We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Login Issue

Login Issue

When I launch the game, I get stuck on the loading screen, specifically at the text "cleaning up old connection". Need help fixing this, so I can login.

I'm having the exact same problem. I logged in, spent a bit of time in game, then hit log out and walked away from my computer. The countdown started and I was in an area with all grey con mobs, so there's no chance surprise combat kept me logged in. I came back a few minutes later only to find that I was still in game, but I couldn't move or take any actions. Basically, I was logged out but had never gotten back to the character select screen. I hit log out again and then the exit now option, which did take me back to character select -- but it never managed to get through "waiting for log out". I waited quite a while, and then quit the game. Now when I try to log back in I get stuck on the same "cleaning up old connection" step.

EDIT: I force quit the game, logged onto a different server and was able to get on to a character there. Then, after logging out again, I was able to get back to my main server OK. Try that if you haven't already!

Quote Originally Posted by swarmofseals View Post
    I'm having the exact same problem. I logged in, spent a bit of time in game, then hit log out and walked away from my computer. The countdown started and I was in an area with all grey con mobs, so there's no chance surprise combat kept me logged in. I came back a few minutes later only to find that I was still in game, but I couldn't move or take any actions. Basically, I was logged out but had never gotten back to the character select screen. I hit log out again and then the exit now option, which did take me back to character select -- but it never managed to get through "waiting for log out". I waited quite a while, and then quit the game. Now when I try to log back in I get stuck on the same "cleaning up old connection" step.

EDIT: I force quit the game, logged onto a different server and was able to get on to a character there. Then, after logging out again, I was able to get back to my main server OK. Try that if you haven't already!
    Several of the worlds have been reporting similar issues over the last 36-48 hours; hopefully it will be sorted out, although dont expect any explanations.

The oddest factor is that not ALL the worlds are affected; since they are all supposed to be running identical code on the same server hardware, you would expect one down - all down.