We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Have virtues been addressed to scale?

Have the virtues been addressed as to scaling? What is the virtue cap for BR?

thanks in advance

Would like to know this too.

Virtues need a massive overhaul to keep up with current ratings, so much so that I doubt numbers would even fit in the tooltip.
    "Not all those who wander are lost....some are so stubborn that they always think they're going in the right direction."

"The 4th age is the store age" - Hetweith

Quote Originally Posted by Aelir View Post
    Would like to know this too.
    No the virtues are not scaled and currently really weak.
    The cap is still 20, same as on the live Server.

This is such a simple fix to move forward in perpetuity with.
    Levels 1-20 virtue cap is 1. Every 5 levels after this the cap goes up by 1.
    A capped virtue slot is given the same stat value as a teal essence of that level cap (don't give multiple essences of the same quality with different item levels anymore, please).
    Your ranking in the virtue relative to the virute cap gives you the percent of full value that virtue is worth for you. So if virtue cap is 10, and I have 8 ranks earned, I get 80% of the stat value of a teal essence for my current level.

5 extra essence slots worth of stats for someone with capped virtues seems pretty appropriate in terms of having a meaningful bonus, while not being make or break.

Quote Originally Posted by Drizzels View Post
    No the virtues are not scaled and currently really weak.
    The cap is still 20, same as on the live Server.
    Thanks for info

Wow, a level cap increase and no virtue cap increase... that's gotta be a first. 7 rounds of beta and this was completely neglected.
    So many different dev teams adding so many new systems through the years I guess it's no wonder they lost track of what's there.

Virtues need to become percentage with one of the next updates.
    +x% of morale, +y% of armour, +z% of the phy mit value.

I don't understand why they aren't already. Same for some (de)buffs of some skills.
    With being percentage they can't be forgot and be passive nerfed through this.

They gave up on virtues when enough people complained about not being taken on raids because their virtues were too low. Players didn't want to spend the time doing virtues so they complained till they made them un-inspectable. It is an easy fix like some of you had mentioned but if they fixed the virtues with todays stats players would complain they have to go back and do their virtues now its a no win situation.

Virtues definitely need to scale better. I remember a time when they made a significant contribution to your stats.

-Bel
    Belnavar - Captain - 115 - Brandywine - An Unexpected Kinship

Quote Originally Posted by STEAL107 View Post
    They gave up on virtues when enough people complained about not being taken on raids because their virtues were too low. Players didn't want to spend the time doing virtues so they complained till they made them un-inspectable. It is an easy fix like some of you had mentioned but if they fixed the virtues with todays stats players would complain they have to go back and do their virtues now its a no win situation.
    And sure enough, a Bullroarer feedback thread is not complete without someone jumping in to dismiss a valid concern by pinning it on "players complaining" Please get your facts straight about virtue updates between 2013 - 2017.

Introduction of trait trees in 2013 resulted in trait UI redesigns and no longer being inspectable.
    Obviously virtues are still relevant, as seen by not one but two virtue overhauls over past couple years, giving us better stats per tier. Obviously they are still valid, since the Mordor level increase raised virtue tiers and made them more worthwhile.

It seems SSG devs have so much on their plate with U23 they simply forgot about scaling virtues with everything else. Hence this thread, to remind.

Edit:
    Since virtue tiers are also sold in Lotro store, it is doubly opportune not to neglect their scaling.