got autobestowed with reaching the crafting Tier.

Thanks for the replies!

soooooo. what about chars that don't have access to Dunland or Mordor yet? how are we supposed to keep up our same Mastery stats per level without getting Teal gear and jewellery like we used to pre-23 ?

any suggestions are welcome still trying to figure this new Meta out. all my chars are 40-70 level range and my top char got this weekly quest to craft wateva for embers or ash but i cannot find anywhere to get the recipe or mats for it.

i used to save up my keys and trade in AH for teal gear but now have no idea how to maintain that level anymore. at the moment my chars have God-like damage and flatten anything they come across by just sneezing in their general direction. but i am concerned because the crafted gear for 10-15 levels ahead is way worse what i have equipped now with the new stat adjustments.
    GWAIHIR Turtegiel - Hunter Onerk - Champ Ferkil - Guardian Fealegwe - Warden

Has anyone checked the crafting vendor at the skirm camp to see if they have the lower level recipes?

Never mind, I looked, they're not there either.
    Last edited by Vilan; Oct 12 2018 at 02:27 PM.