We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Grey Mountains Ratings Calculator

Vastin has said in an other thread that rating curves are not going to change anymore, so I decided to share my calculator to a wider audience at this time.
    Be warned that things may change..

Download link v1.2.1

Use the above link and from the File menu select Download as.. or Make a copy of it to your own Google account. You can't modify and consequently can't use this original document directly. This ODS spreadsheet should work in any Office Spreadsheet application, but looks best in Google Sheets.

How to use it:

Selections
    Class Type: Light, Medium or Heavy - for Mitigation calculations
    Character Level: 1 to 120
    Difficulty Tier: Selection will add penetration values for specific instances & raids tiers.
    Percentage: Select which percentage graph to display.

Entering values
    Enter ratings or percentages in the appropriate white fields.
    Entering rating will give the correct percentage. Entering a percentage gives the required rating.

Advanced use
    You can use the calculator as a planning tool.
    1) You can enter your current rating in one of the cells below Enter rating.
    2) Enter your desired percentage. This will give your desired target rating.
    3) The Rating Difference column will show how much you're under the target (in red) or above the target (blue).
    4) The same colors return in the graph, so you have a visual guide.

The calculations are compliant with U24 and should be 99.99..% accurate (unless something escaped detection).
    Last edited by Giseldah; Sep 23 2019 at 04:07 AM.

Awesome stuff Giseldah ! I will add this to the Dadi's LOTRO Guides page with the stat caps (located here: http://dadislotroguides.com/u23-wher...ell-stat-caps/) if you are OK with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Giseldah View Post
    Vastin has said in an other thread that rating curves are not going to change anymore, so I decided to share my calculator to a wider audience at this time.
    Be warned that things may change..

Download link v1.0b12

Use the above link and from the File menu select Download as.. or Make a copy of it to your own Google account. It should work in any Office Spreadsheet application, but looks best in Google Sheets.

How to use it:

Selections
    Class Type: Light, Medium or Heavy - for Mitigation calculations
    Character Level: between 115-120
    Difficulty Tier: T1, T2 (adds penetration values) - no T3 at this time.
    Percentage: Select which percentage graph to display.

Entering values
    Enter ratings or percentages in the appropriate white fields.
    Entering rating will give the correct percentage. Entering a percentage vice versa.

Advanced use
    You can use the calculator as a planning tool.
    1) You can enter your current rating in the Enter rating field.
    2) Enter your desired percentage. This will give your desired target rating.
    3) The Rating Difference column will show how much you're under the target (in red) or above the target (blue).
    4) The same colors return in the graph, so you have a visual guide.

The calculations are compliant with U23b5 and should be 99.99..% accurate.
    Last edited by Dadislotroguides; Sep 29 2018 at 09:47 AM.
    Dadi / Tyrlas - Arkenstone (Leader - Rare Breed Kin)
    dadislotroguides.com

What is this, and what does it do?
    His sword was long, his lance was keen, his shining helm afar was seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadislotroguides View Post
    Awesome stuff Giseldah ! I will add this to the Dadi's LOTRO Guides page with the stat caps (located here: http://dadislotroguides.com/u23-wher...ell-stat-caps/) if you are OK with it.
    Sure, go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Sito_Origami View Post
    What is this, and what does it do?
    Here is some explanation about what rating curves are:
    https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Rat...entage_formula

The calculator can calculate ratings/percentages like they will be in the next update U23 Where Dragons Dwell (provided nothing changes between now and launch).

It can help with understanding the progression of your percentages while leveling up from 115 to the next level cap 120. It can be helpful with deciding what gear/stats to upgrade. Perhaps how many essences you might need.

It might be helpful to developers of other tools, because this is a working example/showcase.

Quote Originally Posted by LordOfTheSquids View Post
    Bullroarer has been updated to build 2300.0060.5543.4279.

You can find the release notes here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-Release-Notes

Changes:
    *snip*
    • Ratings from gear have been rebalanced to make it harder to cap your key stats early. Addtionally, DPS/healing stats are generally now harder to raise than mitigation stats, as there are fewer of them Targets and curves are the same, gear simply provides less per point budgeted to these stats.

*snip*
    Just did a few quick checks on BR. Looks indeed like Targets (cap ratings/percentages) and curves (C, the measure of breaking away from a straight line) are still the same, so the calculator should be compliant with the U23b6 build.

CaerArianrhod is offline Rohirrim Scout
    Guardian of Erebrandir's Horseshoe's Secret
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadislotroguides View Post
    will add this to the Dadi's LOTRO Guides page
    Bye the way, as i see you here, because of http://dadislotroguides.com/online-e...the-confusion/ . I have shot down the essence calculator.

I assumed that progression of Rcap between 115-120 was linear, but it looks like the first step to 116 is different. You'll first get the small lvl115+10%.
    So the 115 and 120 is correct, but I'll need to change in between levels.

Perhaps I'll make a version with experimental support for the whole level range. I'll need to do some more research first.

Excellent. Thanks for sharing, Surely it shall change over time, but for now One will not be able to balance the overall stats and their mitigations with ease as it was possible Pre Update 23:Where Dragons Dwell. As expected the new essences will arrive and players will be able to obtain more powerful version of the gear to further amp their potency,but the numbers here clearly are telling everything especially if you venture to Ettenmoors.

Forget about Full Physical Mitigation or Capped Mastery. The current strength of particular essence and the amount of essence slots is not enough to fulfil the both or multiple aspects. Even with nearly top Gear which was present in BETA I couldn't bump my critical rating over 162,000 while Mastery sat at 202,000. The Critical defence was less than 14,000 and Orc-Craft Mitigation less then 14%

It could be intriguing to see the performance in upcoming Tier III instances. Players will be more limited and therefore careful about their role. I am against any possible nerf or bumping up essence strength in near future. I would love to see harder game-play and less versatility. For instance as Primary Damage dealer DPS class wont have the power to capp mastery/critical rating while having High Morale pool,decent Evade Rating and Maxed out Physical&Tactical Mitigation.

It is very difficult task for Developers to accomplish any sort of balance,but the classes in general should not be able to posses Superb Avoidances,Mitigations and generally speaking Offensive/Defensive capabilities. Certain sacrifice is needed.

I've made a new version which supports all levels 1-120. See first post for the download link.
    It contains all Cap Rating graphs for 1-120 except for mitigations which are on a different kind of graph.
    Point lvl116 is included, so lvl116-119 should be accurate now as well.

Example of a Cap Rating Graph:

I've made a new version which supports all levels 1-120. See first post for the download link.
    It contains all Cap Rating graphs for 1-120 except for mitigations which are on a different kind of graph.
    Point lvl116 is included, so lvl116-119 should be accurate now as well.
    It looks like for me, as this would be rather a single graph then as a sum of many graphs. Could you test it level by level or did you "only" the calculation. I would assume that Vastin made the streamlining of the stats as he said, so it "should" be one curve. But if we still have this kind of many curves, the system is more broken as we thought.

Quote Originally Posted by CaerArianrhod View Post
    It looks like for me, as this would be rather a single graph then as a sum of many graphs. Could you test it level by level or did you "only" the calculation. I would assume that Vastin made the streamlining of the stats as he said, so it "should" be one curve. But if we still have this kind of many curves, the system is more broken as we thought.
    I did investigate a lot of levels. 120 levels is too much to do, but with considering the past history and keeping the major expansions in mind you can do some good guessing which levels to do.

What's different now from before is that every rating stat is on the same kind of graph like the above one. They all look the same now. Only the ratings on the y-axis are different (7 variations), but the shape is still the same. The graph also doesn't have any holes in it like they had before (especially at lower levels and in relation with percentage cap increases). Everything is pretty much connected. All percentage caps are the same now across all levels.

What's bugging me at the moment are those pesky level 76, 77 and 78 even I think which are difficult to determine. I probably need to research them all in that area (times 7).

Why not a fluent curve? Well, I guess you can't ignore all the expansions which bring major new gear available at some points or the lack of gear in some situations.

Edit: You can see above that all is about the same except 76-78. Base is the Lvl75 'B' rating (Rcap/C). Lvl120 = 15*Lvl75. 13050 is Heavy armour mitigations which should be finished now..

Edit2: This is the calculation for lvl80. With lvl78 as starting point of the segment to 100 I get the right results for 79 and 80. I found that B was off by 10 when using lvl77 (B is rounded to 10 at levels higher than 75). B=Rcap/C so you get the cap rating with B*C in this case 16740*1.2 = 20088. I shall investigate all 76-78.
    Last edited by Giseldah; Oct 08 2018 at 01:18 PM.

A typing error creeped into the Light armour mitigation calculation (base rating 8000 instead of 7000). This has now been corrected.
    This version will be the final if nothing changes on live tuesday.

I've updated https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Cha...tats#Stat_caps and https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Rat...entage_formula already to U23, so I should be able to start questing tomorrow as soon as possible.

Thumbs up

Thank you Giseldah!

Permanently retired. Was Kibilturg, Guardian of Imladris (then Landroval & Crickhollow) and ~40 alts.

Giseldah, you are absolutely awesome!

I get stuck when 2+2 doesn't equal 5!

Again, thanks for your efforts. Will you be adding this info/link to your wiki pages?

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Rat...entage_formula

I.e. a reference to the spread sheet?

OOPs... I didn't look far enough down the page!! Thanks again!
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden
    Sr. Editor LOTRO-Wiki.com

Val - Man Minstrel (108)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (71)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (120)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (107)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (71)
    Valanne - Beorning (105)
    Ninth - Man Warden (66)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

I did not do a very thorough examination, but I believe that nothing has changed. I've renamed the last beta15 to v1.0 and that's it. (corrected also the Wiki page )

Note that levels 76-99 can be unreliable, because I didn't had the time in last beta to do further research in the ~76-80 interval.

I did not do a very thorough examination, but I believe that nothing has changed. I've renamed the last beta15 to v1.0 and that's it. (corrected also the Wiki page )

Note that levels 76-99 can be unreliable, because I didn't had the time in last beta to do further research in the ~76-80 interval.
    Thanks for all your work on this, it's quite insightful.

I guess SSG didn't have enough time in beta to do research on lower levels either.
    "Never argue with a fool, it's difficult to tell the difference"

I think that I have decyphered what's happening with the Cap Ratings in between lvl75 and 100.
    Firstly we have at lvl76 = lvl75+10% rounded to 100's.
    Then from lvl77 steps are (2*lvl75-(lvl75+10% rounded to 100's))/(100-75), starting with a double step..

See link to version 1.01 in first post which implements this.

I prepared it for different T3 penetration values, but they're no different from T2. I leave the current version as it is now, although maybe the tier selection would be better with 'T2/T3' description instead of 'T2'.

I prepared it for different T3 penetration values, but they're no different from T2. I leave the current version as it is now, although maybe the tier selection would be better with 'T2/T3' description instead of 'T2'.
    I'm really not happy to say this, but did you know, that - as it seems - all items with iLvl 360 from scaling instances and from big battle are downgraded to iLvl 355 with the U23.1.2 patch? Items acquired prior the patch are still iLvl 360.

Quote Originally Posted by CaerArianrhod View Post
    I'm really not happy to say this, but did you know, that - as it seems - all items with iLvl 360 from scaling instances and from big battle are downgraded to iLvl 355 with the U23.1.2 patch? Items acquired prior the patch are still iLvl 360.
    Yes, I've seen it. It doesn't have any impact on the work that I have done.

I'm still busy with armour values at the moment, collecting and processing large amounts of data. I've discovered today that the upper segment ilvl350-399 changed from 7.8-12x ilvl79 to 6.6-15x since my last data from beta. Luckily also no impact from this. All the other multipliers stayed the same as far as I can tell.

Some -mainly item level 50ish/Moria- armour items still have incorrect values. I didn't inspect their other stats, but might be the same there.

New version 1.1: download link in first post.

I've updated penetration selection to: T1, T2 old, T2 new and T3.

T2 old is for (mostly) older instances where you don't have a T3 and T2 new is for the new instances (with T3, includes Helegrod).

See also: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-thikil-Gundu)

New version 1.2: download link in first post.

Changes:
    - adjusted calculations for levels 1-99, because of new roundings in cap rating progressions, which caused percentages for Light & Medium mitigations to be slightly higher than before.
    - adjusted calculation for levels 101-104, because I detected a bump in cap rating progressions at levels 101 & 102 (lvl101=1.1*lvl100, lvl102=oddity like lvl76).
    - adjusted selection texts for Tiers again.
    - added 25% extra bonus percentage to Partial Evade Mitigation at Level 1

Note that ratings and percentages are fractured numbers like 31986.7492446.. which are shown rounded in game in the character window. Ratings are rounded to whole numbers and percentages to a tenth precision. For percentages in character window counts that 0.0002% is added to the internal value, before rounding it for display.

In the spreadsheet sometimes these roundings result in a difference with the character display. Like 14289 rating gives 23.8% in character window, but the spreadsheet gives 23.9%. In that case the internal rating might not be 14289, but a rounded 14288.683437953 which gives just a little less percentage, enough to round the percentage display to a tenth lower.
    If you encounter such a thing then try in this case 14288.5 in the spreadsheet. It should display 23.8 as well. If it still doesn't then something might be wrong with the spreadsheets' calculations - please let me know and provide some data.

Note that ratings and percentages are fractured numbers like 31986.7492446.. which are shown rounded in game in the character window. Ratings are rounded to whole numbers and percentages to a tenth precision. For percentages in character window counts that 0.0002% is added to the internal value, before rounding it for display.

In the spreadsheet sometimes these roundings result in a difference with the character display. Like 14289 rating gives 23.8% in character window, but the spreadsheet gives 23.9%. In that case the internal rating might not be 14289, but a rounded 14288.683437953 which gives just a little less percentage, enough to round the percentage display to a tenth lower.
    If you encounter such a thing then try in this case 14288.5 in the spreadsheet. It should display 23.8 as well. If it still doesn't then something might be wrong with the spreadsheets' calculations - please let me know and provide some data.
    I am getting this error after I d/l as Excel and attempt to open. Once I open there are REF# errors:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="true"?>

-<recoveryLog xmlns="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/spreadsheetml/2006/main">

<logFileName>error104520_01.xm l</logFileName>

<summary>Errors were detected in file 'C:\Users\name\Downloads\Grey Mountains Ratings Calculator v1.2 (1).xlsx'</summary>

-<removedRecords summary="Following is a list of removed records:">

<removedRecord>Removed Records: Formula from /xl/worksheets/sheet2.xml part</removedRecord>

<removedRecord>Removed Records: Shared formula from /xl/worksheets/sheet2.xml part</removedRecord>

<removedRecord>Removed Records: Formula from /xl/worksheets/sheet5.xml part</removedRecord>

</removedRecords>

-<repairedRecords summary="Following is a list of repairs:">

<repairedRecord>Repaired Records: Drawing from /xl/drawings/drawing1.xml part (Drawing shape)</repairedRecord>

<repairedRecord>Repaired Records: Drawing from /xl/drawings/drawing2.xml part (Drawing shape)</repairedRecord>

</repairedRecords>

</recoveryLog>
    Dadi / Tyrlas - Arkenstone (Leader - Rare Breed Kin)
    dadislotroguides.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast