We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lightbulb Adding additional 'forge/superior forge' "nodes" around the game - is it possible?

I honestly don't know how hard this would be in terms of coding/dev-hours, but I would really, *REALLY* like to see some of the cosmetic forge areas around the game enabled for actual use. We already have working ones in Sarnur of all places...

Is there any chance we can get the forges in "Forges of Tham Mirdain" working (precedent for working forges in an instance - Tomb of Ringdor)?
    How about out and about in Eregion (specifically Munudh Cadlus in the Elvish ruins)?
    Or the Heart of Fire in Moria? (The three forges found that you defend in an instanced map later)

If there's a way to put a flag/node/whatever on the map the same way that Sarnur has, that'd be AWESOME.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasami View Post
    I would really, *REALLY* like to see some of the cosmetic forge areas around the game enabled for actual use.
    What you want is not new crafting stations but to have all he fake cosmetic-only crafting stations to be made functional. If they do this I would also like to see large hearths to be made into 'ovens' as well, such as in the Great Hall of the Last Homely House.

I think there are more fake workbenches that could be real ones, than fake forges. And there's a lot more spots with a real forge and no real workbench than vice versa.

But ovens definitely win the prize for the largest number of fake ones that could be real ones.

There's a cluster of workstations on the lawn of a house near mine in the housing instance. I tried out one of them and it worked. I don't know the owner, nor his/her attitude about people s/he doesn't know using them, so I didn't do any more. I hang out in Galtrev anyway, where everything a crafter could want is contained in two rooms, except for farmland, which is right down the hill.

So there are some crafting stations that players can buy and put in or near their houses; that's all I know.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

There are two components to this. First one, the clickable nature of the crafting station, is trivial - all it really does is replicate the 'T' key.

Another component is that a crafting station has an 'effect zone' around it, imparting a status effect while in that zone. Similar to any other environmental effects like those sludge pools in Udun.

Overall, I don't think slapping those effect areas around the various forges/benches etc in dungeons is too hard, but how many people actually are going to craft during an instance run? A lot of folks keep crafting sundries in the vault anyway, and usually choose to craft in a place with vault keeper, supplier and potentially guild access.

Quote Originally Posted by scorrp10 View Post
    There are two components to this. First one, the clickable nature of the crafting station, is trivial - all it really does is replicate the 'T' key.

Another component is that a crafting station has an 'effect zone' around it, imparting a status effect while in that zone. Similar to any other environmental effects like those sludge pools in Udun.

Overall, I don't think slapping those effect areas around the various forges/benches etc in dungeons is too hard, but how many people actually are going to craft during an instance run? A lot of folks keep crafting sundries in the vault anyway, and usually choose to craft in a place with vault keeper, supplier and potentially guild access.
    It's not so much that I want to craft while I'm running an instance - I was using it more to point out that there are working crafting stations in the most unlikely places (a la Sarnur and the Tomb of Ringdor).

I just think it'd be NICE if they could enable the 'effect/node' on the forges, ovens, studies, and workbenches we see around the game, such as:

The abandoned elf forge in Emyn Naer
    The Chamber of Memory (or the Chamber of Mazarbul (sp)?) with all those bookshelves (or even better, the library atop Nar's Peak)

Stuff like that.