We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Universal Toolkit - - BUG

I've been away from the game for a couple of years and recently came back to play with my granddaughter. Apart from my old addled brain not remembering much everything is fine - ALMOST.

SUMMARY of ISSUE
    Cannot craft on my three crafters with the Universal Tool Kit. Can craft on the others.

BUG REVIEW (after a lot of trial and error and thinking it was me LOL)

EXAMPLE with Metalsmith:

Go to Forge and try and craft low level processing (lets say expert)
    1) Forge is Green
    2) Tool is green (says hammer)
    3) Can select item to make
    4) Quantity and Make Button don't work

If I pick a more complicated item such as a Expert Chisel, I can go through the three types of chisel, I can pick the extra item to improve crit %. Quantity and Make still do not work.

BackGround
    -------------

level Westemnet Crafter (maxed)
    Have spare slots in bags
    Tried logging off and back on
    Tried different zone/location
    Tried removing tool and putting it back

I used to be VIP for years (but have not subscribed yet.. just in case granddaughter gets bored!!)

Issues is there for all three crafters with Universal Kit. My Jeweler for example has no issue but has a Westemnet level tool.

Options
    -------

I could make /buy new tools but … first I want to make sure its a BUG - I purchased three of the universal kits.

THE ONLY REASON I'm not submitting a BUG report is I thought someone must have had the same issue in the last two years. So how do I fix this?

NOTE: Asked online, got all the usual suggestions, nothing helped .. and no one seemed to have heard of an issue with the Universal Toolkit

HELP!!!
    Last edited by SavinDwarf; Oct 02 2018 at 01:12 PM.
    It will never work, change always makes things worse, and Turbine doesn’t care about us anyway….” Eeyore
    But maybe it will have honey or even something better!!” -- Pooh

May sound silly, but...

You're sure you have all the ingredients you need to make the items?
    You're sure you have trained the correct crafting vocation on the toon you're using?
    You're sure the toolkit doesn't need repair?
    You mentioned expert level, have you done the crafting quest from the vocation trainer for unlocking expert level crafting? Or did they remove that now, I forget.
    Try crafting in Bree, I think low levels are disabled from crafting in high level areas. You mentioned trying different areas, but just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilan View Post
    May sound silly, but...

You're sure you have all the ingredients you need to make the items?
    You're sure you have trained the correct crafting vocation on the toon you're using?
    You're sure the toolkit doesn't need repair?
    You mentioned expert level, have you done the crafting quest from the vocation trainer for unlocking expert level crafting? Or did they remove that now, I forget.
    Try crafting in Bree, I think low levels are disabled from crafting in high level areas. You mentioned trying different areas, but just in case.
    I'm a level Westemnet crafter on all the toons. All ingredients are there. I tried moving to Bree. Would be surprised if toolkit needs repair - but will check later.... but it would be needing repair on all three toons??
    It will never work, change always makes things worse, and Turbine doesn’t care about us anyway….” Eeyore

Are those toolkits a recent purchase or did you buy them before your hiatus?

I haven't heard about anyone having such a problem recently, just checked my crafters army, all working.

In need of repair would be my first guess but it is indeed peculiar all three would need it at the same time. Do you get any kind of message/warning either on screen or in chat?
    Roaming Gladden since 2013

Quote Originally Posted by kudurru1 View Post
    Are those toolkits a recent purchase or did you buy them before your hiatus?

I haven't heard about anyone having such a problem recently, just checked my crafters army, all working.

In need of repair would be my first guess but it is indeed peculiar all three would need it at the same time. Do you get any kind of message/warning either on screen or in chat?

All purchased before my hiatus. That is why I was wondering if something changed that makes the old ones have a problem. I guess I purchased them in 2013? No message at all -- just the buttons for make and quantity are not working.

Several of my alts have the UTK, all Hobbit gifts, and not had any issues with any of them, from below L15 (jammy git drop), to L84, where I got two on consecutive days.

The creaky old servers do have a lot of issues, but many bugs clear with the nightly reset, and most clear with the (supposedly) weekly reboots.

Are you having any other strange issues? I am wondering about a minor file corruption; modern AV and Firewalls dont like LOTRO, and the installer is missing a lot of files needed to get it stable on Win10 systems; have a read of Hurins "One Guide" (search with Google - in forum search is useless)

Quote Originally Posted by SavinDwarf View Post
    All purchased before my hiatus. That is why I was wondering if something changed that makes the old ones have a problem. I guess I purchased them in 2013? No message at all -- just the buttons for make and quantity are not working.
    I had character-bound toolkits left from the bounders event that ran up to HD release. No probs at all.
    Try unequipping and reslotting.
    Oh and do hit f7 and send a ticket as well ### /bug it.
    There might be a simple fix.

Cannot craft on my three crafters with the Universal Tool Kit. Can craft on the others.

4) Quantity and Make Button don't work

Issues is there for all three crafters with Universal Kit. My Jeweler for example has no issue but has a Westemnet level tool.

I could make /buy new tools but … first I want to make sure its a BUG - I purchased three of the universal kits.
    From what I gather, your 3 crafters with Universal Toolkits have not tried using other tools/toolkits.

I believe the profession vendors, such as an Expert Metalsmith, sell the entry level tools. Buy those and test them.
    This would be a valuable troubleshooting step, and they hardly cost any in-game coin at all.
    If they work, but your universal toolkits don't, and they are repaired like suggested above, I would contact in-game support.

Also, even if the Quantity Buttons don't work, that field accepts typing, can you type a Quantity in the box? Is Quantity set to 0?

The only other thing I can think of is a UI issue with the placement of the Quanity and Make buttons.. so you might disable any UI plugins, if you have any installed.

Quote Originally Posted by WarmBeaches View Post
    From what I gather, your 3 crafters with Universal Toolkits have not tried using other tools/toolkits.

I believe the profession vendors, such as an Expert Metalsmith, sell the entry level tools. Buy those and test them.
    This would be a valuable troubleshooting step, and they hardly cost any in-game coin at all.
    If they work, but your universal toolkits don't, and they are repaired like suggested above, I would contact in-game support.

Also, even if the Quantity Buttons don't work, that field accepts typing, can you type a Quantity in the box? Is Quantity set to 0?

The only other thing I can think of is a UI issue with the placement of the Quanity and Make buttons.. so you might disable any UI plugins, if you have any installed.
    SOLVED!!!!

Even though my universal toolkit was showing 44/45 on durability I did a REPAIR. The problem went away. Im guessing some flag or something got miss set during the last couple of years and a repair fixed it. WEIRD … but happy again!!

You have to remember that at my age getting lucky is when I walk into a room and actually remember why I went there in the first place!!

Glad this is resolved.

Just adding a comment because I've heard of it happening in game. Make sure that LotRO hasn't reset your Quantity. Generally this happens when you are in the middle of changing the Quantity but LotRO assumes you don't know what you're doing and "auto-corrects" (like speach-to-text input) the number. But it moves the cursor or deletes characters or whatever and now you've got an invalid Quantity (ie, you're making 100 instead of 1 and you don't have enough mats to craft 2, let alone 100). Frequently this results in trying to craft zero items. Since you can't make nothing... nothing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by AccessDenied View Post
    Glad this is resolved.

Just adding a comment because I've heard of it happening in game. Make sure that LotRO hasn't reset your Quantity. Generally this happens when you are in the middle of changing the Quantity but LotRO assumes you don't know what you're doing and "auto-corrects" (like speach-to-text input) the number. But it moves the cursor or deletes characters or whatever and now you've got an invalid Quantity (ie, you're making 100 instead of 1 and you don't have enough mats to craft 2, let alone 100). Frequently this results in trying to craft zero items. Since you can't make nothing... nothing happens.
    So that's how that happens....thanks.
    ...................... missed a putt...............At a Dead & Co. show on a Mexican beach
    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face and his "I smoked my lawn" face.
    If it's not dangerous, it's not fun!
    Golfing Hobby yes....Golfing Hobby yes

SOLVED!!!!

You have to remember that at my age getting lucky is when I walk into a room and actually remember why I went there in the first place!!
    This made me laugh....i do it everyday. Glad you got your tool fixed

Last year I had a bug with the UT, but it was a jammy bug. I went to move it to my vault, as I had bought a better toolkit, and it arrived in my vault, but ALSO stayed in my bags.

Just to make sure it wasnt a phantom glitch, I moved the one in my vault back into my bag, tried out both; and yes, I now had 2 UT, where I used to have one.

My 2 lowest level alts now have them.