We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Level 24 and still in bree

I am a level 24 hunter, who has not yet gone to lone lands. I want to complete all the Bree land deeds, as I need 3995 LP for the eriador quest pack. Is this ok? Are there any bad effects of being behind on leveling?

Also, can I make quests stay visible and not become greyed out as I feel like the greyed out rings will be very annoying if I continue overleveling

You can set an option in UI that causes NPCs with quests to show up on your radar minimap. The rings above their heads will still be grey, but you will see them easily on radar.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggymojungle View Post
    I am a level 24 hunter, who has not yet gone to lone lands. I want to complete all the Bree land deeds, as I need 3995 LP for the eriador quest pack. Is this ok? Are there any bad effects of being behind on leveling?

Also, can I make quests stay visible and not become greyed out as I feel like the greyed out rings will be very annoying if I continue overleveling
    There are no bad effects. As a matter of fact, I once did this myself on a character.... not so much on the low end, I didn't do all the deeds and whatnot.... but I completed all the quests in all zones. This caused me to be level 54 before I even ENTERED Moria, And as I finished both Mirkwood AND Enedwaidth, I was already level 73 or so when I finally entered Dunland. I well into the 90s when I even entered Western Rohan.... and because there is a lot of level 100/105 content, I managed to be level 111 before I even entered Mordor for the first time. At some point your quest rings will no longer be gold if you have out leveled them, but they will be GREY.... but you can enable "show trivial quests" in options.

There is no side effects of doing it this way, there are many completionists in the game. Some prefer doing it with a experience halting item (which also costs LP), I prefer just doing it and gaining the experience from all quests and deeds I do.

Have fun!
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    There are no bad effects. As a matter of fact, I once did this myself on a character.... not so much on the low end, I didn't do all the deeds and whatnot.... but I completed all the quests in all zones. This caused me to be level 54 before I even ENTERED Moria, And as I finished both Mirkwood AND Enedwaidth, I was already level 73 or so when I finally entered Dunland. I well into the 90s when I even entered Western Rohan.... and because there is a lot of level 100/105 content, I managed to be level 111 before I even entered Mordor for the first time. At some point your quest rings will no longer be gold if you have out leveled them, but they will be GREY.... but you can enable "show trivial quests" in options.

There is no side effects of doing it this way, there are many completionists in the game. Some prefer doing it with a experience halting item (which also costs LP), I prefer just doing it and gaining the experience from all quests and deeds I do.

Have fun!
    Thanks! I wish the game automatically halted xp in each one when you got to a certain level...

Quote Originally Posted by Iggymojungle View Post
    Thanks! I wish the game automatically halted xp in each one when you got to a certain level...

It does for mobs - you won’t get any XP for defeating enemies once they stop being red on your radar. They will also stop attacking you. Quests still give XP though. The only potentially negative “side effect” of over-levelling is that things get easier, but whether or not that is a negative thing is quite subjective.
    “...and he lived happily ever after, to the end of his days”

Quote Originally Posted by TheArtilleryman View Post
    The only potentially negative “side effect” of over-levelling is that things get easier, but whether or not that is a negative thing is quite subjective.
    The main negative effect for leveling character is that the class deeds don´t count on grey mobs.
    Ich bin kein Deutscher, sorry für Grammatik
    Eglish isn't my native language, sorry for mistakes

To stop the over leveling an area, buy the Stone of the Tortoise from the in-game store for 100LP
    Ujest - 115 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 95 Warden, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 61 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post

Have fun!
    This is pretty much how my current character is. I'm 101 and just hit Gondor.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Game itself slows you down. No xp for mobs and quests are a very slow progress. With my first main, I wanted to do all the Epic Vol I, so I just did start of VolI to get my LI, then went back to do Angmar and such. Was close to 60 when actually started Moria. And hit 115 while still in North Ithilien, a couple hubs before the Wastes...

Quote Originally Posted by scorrp10 View Post
    Game itself slows you down. No xp for mobs and quests are a very slow progress.
    You will always get XP for quests, even if you do a level 5 quest at level 115. It's just such a small amount of XP, it doesn't really add much. However.... if you are trivial at say level 91 or so doing level 85 Wildermore quests, the XP should still be decent enough to nudge you forward.

You are correct though: As the amount of XP required each level increases, the game does slow you down by quite a bit if you are more than 5 levels over the zone you are playing in. A "completionist" that is playing without an XP disabler will find that they are always about 5 to 8 levels above the zone they want to finish.... If you want to finish Misty Mountains, Forochel, Angmar AND Eregion for instance, starting at around level 40 or so.... you will be level 55 by the time you have finished Eregion and ready to head for Moria. But not much more than that, maybe 56 if you used an experience tome along the way somewhere.... And that trend will continue throughout the game:

- Finishing Lothlorien, Mirkwood, AND Enedwaidth will easily get you past level 70 before you hit Dunland.
    - Finishing Dunland (including Gap or Rohan/Isengard) AND Great River will easily get you to about level 80 if you started at 70.
    - Finishing East Rohan and Wildermore will easily get you to 90 if you started at 80.
    - Finishing West Rohan and Fangorn will get you past 100 before you even head to Gondor.
    - Then.... because there is SO MUCH content for 100, if you do complete it all... you might be getting past 110 before you even get to Host of the West, and if you complete Far Anorien completely as well along the way, it is actually possible to max out to 115 before you hit Mordor.

Is this a bad thing? Not really.... you get all the benefits (not to mention all the Lotro Points!) from all the zones you travel through, plus all the local currencies which will aid you in getting all sorts of goodies, ranging from cosmetics to empowerment scrolls to travel skills, etc... I find that I enjoy leveling much more if I complete things.

This all said: I have it easy being VIP. If you are not VIP, you may not HAVE all zones to complete it all.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.