We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Vastin View Post
    I'm just going to warn everyone straight up right now - the stuff that's dropping with a weird default level isn't being properly munged at all for some reason, so it's defaulting to a bad level.
    Thanks for the ongoing communication.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

From what I checked, mid level from 50-80 is much easier than before, due to higher morale and dps.

However, starting at level 85+, it's the same as before update. Also 1 thing to note is that healing doesn't scale with morale and dps.

I am playing minstrel level 90, and while she still deal same damage to mobs, mobs seems to hit harder, especially when on warsteed. And her heal isn't enough most of the time. Now each heal pulse heal around 2000-3000 morale while her total pool is around 20k morale.

So the devs really need to rebalance the skills along with the mobs' difficulty. Because if you make it harder, it'll possibly become really tough for light armour class like minstrel who depends on heals and kiting to survive.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140000000c4739/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

ROFL stomping

My chars are all 50-70 and were hitting roughly 60-80% more for their level when i mouse over the Physical mastery stat. but now they are all over the 200% mark and ROFL stomp through questing. my Warden can't do his 5piece Gambit class deed anymore because the mobs are dead by the time he gets to his 4th. they all have crafted gear but Teal jewellery from the old boxes.
    now my question is: is this sudden jump in hitting power due to the jewellery ? because the crafted gear seems so weak in comparison.
    so that means that when i go to the higher levels my chars are gonna become progressively weaker because the box system is removed and replaced by a ludicrous figment system- you get 300 from completing deeds for a complete region!! and then you need 1500 !! for one piece of jewellery on par with what my char is now.that means i have to fully complete the deed book for 5 regions to replace one old TEAL jewellery piece.
    could someone please tell me the sense in this? is this a ploy from the devs to encourage buying Keys from the shop or is it that we are to craft guild recipes and if we want to power level through landscape then we need to spend in the shop?

i know we can also get gear from completing instances but i soloed the School yesterday in my warden on Level and no gear dropped. just stuff for his LI so i am not sure if the dropping system has been altered as well.

SSG is adjusting the self sufficiency formulae underlying the game to send its remaining players to the LotRO store more often.

It is obvious they are trying to do away with "Freemium" self-sufficiency and those of us who still play, but no longer pay for the game.

That is why it takes 1500 motes for 1 piece of teal jewelery and you have to clear 5 zones or else buy a key from the store and hope the weighted-against-the-gambler RNG has mercy on you.

Very cynical times here.

Additionally with this update, I am beginning to wonder if Mid-level Legendary Weapons are even worth it on melee classes (which may not be a bad thing).They increased stats pretty big on non-legendary weapons while choosing to ignore legendary relics (or legendary base +stats).

Quote Originally Posted by StinkyGreene View Post
    Additionally with this update, I am beginning to wonder if Mid-level Legendary Weapons are even worth it on melee classes (which may not be a bad thing).They increased stats pretty big on non-legendary weapons while choosing to ignore legendary relics (or legendary base +stats).
    Good point.
    For a new gamer though, there ought to be incentive to use LIs along the way.
    Without a few million item xp runes avaialable at 100 and imbues, they will feel gimped rather a long time. Questing 50 through to imbues is a lot of ixp lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    Good point.
    For a new gamer though, there ought to be incentive to use LIs along the way.
    Without a few million item xp runes avaialable at 100 and imbues, they will feel gimped rather a long time. Questing 50 through to imbues is a lot of ixp lost.
    You can level LIs without actually equipping and using them.

Quote Originally Posted by ertr View Post
    You can level LIs without actually equipping and using them.
    Aye. Ertr is correct. One can start picking up LIs at Level 51, and slot them without equipping them, breaking them as they gain levels, and storing the LIXP stones and shards - as well a storing the LIXP stones one picks up from encounters, deeds, quests, and such . . . and have a nice stockpile by the time one reaches Level 100.
    Meadowlarke Sweetweed on Landroval. Also nephews and Bounders Ayrhawk, Wrennsong, and Little Meadowlark Sweetweed
    Club Eclair roleplaying group just starting Volume II, as we begin our adventures in Moria to help the dwarfs reclaim the mine from the orcs (Alphred Troute, Hedgerow Shrewburrow).

Quote Originally Posted by Tiempko View Post
    Aye. Ertr is correct. One can start picking up LIs at Level 51, and slot them without equipping them, breaking them as they gain levels, and storing the LIXP stones and shards - as well a storing the LIXP stones one picks up from encounters, deeds, quests, and such . . . and have a nice stockpile by the time one reaches Level 100.
    You need to use the starter LI, or it wont gain IXP, but after that, just having them slotted is enough. Number2 Hunter (L78), has 6 LI slotted, but uses non-LI weapons.

I think the point of my last post was that iLVL 51 Legendary Weapons have a +16 primary (or secondary) stat, minor crafted relics are +10, and Runes at Tier 8 or 9 are +26 (or some such number). None of which make Legendary weapons very compelling to use as non-legendaries are beefier in raw stat increases. There certainly are still useful legacies out there, but in a melee class character, theres a lot to be said for the benefits of avoiding the 51-100 level legendary grind.

I think the point of my last post was that iLVL 51 Legendary Weapons have a +16 primary (or secondary) stat, minor crafted relics are +10, and Runes at Tier 8 or 9 are +26 (or some such number). None of which make Legendary weapons very compelling to use as non-legendaries are beefier in raw stat increases. There certainly are still useful legacies out there, but in a melee class character, theres a lot to be said for the benefits of avoiding the 51-100 level legendary grind.
    I have noticed that, and commented on that very issue in the Bullroarer forums. Unfortunately that, together with many other problems players pointed out, wasn't fixed before U23 went live.

Them blue-named folks have said that a total redesign of legendary items is in order. It's just not possible to do everything at once. It is my home that they intend to introduce embued LIs at level 50 (45) and allow one to keep one's original item through the whole game - allowing higher tiered legacies as one gains in levels (e.g., 5 tiers at Level 50, 10 at Level 60). Given limited resources - I think it would be better for them to change these things once rather than twice.
    Meadowlarke Sweetweed on Landroval. Also nephews and Bounders Ayrhawk, Wrennsong, and Little Meadowlark Sweetweed
    Club Eclair roleplaying group just starting Volume II, as we begin our adventures in Moria to help the dwarfs reclaim the mine from the orcs (Alphred Troute, Hedgerow Shrewburrow).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2