We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

The Moon-runes of Veluk-Zámok

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but I have been unable to find any information on this quest and it's been driving me a bit mad.

The riddle states: "Upon a mountain hill, the lonely peak to your back, a wyrm slithers by your side."

So assuming the "lonely peak" is Erebor, my immediate first thought was the hill south of Dale with the spectacular views of the Long Lake, but this location has nothing to do with wyrms and when I visited I couldn't find anything related to the quest. I also checked the side-door to Erebor and all I found was this empty plaque, which looks promising as I don't think it was there before the update (correct me if I'm wrong), but I could not find a way to interact with it and again, it doesn't fit with the riddle.

My next thought is that the location must be somewhere in the Grey Mountains, but I'm not sure where in the region would afford a view of the Lonely Mountain and also be near to or associated with some wyrms, other than the farthest edge of the Withered Heath, which I've checked and have so far been unsuccessful in finding anything. Nowhere further east in the region has a view of Erebor, so I'm not sure where else the riddle could be referring to.

Has anyone had any success so far on this quest?

I wondered the same.
    Btw: not only did this statue-thingy show up at the backdoor... if you go from there to the east till some meters before the cliff, there is a message pinned below a stone... I didn't see that earlier.
    But its not interactable either...

world channel then told me this (spoiler):

35.2N 39.8W

and after I was told this, without even asking for any more hints on the way there, someone told me what comes afterwards...
    so more spoilers here:

2nd part: Radagast
    3rd part: Funkenfeste (translate to english yourself)

is there a better way to make spoilertags than via colours? Didnt find the option here...
    Last edited by Oelle; Oct 10 2018 at 07:05 PM.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Quote Originally Posted by Morellian View Post
    Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but I have been unable to find any information on this quest and it's been driving me a bit mad.

The riddle states: "Upon a mountain hill, the lonely peak to your back, a wyrm slithers by your side."

So assuming the "lonely peak" is Erebor, my immediate first thought was the hill south of Dale with the spectacular views of the Long Lake, but this location has nothing to do with wyrms and when I visited I couldn't find anything related to the quest. I also checked the side-door to Erebor and all I found was this empty plaque, which looks promising as I don't think it was there before the update (correct me if I'm wrong), but I could not find a way to interact with it and again, it doesn't fit with the riddle.

My next thought is that the location must be somewhere in the Grey Mountains, but I'm not sure where in the region would afford a view of the Lonely Mountain and also be near to or associated with some wyrms, other than the farthest edge of the Withered Heath, which I've checked and have so far been unsuccessful in finding anything. Nowhere further east in the region has a view of Erebor, so I'm not sure where else the riddle could be referring to.

Has anyone had any success so far on this quest?
    The lookout ruins north of Dom Goru, East Side.

It’s the first major ruins on the way in from Erebor, with “The lonely mountain to your back” & with Wyrmgap to the north the “wyrm slitheres by your side”

This statue that has been found is something entirely different... the porridge thickens.

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    I wondered the same.
    Btw: not only did this statue-thingy show up at the backdoor... if you go from there to the east till some meters before the cliff, there is a message pinned below a stone... I didn't see that earlier.
    But its not interactable either...

world channel then told me this (spoiler):

35.2N 39.8W

and after I was told this, without even asking for any more hints on the way there, someone told me what comes afterwards...
    so more spoilers here:

2nd part: Radagast
    3rd part: Funkenfeste (translate to english yourself)

is there a better way to make spoilertags than via colours? Didnt find the option here...
    For anyone interested, "Funkenfeste" is apparently the German translation for Glimmerdeep, not actually its literal translation, Radio Festival... Here's some screenshots of the third location, which is inside the Glimmerdeep:

Thanks to all who replied, I did indeed finally manage to solve the riddle I am however still intrigued by the goings-on at the Side Door to Erebor - possibly in preparation for a Durin's Day event?

For me the quest updated at 35.1N 39.5W where you need to read parchment again

Quote Originally Posted by marmi View Post
    For me the quest updated at 35.1N 39.5W where you need to read parchment again
    same
    20 years lotr enthousiast, 11 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar