We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Thank you, Vastin

    Thanks for buffing creeps, finally they will be able to roam solo or in small groups, which will improve PvP quality a little

    Time for bad freeps to get good

    Let the salt begin

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    559
    Quote Originally Posted by Zettai View Post
    Thanks for buffing creeps, finally they will be able to roam solo or in small groups, which will improve PvP quality a little

    Time for bad freeps to get good

    Let the salt begin
    why are you thanking him ? he hasn't done anything other than creeps have been scaled

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirn View Post
    why are you thanking him ? he hasn't done anything other than creeps have been scaled
    Thank you Vastin, for buffing creeps

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Silverdale, WA
    Posts
    328
    This guy trolling or just trash?
    Nobody is buffed...you are playing against scaled, undergeared freeps 2 hours after an update.
    Give it a couple days..
    Jimi's Mash

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Melywen View Post
    This guy trolling or just trash?
    Nobody is buffed...you are playing against scaled, undergeared freeps 2 hours after an update.
    Give it a couple days..
    Thank you for your feedback

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Zettai View Post
    Thanks for buffing creeps, finally they will be able to roam solo or in small groups, which will improve PvP quality a little

    Time for bad freeps to get good

    Let the salt begin
    If you're correct (I have no idea), you won't be thanking Vastin for long. The horrible trash players that have enjoyed soaking up the easymode for the last several months will be long gone or hugging the GV stairs where they belong when this update hits and you'll have yourself an empty 'moors until they whine enough to bring back the one-shot-o-rama. Seen it too many times to be wrong.
    Team Milt.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,338
    Heres how the game is always played. Creeps got a buff to match what freeps WILL have at the end of the content. Strong now not so much at the end. It will be sparse because ssg gods havent gifted gear down yet. Once it does and things are leveled itll be busy again. Almost 10 years of doing this....
    Captain-General Ughidontknow...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by DrRabbitfoot View Post
    If you're correct (I have no idea), you won't be thanking Vastin for long. The horrible trash players that have enjoyed soaking up the easymode for the last several months will be long gone or hugging the GV stairs where they belong when this update hits and you'll have yourself an empty 'moors until they whine enough to bring back the one-shot-o-rama. Seen it too many times to be wrong.
    It's been a slow progression from a semblence of balance at 75 to where we were at U22. The concept that creeps will be "strong" until freeps gear is a flawed system due to two factors:

    A majority of the freeps won't enter the moors until they are well or decently geared. Considering a timeline of an average update, there is a disproportional amount of time AFTER freeps are geared compared to "under geared". Therefore creeps don't get to take advantage of their strong period.

    The final balance point is based on a non-min/maxed freep, which creates outlier data. The outlier data below the balance point is very vocal, i.e. creep class X is strong therefore a nerf should be implemented to correct this. Perfect example, "warg burst dps is too high, nerf X skill" while wargs themselves are not the issue in 99% of the cases but this vocal minority believes it to be true. This has slowly shifted that balance point over the course of several expansions until it completely eroded in U22, and the devs weren't done there.. they continued to listen to the vocal minority who felt creeps were STILL too much competition. Meanwhile 80% of freeps knew the truth, the 20% were below the balance point and only saw their point of view.

    This pendulum concept of balance is flawed to the core and U22 exposed it for what it is. When i creeped at 75 through 85 I never thought the devs would actually skew the balance so far that one-shotting a monster player would be a regular occurance. Back then hitting a creep for 50% of it's morale created it's own stir. I remember distinctly when RKs were up in arms that EC would no longer hit for over 50% of creep morale, and hunters HS would create a level playing field after a warg pounce. I was utterly appalled at what freeps considered "balance" in U22, and rather than strive for an even playing field for good fights, they would flip the OPs blue to get more buffs and hide behind the back door of lugz.
    ~Anaxander R9 Warden, Baranthor R5 Hunter, Skartan R2 Guardian~ Elendilmir
    ~Karukh R10 Warg, Prisonshank R6 Reaver~ Elendilmir
    **Mac User**

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload