We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: LI progression

LI progression

Will the current truths remain, such as the Big jump in effect LI level 85 to 86? FA 85 outDPSd by 3a 88?
    Any change in imbuement and the ability to fully max an LI immediately on making character level 100?

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    Will the current truths remain, such as the Big jump in effect LI level 85 to 86? FA 85 outDPSd by 3a 88?
    Any change in imbuement and the ability to fully max an LI immediately on making character level 100?
    I'll take that as a no.

SSG is aware of the LI problem and have plans to rework the system. But we don't know anything substantial yet.

Focused need to be on the headstats of the twohanded weapons they aren´t worth to mention at their current state. Minimum factor 10 to their value.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    Focused need to be on the headstats of the twohanded weapons they aren´t worth to mention at their current state. Minimum factor 10 to their value.
    thats clearly not the most severe issue. But yep, one of the many...
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    thats clearly not the most severe issue. But yep, one of the many...
    But for sure the biggest.
    Just look to hunters and the others. While hunters have both the dps of the bow and the stats of the offhand the other has to choose one of them.

But for sure the biggest.
    Just look to hunters and the others. While hunters have both the dps of the bow and the stats of the offhand the other has to choose one of them.
    If I look at this list, I can easily choose other points that to me are far worse systemwise

Issues players have with ILI system:
    -its extremely grindy
    -there is no catch-up-system for latecomers
    -many stats dont get scaled up and therefore get worse the higher the player levels, although we were told the items would "grow with us".
    -mainstats (DPS/healing/tacticalDPS) and all other ratings grow with weird curves and only via crystals/scrolls not with characterlevel
    -therefore, lvl100 toons can have a far better weapon than a lvl120 toon
    -lots of good unimbued legacies vanished with imbuement
    -stat explosion on some legacies is hard to balance
    -no way to choose those perfect headstats like might+crit+morale for twohanded melees or +5% damage on LM books, which is more of an issue if items stay permanent than if only short-time-items
    -mordor relics (not really ILI specific)
    -others I forgot

If you are already done with all grind, perfectly maxxed out with everything and are a maxlvl twohanded item wearer... then, and only in that case, those nonscaled mainstats are the biggest issue. Especially, if you count them together with things like Rend in point 3/4 in that list.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

If I look at this list, I can easily choose other points that to me are far worse systemwise

Issues players have with ILI system:
    -its extremely grindy
    -there is no catch-up-system for latecomers
    -many stats dont get scaled up and therefore get worse the higher the player levels, although we were told the items would "grow with us".
    -mainstats (DPS/healing/tacticalDPS) and all other ratings grow with weird curves and only via crystals/scrolls not with characterlevel
    -therefore, lvl100 toons can have a far better weapon than a lvl120 toon
    -lots of good unimbued legacies vanished with imbuement
    -stat explosion on some legacies is hard to balance
    -no way to choose those perfect headstats like might+crit+morale for twohanded melees or +5% damage on LM books, which is more of an issue if items stay permanent than if only short-time-items
    -mordor relics (not really ILI specific)
    -others I forgot

If you are already done with all grind, perfectly maxxed out with everything and are a maxlvl twohanded item wearer... then, and only in that case, those nonscaled mainstats are the biggest issue. Especially, if you count them together with things like Rend in point 3/4 in that list.
    This points too aren't well thought. But theredicolous headstats off twohanded make the different between the classes, hunter vs the rest. While your points are equal worse for All.
    Well rend armour reduction scaling sucks for champs, but evade reduction chance for hunters is same bad for hunters or parry/block rating with shield tactics for guard etc. every class has this former game changing legacies. Which aren't worth to mention anymore.
    But we only have one class with high dps on it's weapon and high stats with their second hand gear.
    After we remove this easy coreccrable differences between the classes(same for fifty percent more stats for agility and will classes) we can analyse further and work on balancimg far better as have such imbalanced to equalize in another way.
    Last edited by Mukor; Oct 08 2018 at 02:34 PM.

This points too aren't well thought. But theredicolous headstats off twohanded make the different between the classes, hunter vs the rest. While your points are equal worse for All.
    Well rend armour reduction scaling sucks for champs, but evade reduction chance for hunters is same bad for hunters or parry/block rating with shield tactics for guard etc. every class has this former game changing legacies. Which aren't worth to mention anymore.
    But we only have one class with high dps on it's weapon and high stats with their second hand gear.
    After we remove this easy coreccrable differences between the classes(same for fifty percent more stats for agility and will classes) we can analyse further and work on balancimg far better as have such imbalanced to equalize in another way.
    I think, you overestimate the impact of offhand-weapon-stats.
    Sure, its there and meaningful. But it wont raise your total DPS by the amount that you miss to catch up to a hunter with a guard/cappy/champ/LM.
    Maybe, it will do the job for RKs, but even there, I doubt it.

I think, you overestimate the impact of offhand-weapon-stats.
    Sure, its there and meaningful. But it wont raise your total DPS by the amount that you miss to catch up to a hunter with a guard/cappy/champ/LM.
    Maybe, it will do the job for RKs, but even there, I doubt it.
    For sure not. But remove such differences allows to have a better look at the differences and remove them..
    With one level of the base it's easier to see the differences and what has to be changed.
    Atm we've an Astra vs an Enzo not a fair match. Just if both have the same car we can look at the engine and if this is equal for both with their differences we have the driver skills which make the difference. But now we've a clear dismatch.

It's been a couple of years when off hand stat has been vastly outperformed by LI passives. Now they're more balanced. Perhaps. Unless you have very good passives. The game gives and takes.

It's been a couple of years when off hand stat has been vastly outperformed by LI passives. Now they're more balanced. Perhaps. Unless you have very good passives. The game gives and takes.
    In which World are ~1k=~4k for crit etc.
    Or ~100=~900 for mainstats
    In Addition to 3 vs five stats.
    Now offstats numbers will raise further with u23.
    Another Option would be a pure stat item which you can slot in your offhandslot. If this would be easier formula wise.

The effect from stats changed a lot over time. Now the stats will be given diminishing returns and some stats have changed entirely for the classes. Hard points to morale are unchanged from passives.
    I agree with you that LM sword and staff makes it wierd for them to have passives on LIs.
    Maybe remove passives entirely from all LIs. No more rerolling for perfs.

The effect from stats changed a lot over time. Now the stats will be given diminishing returns and some stats have changed entirely for the classes. Hard points to morale are unchanged from passives.
    I agree with you that LM sword and staff makes it wierd for them to have passives on LIs.
    If they wanted, they could even put a DR on morale.
    Simply define a base health for each lvl and class, then let vitality/morale increase said base health by x% and the conversion has DR like all the other formulas. Could work the same way like mastery, including a cap, if they wanted that.

Personaly I find the rerolling of the stats some kind of fun. Which 3 are optimum. Make a list of priority. Craft. ####. Craft again. 1 of 3. Craft again. 2of 3. Well keep, some more Triest. 2 of 3 but better after priority list..... Until finally 3 of 3 or k enough I keep might, crit, vita instead of might, crit morale.
    A little lottery for low costs.
    They should just raise the stats for the needed stats, that they give again a fair amount of the stats. 100 of 30k aren't even 1%. This should be the minimum goal.
    A Juno with the last two dps ranks would be fine enough.

A little lottery for low costs.
    low costs lottery?
    Currently, on my Server, 1st Age Symbols get sold for roughly 200-250g. They drop nowhere, as no one runs epic battles anymore and people use their raid-coins for other rewards.
    When you need roughly 100 1st Age symbols to get the combination of headstats you look for, thats not low cost...
    And thats only for one toon.

Who even wants a lottery at all in lotro? I'd prefer to know what I get.

low costs lottery?
    Currently, on my Server, 1st Age Symbols get sold for roughly 200-250g. They drop nowhere, as no one runs epic battles anymore and people use their raid-coins for other rewards.
    When you need roughly 100 1st Age symbols to get the combination of headstats you look for, thats not low cost...
    And thats only for one toon.

Who even wants a lottery at all in lotro? I'd prefer to know what I get.
    Well one round "throne of dread terror" (6 ids) and you´ve one that was around 2 h of playing. Even less if you just grinded id1..
    Tha´s not to much to invest for a (nearly perfect) 1st age.

offtopic : At this point. It would be nice if they drop again in the cm-chest or would be tradeable for the raidcoins in the new raid.

Well one round "throne of dread terror" (6 ids) and you´ve one that was around 2 h of playing. Even less if you just grinded id1..
    Tha´s not to much to invest for a (nearly perfect) 1st age.
    I seriously doubt, that you'll get anything faster with running throne T1 with the tiny amount of coins that rewards...

so, any random 1st age is one part of the lottery. Now do that a hundred times, with 10 characters. I call that 2000 wasted hours of annoying grind, just to get those mainstats. As long as they are pointless (like now), thats not an issue.
    If they get scaled to meaningful values, the issue is right back there.

I seriously doubt, that you'll get anything faster with running throne T1 with the tiny amount of coins that rewards...

so, any random 1st age is one part of the lottery. Now do that a hundred times, with 10 characters. I call that 2000 wasted hours of annoying grind, just to get those mainstats. As long as they are pointless (like now), thats not an issue.
    If they get scaled to meaningful values, the issue is right back there.
    Not t1, ID 1 in t2c, which was Don in, 5 min and less.
    7 coins per run and 40 were the cost of a first age. So 8 runs =40 min.

Not t1, ID 1 in t2c, which was Don in, 5 min and less.
    7 coins per run and 40 were the cost of a first age. So 8 runs =40 min.
    do these 5min include the time you need to gather a group for that?
    Not on my server, I'll guess...

do these 5min include the time you need to gather a group for that?
    Not on my server, I'll guess...
    Not with searching but I don't count this. Maynly I twink while doing this. So no unused time.