We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1

    Where did i go astray!?

    Hiyas folks! Need some help here.

    I have a Level 111 Lore Master that I ran through Minas Tirith (not the battle instance), and then cruised up through Old Anoria and Beacon Hills doing those quests, and the came back to continue Osgilliath and go into North Ithilien ( I had already run South Ithilien through Farimir's Lookout).
    The problem is that I THOUGHT I could get to "AFTER BATTLE" Minas Tirith and Osgilliath from the Stable Master in Minas Tirith ('cause that what the game indicated), BUT, much to my chagrin, I could not, and after a considerable amount of time running around and looking though my lists of deeds, Books, etc., I have not been able to see where I missed the ability to go to Post battle Osgilliath.

    So, please teach me what I missed, or did wrong.

    Thanks!

    P.S. - I have already run a Champion through this stuff up to Modor's gate, but either something has changed, or I have lost my memory cells for the correct path!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lancashire, UK
    Posts
    1,568
    From the Wiki - This version of Minas Tirith is unlocked after completing Volume IV, Book 6 of the Epic Story. A horse at the Great Gate of Minas Tirith (next to the entrance to the City Stables) teleports players between the before- and after-battle versions of the White City.

    Basically, as you enter Minas Tirith there should be a horse directly in front of you that takes you to after battle if you meet the requirements. You can also barter for a travel skill from the Quartermaster (Defenders of Minas Tirith) if you have friend standing.

  3. #3
    Altair6 is correct. Another way of getting to Osgiliath after battle would be taking swift travel from South Bree, Galtrev, 21st Hall, Camp of the Host, Henneth Annûn, Dol Amroth, probably few other places...

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    From the Wiki - This version of Minas Tirith is unlocked after completing Volume IV, Book 6 of the Epic Story. A horse at the Great Gate of Minas Tirith (next to the entrance to the City Stables) teleports players between the before- and after-battle versions of the White City.

    Basically, as you enter Minas Tirith there should be a horse directly in front of you that takes you to after battle if you meet the requirements. You can also barter for a travel skill from the Quartermaster (Defenders of Minas Tirith) if you have friend standing.

    Well, somehow my Champion bypassed what the Wiki says. He did not complete Volume 4, Books 1, 2, or 4, much less Book 6 of the Epic and he was still able to travel to all points past Minas Tirith Post Battle. My Lore Master is at the same point in the Epic, but the Post Battle stables are all "Undiscovered".

    I don't recall doing anything unusual with my Champion, but I do recall doing the battle with the Rangers as they left Osgilliath and after that being able to travel to the post battle Osgilliath stable, but I have not found the same way with my Lore Master. I have completed (I think) all the quests and tasks for the Rangers in Osgilliath, so …

    Anyway, thanks much for the feedback. I'll keep looking...

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirhaen View Post
    Altair6 is correct. Another way of getting to Osgiliath after battle would be taking swift travel from South Bree, Galtrev, 21st Hall, Camp of the Host, Henneth Annûn, Dol Amroth, probably few other places...
    The stable locations are showing "Undiscovered" even from those locations.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Infraction Traction 1/1 (1)
    Posts
    3,502
    So, you folks are saying that you can get to "after battle" Minas Tirith without doing the Pelennor instance?

    I think that is a requirement.

    From the Lotro Wiki:


    ...................... missed a putt...............At a Dead & Co. show on a Mexican beach
    .................
    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face and his "I smoked my lawn" face.
    This has to end. I do not play LOTRO because I want to gamble. I play LOTRO because I like the game.
    Buying keys is not playing the game.
    Golfing Hobby yes....Golfing Hobby yes

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in Middle-earth
    Posts
    751
    Well, there is also a Osgiliath after battle version, so I would ask: if one is in North ithilien and then goes back, shouldn´t he/she arrive in Osgiliath after battle and through it in Minas Tirith after battle?


    Wasn´t the situation that from South Ithilien you can reach Osgiliath before the battle and from Nord Ithilien after the battle? Or are thesee two separate? Not sure any more.
    Ich bin kein Deutscher, sorry für Grammatik
    Eglish isn't my native language, sorry for mistakes

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    So, you folks are saying that you can get to "after battle" Minas Tirith without doing the Pelennor instance?

    I think that is a requirement.

    From the Lotro Wiki:


    No, you don't have to do the Pelennor instances. But you have to do the Pelennor Epic which is started in Crithost and leads you to the Wose area and finally back to the Pelennor battle. During the Epic you get hints when to run which instance, but those are not mandatory to go through the Epic.

    EDIT: Corrected spelling error in location name.
    Last edited by Gildoriel; Sep 28 2018 at 06:37 AM.
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lancashire, UK
    Posts
    1,568
    The other option, of course, is to use a Mithril coin to travel to undiscovered stables. Maybe that's what you did on your other character?

  10. #10
    If you travel straight through pre-battle Osgiliath to the King's Crossing and there to the north into North Ithilien, you will get phased into an after-battle North Ithilien. You can then turn around, travel through an after-battle Osgiliath, and reach the after-battle Minas Tirith.

    That is valid for all characters that did the battle. I have no idea what happens if you try to do that without fighting on the Pelennor.


    Greetings, Polymachos
    Treufried, human Level 115 Lore Master, formerly from Maiar (DE), now on Belegaer
    Räuberhöhle auf Belegaer, Breelandsiedlung, Ochsbott, Lange Straße 5. Vorsicht, Fallen!
    Alexophor, human Level 115 Hunter, formerly a Nimrod, now on Landroval
    Awkward Animal Arena in Breeland Homesteads, 6 Long Street, Ersward (Landroval)

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    The other option, of course, is to use a Mithril coin to travel to undiscovered stables. Maybe that's what you did on your other character?
    Well, I checked on that, and no, he does not have the ability to travel to after-battle Minas Tirith, so I still don't know how he was able to do it. He followed the path from pre-battle Minas Tirith up through Old Anoria and the Beacon Hills and then followed the quests back down into the Pelannor Fields, but after that I don't recall what happened with him (FAR too long ago for my memory!)

    BUT, I decided to go ahead and barter for the Minas Tirith Post Battle passage ability from the fellow standing in front of the Key House on Level 1 in Minas Tirith, and that gave me access to all the Post Battle stables, and a host of quests I had missed with my Champion.

    So, all is good. I will bring my Champion back to do the same so that he may also be back on the Epic Books again.


    Thank you all for your help and comments!

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Polymachos View Post
    If you travel straight through pre-battle Osgiliath to the King's Crossing and there to the north into North Ithilien, you will get phased into an after-battle North Ithilien. You can then turn around, travel through an after-battle Osgiliath, and reach the after-battle Minas Tirith.

    That is valid for all characters that did the battle. I have no idea what happens if you try to do that without fighting on the Pelennor.


    Greetings, Polymachos
    Aha!! That must be what my Champion did!! Clever fellow that he is!

    Thank you for this insight to what must have happened! I could not work this out..., sadly!

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload