We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Damage types.

Damage types.

Have some questions / suggestions regarding damage types.

Are we getting new updated Ancient Dwarf Damage + Crit / Dragon / et cetera...?

Also Ancient Dwarf Damage, shouldn't that also be effective against Ork-kind, Goblins, and troll kind? As all three are regularly encountered with Dwarves. Trolls and goblins are nemesis of the dwarves and occupie the same living areas.
    It would also encourage more use of other damage types other than Beleriand.

Also, Beleriand is light damage same as lightening, so shouldn't Beleriand, Light, and Lightening effect the same groups?
    I also agree that light damage should cover the widest spread of foes. Especially any dark based foe.

So adding Ancient Dwarf Damage effective against Dragon-kind, Troll-kind, cave-claws or anything living down in the dark, including Orc's and especially goblins.

Beleriand, light, lightening should effect all their conbimed group. Half-orcs, Goblins, Ork-kind, Troll-kind, Spiders and Ancient Evil.
    Ancient Dwarf Damage; Dragon-kind, Cave-claws, Goblins, Orc-kind, Troll-kind
    Westernesse damage; Orc-kind, The Dead, Unseen, and Gaunt Men.
    Fire Damage; Creatures of Nature, Darkwaters, and Troll-kind, effectively fire scares almost anything. But wouldn't scare Dragon-kind.

Effectively no damage would have been made that didn't effect the groups regularly encounted foes. And damage should be over lapping, not constricting.

Also, As Elf Dwarf or Man. Shouldn't we get a bonus for using our racial damage type? Yes yes I know there are hobbits. But lets be honest, they're mainly for eating. Aren't they?

fenir

I've posted requests asking for new Ancient Dwarf Make scrolls in several U23 beta test threads so far, and a few other people have replied saying they agree that there should be ADM scrolls in the new zone, but I haven't seen anything from a blue name (SSG) to indicate they are doing anything about it right now.

It is possible for an LI damage scroll to have multiple bonuses, the main damage type plus some other damage bonus. There's a Beleriand + orc damage scroll available in Lothlorien, and one of my toons has a Westernesse + orc damage scroll on one of their weapons (I forget exactly where I got that from), so it should not be too difficult to have an Ancient Dwarf Make + orc damage scroll as well.

In the grand scheme of things, SSG have more important details to deal with to get U23 ready for release right now, so I wouldn't be surprised if new ADM scrolls don't appear in the U23 launch, but there is a new raid for U23 that will come later. If SSG haven't found to time to develop any new ADM scrolls by the time the raid is launched, I'm going to be disappointed. It won't break the game if there are no new ADM scrolls, but in a zone that is populated almost exclusively by dwarves as the friendly faction, and dragon-kind and orcs are two of the main mob types, it's fairly obvious to me that Ancient Dwarf Make + orc damage scrolls should exist.

As a side note, JRRT himself said that hobbits are a branch of the race of man who have lost the records/knowledge of their early history (the original homeland of the hobbits was on the eastern side of the Misty Mountains, near the Anduin river and Mirkwood. The ancestors of the people of Rohan were a little further to the north in the same general area), but I don't remember if JRRT ever explained in detail how hobbits became distinct from other men.
    Therina - Hobbit Guard Rongo - Hobbit Warden
    Frood - Man Minstrel Garmun - Man Captain
    Zorosi - Dwarf Champ Froodaroon - Elf Hunter
    Southern Defenders - Arkenstone (formerly Elendilmir)

Quote Originally Posted by GarethB View Post
    I've posted requests asking for new Ancient Dwarf Make scrolls in several U23 beta test threads so far, and a few other people have replied saying they agree that there should be ADM scrolls in the new zone, but I haven't seen anything from a blue name (SSG) to indicate they are doing anything about it right now.

It is possible for an LI damage scroll to have multiple bonuses, the main damage type plus some other damage bonus. There's a Beleriand + orc damage scroll available in Lothlorien, and one of my toons has a Westernesse + orc damage scroll on one of their weapons (I forget exactly where I got that from), so it should not be too difficult to have an Ancient Dwarf Make + orc damage scroll as well.
    i strongly support the existance of ancient dwarf damage scrolls in all the dwarf occupied areas, especially in Iron Hills n Grey Mountains!

In the grand scheme of things, SSG have more important details to deal with to get U23 ready for release right now, so I wouldn't be surprised if new ADM scrolls don't appear in the U23 launch, but there is a new raid for U23 that will come later. If SSG haven't found to time to develop any new ADM scrolls by the time the raid is launched, I'm going to be disappointed. It won't break the game if there are no new ADM scrolls, but in a zone that is populated almost exclusively by dwarves as the friendly faction, and dragon-kind and orcs are two of the main mob types, it's fairly obvious to me that Ancient Dwarf Make + orc damage scrolls should exist.
    i ll be stronglly dissapointed if ADD scrolls wont be in Erebor, Iron Hills n Grey Mountains Barters by the lunch of U23! not a day later!

As a side note, JRRT himself said that hobbits are a branch of the race of man who have lost the records/knowledge of their early history (the original homeland of the hobbits was on the eastern side of the Misty Mountains, near the Anduin river and Mirkwood. The ancestors of the people of Rohan were a little further to the north in the same general area), but I don't remember if JRRT ever explained in detail how hobbits became distinct from other men.
    what we really know is that hobbits, or a bunch of them(maybe the fallowhides, that were the last who moved) still dwell in the Vales of Anduin after the last alliance
    on the other hand Smeagol n Deagol weree Stoors n it is said that some stoors never moved from there!
    In the war of the rings we know that there were no hobbits left in the vales of Anduin, coz the ringwrathais were looking for them n found none
    at some point the all left by unknown reasons, maybe coz of Sauron returnded to Mirkwood was searching for the one ring n the shadow he growed in the once called Greenwood
    i know that they moved to the west, cant remember if i ever read about them traveling to the south n in dunland as we have seen them in the game
    lotr enthousiast since 1996, 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar