We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    •The Flame of Ancalamír can now disenchant Mithril Essences into Malleable Mithril Essences.

I'm advised this is not working atm.

On the subject of essences, I will re-ask questions which still need answering by devs please:

• Will we be able to craft essences in u23? (either on launch or later)
    • Are universal solvents still relevant? (store item, recently on sale)
    • Will best in slot essences be gated behind ash in any way? i.e. have to get lower level essence via ash, convert to malleable and only then can craft
    • What is the logic behind not having essence crafting from day 1 of launch?
    Last edited by Knight.Arkenstone; Sep 26 2018 at 09:44 AM.
    Knight | Captain | Arkenstone | Rainbows & Unicorns

Quote Originally Posted by Belnavar View Post
    It might be unpopular, but if the new instance cluster has good drop rates for LI upgrade items, then it's not a problem, as it just encourages people to run the new content instead.

-Bel
    One issue: if you're level 120 and still need LI upgrades, you probably aren't what we would call "well equipped" for a level 120 instance. I would prefer to see things focus on getting level 100 upgrades dealt with faster at the relevant levels, say about the time you reach Mordor.
    Immigrant from the City of Paragon. We are heroes. This is what we do.

Founding member of Mornost Gwend of Gladden. "We shout a lot!"

Quote Originally Posted by Crookedmouf View Post
    FI T2C Quest now gives 5 newfound coins and 100 Embers of Enchantment. This is okay. Glad that we have another way to get Embers (even though it's painfully low), BUT a few of the instances in the listed rotation do not have the ability to be run at t2. When I completed School lvl 120 challenge, I got no newfound coins, and no Embers even though I had the quest to do challenge and did challenge.

Stat contributions are still bogus. What is the logic behind only giving 2 mastery per main stat?

BIG PROBLEM: I did more damage with a non-legendary teal bow than with my fully maxed (+125 base combat damage mod) Legendary Bow. Tooltip on the teal bow reads 1,958 DPS, and LI reads 1,349 DPS. I compared their DPS using the lvl 120 dummies in the E&G and while the difference wasn't huge, it seems to me that there's a problem when I do anywhere near the same damage with a non LI vs an LI.
    Damage with my maxed LI: https://imgur.com/VoS0y13
    Damage with Teal Bow: https://imgur.com/FbznTen

Glimmerdeep Boss 1: This guy will knock you back, reset the fight, then HE WONT REACTIVATE. Instance over. GG.

We were promised that consumables from Lootboxes would be made available in exchange for Motes. Where is this vendor? People asked for a less Pay-to-win type of game, and you go and remove any way to obtain these specific buffs (tome of D, Attack dmg scroll, etc) other than in the store. Big head scratcher there.

Are we seriously not going to be able to craft essences? Is there a reason for this?
    I think you should try to re parse on hunter, I’m seeing average hunters do 50-60k, while the best who bow switch between 3 bows (I don’t think that includes burn hot bow) are doing 80k

I have tested warden on training dummy and skill delay is gone, gambit flow is now very smooth. Thank you very much for this fix.
    Laurelin: Kinship - Outcasts
    Ilwee - Warden, Krindel - Minstrel, Krinborn - Lore-Master, Gislin - Burglar

Quote Originally Posted by Fraushgrish2 View Post
    I think you should try to re parse on hunter, I’m seeing average hunters do 50-60k, while the best who bow switch between 3 bows (I don’t think that includes burn hot bow) are doing 80k
    Comments like this are easy to write, but we actually don´t know what gear he was using. If you look at his max hit, 165k is not that high for a hunter, so maby his gear is not comparable with the gear of 60-80k dps hunters.
    That is a general problem i have encountered in Lotro, people talking about DPS but dont use the same Gear or sometimes also not the same target.
    Gertes

Quote Originally Posted by Gertes View Post
    Comments like this are easy to write, but we actually don´t know what gear he was using. If you look at his max hit, 165k is not that high for a hunter, so maby his gear is not comparable with the gear of 60-80k dps hunters.
    That is a general problem i have encountered in Lotro, people talking about DPS but dont use the same Gear or sometimes also not the same target.
    Agreed. I think this is caused by such a large variance in types of players (end game, solo, etc).

For instance, I am not an end game or group player. My legendary bows have been worthless since Mordor came out. Even while trying to run a lot of festival quests to get more legendary upgrade stuff, I don't think my legendary bow will ever become as good as the teal bow I got half-way through the normal Mordor questing. (which made Mordor a lot tougher than it needed to be). As my Rune Keeper has found his way into Mordor, I am again seeing that he is going to be perhaps even much worse off. Fewer people are now playing the Mordor areas since they have moved on and so running behind others as they kill things is just not possible anymore. My captain is just starting Mordor and I am having issues again, but its too early to see if he is worse off than my Hunter and Rune Keeper or better off. There was/is a point that both my Hunter and Rune Keeper had enough trouble that I was ready to quit. My Hunter finally got through after playing enough festival quests to level up to 115 to get some light gear that would allow him to continue. My Rune Keeper is stuck at that same point and is almost to level 115. It's the area where the two groups are against each other and you need to keep your reputation level for both. Those quests were nearly impossible even at level 115 for my Hunter and even at level 114 my Rune Keeper is much worse off. Hopefully, 115 gear will let me get past that point. If I can get some. The only good thing is that much of the gear is account-based in this area and I can hand it down to each character. But that won't do much good with "light" versus "medium" versus "heavy" characters come through.

I think Guild Crafting (before imbued items existed) helped solo players. Although some of the ingredients were gathered from group play, you could usually find something that you could craft to help get you to a point that would allow you to play with at least some what average stats. I just don't see that happening since Mordor came out, especially since Crafting weapons and clothes doesn't really exist anymore since the beginning of Gondor.

In my opinion such trash pools are NOT OK for solo version of 6-man instance:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3ZXGfX85Ko

gl burgs
    Xolla;Tishina\Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by Knight.Arkenstone View Post

I'm advised this is not working atm.

On the subject of essences, I will re-ask questions which still need answering by devs please:

• Will we be able to craft essences in u23? (either on launch or later)
    • Are universal solvents still relevant? (store item, recently on sale)
    • Will best in slot essences be gated behind ash in any way? i.e. have to get lower level essence via ash, convert to malleable and only then can craft
    • What is the logic behind not having essence crafting from day 1 of launch?
    I've been working to track this down, and it looks like this is a mis-communication between me and the team. Here's what will actually happen in U23: Essences do not disenchant. The picker box will be disenchantable, and it disenchants for 200 Embers.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by Urundus View Post
    As for what's new, and which didn't get covered in the patch notes is an increase to the CD of Eye Rake. It's now 12 seconds without the trait, and the trait reduces it by 5s.

I'm just going to reply to this change again since I didn't really have time last night to write out my own opinion about the matter that is Eye Rake.
    I really do not get this change. Why on earth was this necessary?
    If the argument that warg's (burst) damage is too high? What difference will this make?
    All I for see is players resorting to using Claws even more because other skills just aren't worth it due to long animations.
    I still see Claws as the main issue, it's just too good, and I think a distribution in damage is needed.

If the interrupts was the issue, why just not set an internal cooldown which has been suggested numerous times in the past years?

I just don't understand why this was such a high priority that it needed to happen right now.
    There's at least a few dozen skills and traits on creepside that are either:
    • Outdated due to never/barely being scaled. Most Class and Racial traits that provide raw stats and a lot of damaging skills and debuffs for example.
    • Straight up bugged. Resilience anyone?

At the same time 4 beta's long (almost one and a half months now), creep consumables (pots) have not been scaled, while being reported since day 1. (See my original post.)
    Creeps (base) stats are still a mess. On the Beta mitigations are almost non-existant. Base stats having a value of 0. (Critical Rating and Resistance from the top of my head, but probably more.)
    Armour is still straight up increasing and reducing mitigations by 1:1, which can't be WAI.
    Incoming Healing is still gone (thus being 0%), even though there are plenty of freep skills that reduce Incoming Healing by a significant amount.
    There's still a large difference between Freep's and Creep's Battlefield Promotions (Rank bonus).

And I'm not even going to touch all the freeps' skills that could be considered "OP" because that's a whole other can of worms.

And moving on from straight up balance issues to the less interesting stuff, landscape.
    There's a massive area on the map that could use some action (Old Plains).
    Freep Outposts each have 4 "guards" walking around with each 2 archers. Creep Outposts only have the 4 "guards" and no archers.
    There's a plethora of NPC's that drop absolutely nothing (most notably the Outpost NPC's with the exception of those at Hithlad Outpost for some reason).
    And while those might not sound that interesting, I bet they would've been more welcome than the Eye Rake change. (Oh, and lets not forget the performance issues the game has, just to touch on that one as well.)

So, WHY, why out all of the issues that could've been corrected was Eye Rake (which in most peoples eyes wasn't even an issue) chosen?
    Chieftain Urundus
    Cohorts of the Red Legion
    Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by Urundus View Post
    I'm just going to reply to this change again since I didn't really have time last night to write out my own opinion about the matter that is Eye Rake.
    I really do not get this change. Why on earth was this necessary?
    If the argument that warg's (burst) damage is too high? What difference will this make?
    All I for see is players resorting to using Claws even more because other skills just aren't worth it due to long animations.
    I still see Claws as the main issue, it's just too good, and I think a distribution in damage is needed.

If the interrupts was the issue, why just not set an internal cooldown which has been suggested numerous times in the past years?

I just don't understand why this was such a high priority that it needed to happen right now.
    There's at least a few dozen skills and traits on creepside that are either:
    • Outdated due to never/barely being scaled. Most Class and Racial traits that provide raw stats and a lot of damaging skills and debuffs for example.
    • Straight up bugged. Resilience anyone?

At the same time 4 beta's long (almost one and a half months now), creep consumables (pots) have not been scaled, while being reported since day 1. (See my original post.)
    Creeps (base) stats are still a mess. On the Beta mitigations are almost non-existant. Base stats having a value of 0. (Critical Rating and Resistance from the top of my head, but probably more.)
    Armour is still straight up increasing and reducing mitigations by 1:1, which can't be WAI.
    Incoming Healing is still gone (thus being 0%), even though there are plenty of freep skills that reduce Incoming Healing by a significant amount.
    There's still a large difference between Freep's and Creep's Battlefield Promotions (Rank bonus).

And I'm not even going to touch all the freeps' skills that could be considered "OP" because that's a whole other can of worms.

And moving on from straight up balance issues to the less interesting stuff, landscape.
    There's a massive area on the map that could use some action (Old Plains).
    Freep Outposts each have 4 "guards" walking around with each 2 archers. Creep Outposts only have the 4 "guards" and no archers.
    There's a plethora of NPC's that drop absolutely nothing (most notably the Outpost NPC's with the exception of those at Hithlad Outpost for some reason).
    And while those might not sound that interesting, I bet they would've been more welcome than the Eye Rake change. (Oh, and lets not forget the performance issues the game has, just to touch on that one as well.)

So, WHY, why out all of the issues that could've been corrected was Eye Rake (which in most peoples eyes wasn't even an issue) chosen?
    Don't bother, they only care for the gamble system and it's consumers.

It's been like that since day 1, b/c creeps are based off of NPC models, which get 1:1.

Doesn't make it any less dumb in the modern PVP context, seeing as a single freep can strip a creep of ALL of their Armour rating.
    The Black Appendage of Sauron

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I've been working to track this down, and it looks like this is a mis-communication between me and the team. Here's what will actually happen in U23: Essences do not disenchant. The picker box will be disenchantable, and it disenchants for 200 Embers.
    Thank you for the update Cordovan.

Will we be able to craft essences at any stage during u23 and will universal solvents (store item, recently on sale) still be relevant?
    It would not go down well with players if this item (for which many have paid real money) would become obsolete overnight.
    Knight | Captain | Arkenstone | Rainbows & Unicorns

Quote Originally Posted by Siddharta View Post
    In my opinion such trash pools are NOT OK for solo version of 6-man instance:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3ZXGfX85Ko

gl burgs
    Seriously that's your comment? In solo version of 6 man Thikil-Gundu, you could try:
    1) not intentionally aggroing the whole room plus a few extra
    2) using 5 dwarf fellowship to take much of the aggro, as intended
    3) not complaining about trash pulls that are intentionally larger than necessary
    Yes, your video proved you're a hotshot hunter. That doesn't mean that other classes can't get through the instance just fine if they use a bit of common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by NavarreBlood View Post
    Seriously that's your comment? In solo version of 6 man Thikil-Gundu, you could try:
    1) not intentionally aggroing the whole room plus a few extra
    2) using 5 dwarf fellowship to take much of the aggro, as intended
    3) not complaining about trash pulls that are intentionally larger than necessary
    Yes, your video proved you're a hotshot hunter. That doesn't mean that other classes can't get through the instance just fine if they use a bit of common sense.
    1) This is an usual trash pool, yeah maybe 1 or 2 frozen mobs can be skipped in my case
    2) Which dwarves are you talking about? I don't have any tools to summon them after entering the instance
    3) Trash Pulls which have 4-5M total hp on T1 are not balanced for solo-target\low-AoE classes in my opinion
    Xolla;Tishina\Arkenstone

Can you address the damn eye gouge nerf?????????????????????????? ?

1) This is an usual trash pool, yeah maybe 1 or 2 frozen mobs can be skipped in my case
    2) Which dwarves are you talking about? I don't have any tools to summon them after entering the instance
    3) Trash Pulls which have 4-5M total hp on T1 are not balanced for solo-target\low-AoE classes in my opinion
    2) if you ran the 1 person thikil gundu instance you should get a quest item: summoning horn in your bag - and quest should show up that you need to interact with dwarves at certain steps along the way to keep quest going. Use the horn to summon 5 dwarves. If you ran the 6 person instance you won't have any tools and you're effectively soloing a 6 man instance, which it sounds like you did. Impressive kiting with your hunter btw.

I agree with your points in terms of if you have to solo all of that trash, but you have a pretty strong fellowship of 5 dwarves to help / do most of the heavy lifting - once you get them to aggro the trash.

2) if you ran the 1 person thikil gundu instance you should get a quest item: summoning horn in your bag - and quest should show up that you need to interact with dwarves at certain steps along the way to keep quest going. Use the horn to summon 5 dwarves. If you ran the 6 person instance you won't have any tools and you're effectively soloing a 6 man instance, which it sounds like you did. Impressive kiting with your hunter btw.
    Just created a solo-version of the instance and didn't get any quest (or item in my bag), same as for the first time i ran it
    Xolla;Tishina\Arkenstone

Just created a solo-version of the instance and didn't get any quest (or item in my bag), same as for the first time i ran it
    There is a quest line that may be a prerequisite for getting the dwarves into your party - as the story goes along you help the dwarves then delve into thikil gundu with them: quest is In the Halls of Thikil-Gundu and is in Dwarf Holds: Ered Mithrin line. It is possible that the eyes and guard unlock for the instances doesn't give you the quest you need to run this instance solo with the dwarves. I think that quest line starts with King Thorin III in Erebor.

There is a quest line that may be a prerequisite for getting the dwarves into your party - as the story goes along you help the dwarves then delve into thikil gundu with them: quest is In the Halls of Thikil-Gundu and is in Dwarf Holds: Ered Mithrin line. It is possible that the eyes and guard unlock for the instances doesn't give you the quest you need to run this instance solo with the dwarves.
    This make sense, probably SSG should enable this quest for everyone for proper testing.
    Cordovan said that this is the last beta round, but it doesn't look ready for release.
    Xolla;Tishina\Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by Herwegur View Post
    Can anyone point out location(s) of Motes/Embers/Figments vendors on Bullroarer?

No idea where to look for them, wanna see what they offer and their barter rates.
    There is one in Bree at the boar fountain, one in Galtrev near the Milestone (if I remember correctly), the ones in Mordor and the Alliances' halls for motes and figments and at least one for embers and figments in the new region. Skarhald or something like that.

Is the weekly quest 1000 embers for 25 dwarf-hold tokens new? Or did I miss it the last round? I like that one. Provided there are enough ways to earn those tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Gertes View Post

As far as I'm aware, all the parses I'm talking about were done using the T2 (Ilvl375) gear
    Last edited by Fraushgrish2; Sep 26 2018 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derquin View Post
    There is one in Bree at the boar fountain, one in Galtrev near the Milestone (if I remember correctly), the ones in Mordor and the Alliances' halls for motes and figments and at least one for embers and figments in the new region. Skarhald or something like that.

Is the weekly quest 1000 embers for 25 dwarf-hold tokens new? Or did I miss it the last round? I like that one. Provided there are enough ways to earn those tokens.
    The quest that gives 1000 embers for 25 dwarf tokens was there last round but it did not have the reward attached to it , there is also the crafting quest that gives another 1000 embers for turning 7 "worthy crafting items" , each worthy item requires 15 ironfold ingots and 1 or 3 of the new teal mining shards , both of these quests are on a 4 day CD i believe

Hold up, are you saying that the only disenchantable essences will be the ones that come from the Adventurer's Loot-boxes? The ones that are yellow and identical to world drops, except that they come in picker boxes? Or are the lootbox essences going to upgrade to purple/teal essences? Otherwise, I can't see why yellow T11 essences from a lootbox should be disenchantable and not yellow T11 essences from landscape drops.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

For Skarhald, some items (hooded cloaks, cosmetic armour,...) from barters have incorrect avatars. Instead of cloaks, helms, or chestplates, they have avatars of an axe.

For Jarnfast, although the area is a mine, it will be great if the weapons of the guards should be one-handed axes or bigger hammers instead of current tiny picks.
    Wose, Huorn, and Earth Kin are playable races; when will that day come true?
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-playable-race

Quote Originally Posted by Fraushgrish2 View Post
    Can you address the damn eye gouge nerf?????????????????????????? ?
    There has been a long-standing problem with Wargs where they have too many immediate skills that can be used to spam multiple damage skills in an overly-short period of time. The old cooldown was short enough that it was being used to fire multiple Warg skills essentially at once. This has also contributed to the exceptionally vocal "macro exploit" complaints we receive from PvMP players. Ultimately, we need to make sure that immediate skills have cooldowns that are appropriately long enough to prevent misuse.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast