We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Low Level Players

So now you've lowered the health for higher levels and increased the health for lower level creatures? SO as a new lower level character it now takes me twice as long to kill a freaking boar and you don't expect people just to get bored and quit? I'm not saying it should be one hit and it's dead (it never has been) but I'm finding it very boring to take so long as a Guardian to kill a freaking boar or bear. Most older MMOs are concerned about attracting new players and this change alone seems to work completely the opposite.

Slow sluggish boring combat at lower levels can almost guarantee most new players will just get bored and move on.
    Don't hate me cause I'm a hobbit! :)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD212 View Post

Slow sluggish boring combat at lower levels can almost guarantee most new players will just get bored and move on.
    I haven't played since the update(darn work and errand when I'm not at work), so I haven't tried out the new combat, but this seems like a legitimate concern.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

I've been questing a bit on a new character since the update, CombatAnalysis open. What I've noticed is that even the low level monsters have total avoidances around 30% if you fight them on-level. Approx. 10-12% full avoidances and remaining 20 or so, partials. I don't remember them being that high this early .. although I didn't parse them with auto-attacks like I have done now. As low level peeps don't get their hands on Finesse, it may become frustrating and can be one of the reasons why fights take longer now.

Even though the characters have bigger Morale pools at low lvl now as well, combined with the other changes it seems to me that at least up to 20 which is where I'm at now, questing is more difficult. Died many times already when I tried to do things like before (on purpose, to see where the limits are), and had dozens of close calls already, in 1 day It's great, I like the lower levels better now, but I understand if people soon start giving more and more opposite opinions, and I won't be taking objection to them.

EDIT: And to be clear, I have seen the reports about things getting even too easy at mid levels, and tried some of that level characters myself. So it's just the earliest level deciles that may cause troubles to some classes and/or playing styles.
    Last edited by TharbadThief; Oct 10 2018 at 07:56 PM.

Start again a Captain is now Level 7. As i played a new Warden short before the update i can see that the fights need more time. The Captain Skills have longer CDs and strong damage Spikes with DB and SL. But you need more attacks as former. You get more damage and you heals are much lower.

Is like endgame you heals do only a small % of your Moralpool - and that from someone that was known for using a small pool :-)

That fights last longer, but oc i can handle it - hope the fun stays.

atm i would say, that not a bad option. The Captain has(should) to build up the buffs and use it on the enemy. With the captains before i use the build up on the first (cry->sure strike) and the DB on the next (often instand dead), then Cutting attack on the other (bleed - dies by bloodloss) and SL on the 4th. (often instand dead).
    now i use all on one, that attacks get often blocked and i create much less crits.

The HE Ring does not scale right, the HE start armor was nice for a long time, because it has stats on it. now you get fast armor without stats, but with much highter armor rating (double).

The little Warden has to build up gambits for BoD, that is often a problem, if enemies die to fast. That should now work better. She is 15, and i did not test with her today.

To be fair - its an update and we know it from the past, that we need have to wait some weeks/month for calibration.
    And unplayable is it not (as eg MT for more as a year and the Naerband 6man).

Think atm that the problem with that many blocked attacks are that you have no finesse at that low level, but the enemies think you should negate some of there avoidiances. With the 60 Warden /75 Captain is have only short tested, but the both own jewelry from the epic battle that have finesse on it.
    Last edited by Laubgaenger; Oct 11 2018 at 12:12 AM.

I wouldn't say it's unplayable but just less enjoyable. I find as a level 12 Guardian usually my first shot with my bow ALWAYS misses and often I watch the first 3 or 4 shots hit the target and it takes zero damage. These creatures are usually either at my level or one or two levels higher. How am I hitting them 3 times and not doing one point of damage? I also notice when i'm fighting with my two hand hammer that I miss so much more than I ever did before. It's frustrating to keep spamming buttons to just kill a boar. I guess I just don't understand the reason you'd want to make it more tedious as low levels but so much easier at mid and high level. Seems like most people want it just the opposite. I certainly hope they look at what they've done and tweak it because right now I just find it too much effort to get through low level content and quests.
    Don't hate me cause I'm a hobbit! :)

From my experience leveling my RK, currently at 43, the time to kill feels about the same before and after patch. Maybe enemy health has increased, but the amount of stats I'm getting per gear piece has also increased.
    105 Hunter, Lore Master, Beorning

And there's many threads in the General section saying the game is too easy now.

I just started a Mini today to check out the lower lvls and I'm loving it. no more just running through and 1 shotting most things.
    Fighting mobs fom 2 lvls below to 2 lvls above it takes anywhere from 1-5 hits to kill, depending on cool downs or which skills are enabled by buffs.
    I actually died fighting multiple groups of Goblins in a row because I wasn't watching my Health, never had to watch it before.

I think that now you actually have to pay attention to what stats are on gear when equipping,and actually using will on will based toons and
    might on might based etc. Before it really didnt matter that much at the lower lvls.

I play on Crickhollow mostly and we have been the Recommended server since a year before the mergers, (with the exception of 3 or 4 months
    when Gladden had that dubious pleasure).
    So we see a lot of newcomers to the game, and frequently they ask when the game gets harder, the standard answer is Mordor,and then
    you never see that newcomer again.
    They also ask if someone can make them some lvl appropriate Armor and are usually told, dont bother you will lvl way to fast to need crafted armor,
    that might have changed with this update.

Frankly I think this change is very welcome.

If this has been done intentionally, is it to combat/try to dishearten the TP farmers maybe? (maybe thinking more people will use money instead as it takes longer)

I don't know, just wondering.
    Evernight since 2007
    Greatorex - Guardian & many, many alts!

Quote Originally Posted by Dinara
    And there's many threads in the General section saying the game is too easy now.
    Read again. People complain the game is too easy in the mid lvl range (around lvl 50 to lvl 85). Low lvls became harder. It is probably like this:

lvl 05 - 30 --> harder than before U23
    lvl 31 - 45 --> about the same
    lvl 46 - 85 --> easier than before
    lvl 86 - 120 --> about the same

(Estimated values, collected from different threads and own experience)

They did a full morale / damage rebalancing of mobs and player characters over the complete level range. And obviously aren't finished. The "low lvls became harder" needs to be fixed asap, because it drives away new players (= potential customers). And the mid ranges are broken the other way around - I have a lvl 70 captain who has twice the morale and damage output after U23, while mobs became weaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorikon View Post
    Read again. People complain the game is too easy in the mid lvl range (around lvl 50 to lvl 85). Low lvls became harder. It is probably like this:

lvl 05 - 30 --> harder than before U23
    lvl 31 - 45 --> about the same
    lvl 46 - 85 --> easier than before
    lvl 86 - 120 --> about the same

(Estimated values, collected from different threads and own experience)

They did a full morale / damage rebalancing of mobs and player characters over the complete level range. And obviously aren't finished. The "low lvls became harder" needs to be fixed asap, because it drives away new players (= potential customers). And the mid ranges are broken the other way around - I have a lvl 70 captain who has twice the morale and damage output after U23, while mobs became weaker.
    According to Tiempko, his mini is soloing 6man GA at 35 (I think that was what they were saying anyway).
    Personally I think it's a minstrel issue or maybe he wears all absurdly op gear from places like bug battles.

In any case, grey white start gear has about gone x 1,5 in stats (i e the green 2h staff from quest in intro now does 14 dps instead of 10 11) but the mobs take way too long to kill and they even managed to kill my LMs bear. In the intro! Psssh. Not my idea of fun.

Maybe if the slayer deeds were reduced to max 30 mobs for advanced. Uphill unfunny struggle. I'm just angry, exiting intro with my fresly rolled LM.

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    According to Tiempko, his mini is soloing 6man GA at 35 (I think that was what they were saying anyway).
    That interpretation is a bit ambiguous. I can solo the full-fellowship landscape area at Level 35 (so long as I sneak past the three ghosts at the gate, which is easily doable). Not the 6-person Red Maid instance, which I haven't tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    Personally I think it's a minstrel issue or maybe he wears all absurdly op gear from places like bug battles.
    It may be a Minstrel issue . . . but my report was that the difficulty seems the same now for this character in this region as it was before the update. I was soloing the region before the update. Maybe a tad bit easier . . . but not a huge amount. Thus, no (or little) change at Level 35 (at least for minstrels).
    Meadowlarke Sweetweed on Landroval. Also nephews and Bounders Ayrhawk, Wrennsong, and Little Meadowlark Sweetweed
    Club Eclair roleplaying group just starting Volume II, as we begin our adventures in Moria to help the dwarfs reclaim the mine from the orcs (Alphred Troute, Hedgerow Shrewburrow).

OK I just made a minstrel and did the intro to see about it being harder. The mobs took maybe a few extra hits, I took more damage and I had more resists than normal but it was still REALLY easy and i'm done with it in 30mins.
    Evernight since 2007
    Greatorex - Guardian & many, many alts!