We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bullroarer Update 23 Preview #4: Feedback Thread

Bullroarer has been updated to build 2300.0060.5194.4275.

You can find the release notes here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-Release-Notes

Please use this thread for feedback. Tier 2 instances should be a bit harder this time around, so please let us know what you think!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by LordOfTheSquids View Post

You can find the release notes here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-Release-Notes

Please use this thread for feedback. Tier 2 instances should be a bit harder this time around, so please let us know what you think!

Thanks!
    Editing the previous release notes is kind of cheesy. Makes it difficult to see what has changed. Suggest you highlight the new / changed items in a different color.
    Thurallor, Warden of Landroval
    Author of plugins: SequenceBars, Reminders, others

They just want to hide a few unpopular Things:

"With the introduction of the new Grey Mountains instance cluster, drop frequencies of legendary item upgrade items from the Gorgoroth instance cluster have been reduced and limited to the challenge chests. Equipment and cosmetic item drop rates from all Gorgoroth instance chests remain unchanged (or in a few cases they have been increased"

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post
    Editing the previous release notes is kind of cheesy. Makes it difficult to see what has changed. Suggest you highlight the new / changed items in a different color.
    They are trying to hide the changes done to promote the p2w system.
    And it would be an embarassment if they made a new thread with so few changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Geventh View Post
    They are trying to hide the changes done to promote the p2w system.
    And it would be an embarassment if they made a new thread with so few changes.
    Yep. What's even worse, I guarantee you there are changes that will be missing and there will also be a lot of under the hood stuff we will never know about. I still have yet to see odds on Lootboxes (which we will never get) or even what exactly will be in the damn things. And who knows to what extent they have to adjust those odds on the fly. Even assigning different odds to different accounts or characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Drizzels View Post
    They just want to hide a few unpopular Things:

"With the introduction of the new Grey Mountains instance cluster, drop frequencies of legendary item upgrade items from the Gorgoroth instance cluster have been reduced and limited to the challenge chests. Equipment and cosmetic item drop rates from all Gorgoroth instance chests remain unchanged (or in a few cases they have been increased"
    It might be unpopular, but if the new instance cluster has good drop rates for LI upgrade items, then it's not a problem, as it just encourages people to run the new content instead.

-Bel
    Belnavar - Captain - 120 - Brandywine - An Unexpected Kinship

This looks like you intend for this to be the last Bullroarer build... Hope the feedback on the instances is taken seriously. We gave tons of feedback on Naerband for months and little of it was taken to heart which essentially led to most people ignoring or completing it solely for completionist sakes.Would really like a new 6 man to run which isn't horrible this time...

Quote Originally Posted by Belnavar View Post
    It might be unpopular, but if the new instance cluster has good drop rates for LI upgrade items, then it's not a problem, as it just encourages people to run the new content instead.

-Bel
    Spot on. Reducing droprates in CoS makes plenty of sense. Loot fountains sometimes get shut down..This one has been running for almost an entire level cap.

Removing keys from quest and deed rewards is not going to entice me to buy them from the Lotro Store. Just saying...

I will however, reserve further judgement till after I am able to see just how these motes of enchantment work out as a reward substitution??? I just wish you guys could have come up with another way to create income other then by taking stuff away from the players and then making it Lotro Store exclusives...

Welden
    Welden of Elendilmir

Quote Originally Posted by welden View Post
    Removing keys from quest and deed rewards is not going to entice me to buy them from the Lotro Store. Just saying...

I will however, reserve further judgement till after I am able to see just how these motes of enchantment work out as a reward substitution??? I just wish you guys could have come up with another way to create income other then by taking stuff away from the players and then making it Lotro Store exclusives...

Welden
    Those are still there if my train of though is correct since the 3 year 3 bound keys are turning into black keys then it stands to reason that all those deeds would give black keys

Sigh . . . Build 3 was Mac Friendly -- Build 4 is Not.

I was able to run Build 3 using the Mac Client, however, Build four once again announces "you do not have the current version of the Client."
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden
    Sr. Editor LOTRO-Wiki.com

Val - Man Minstrel (108)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (71)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (120)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (107)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (71)
    Valanne - Beorning (105)
    Ninth - Man Warden (66)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

welp...haven't actually tested any mechanics of the instances, but their dmg has been increase by 100%, I think its ok now for T2, T3 should hit a lot harder tho. And to be fair i did only have 20% basic common mitigation

Interested in seeing what the new Hobbits look like.
    Otik - Guardian
    Anor
    BraxKedren - Twitter

The embers cap is too low for the prices you're asking for gear 3500 for 1 piece is too much when ash cap is 10,000

Just going to quote myself from Beta 3 and 2 again. Since this still hasn't changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Urundus View Post
    Some general creepside feedback.

None of the consumables have scaled to 120 yet.
    Most notably the Wound/Fear/Disease/Poison pots. Leaving creeps unable to remove any of those conditions. Also the fear pot's been stuck at level 100 for quite a while now...

As far as ''balance'' goes. Can't say much yet, haven't fought many other players so far.
    What did strike me after looking at the base stats. Base mitigations seem to be really really low. We're talking about 3-8% base mitigations low.
    Quick and dirty fix would probably be increasing base armour values or base mitigation values.
    Another solution could be merging tactical and physical mitigation corruptions into one, leaving some more room for build diversity.

Also some traits and skills haven't aged very well with the level cap increase to 120. (This was already the case at 115 though.)
    Right now Quick Strikes on Reaver is adding a whopping 211 finesse (or <0,1%). Same goes for Deadly Aim on Blackarrow. On live this is currently 569, which is still fairly negligible.
    Reaver's Glory in Victory skill still ''gives you a burst of healing'' for 2-3k morale every 4 seconds for 20 seconds. Compared to our 300k-450k morale pool....
    There's many more but those will be for another time, I'm trying to keep this short. Those just stood out to me as I mainly play Reaver.
    Regarding potions: With the massive gap between creeps' and freeps' ability to remove conditions it might be time to revise the way potions work.
    Currently when using any of the 4 potions, all four go on cooldown for 30s. I'd like to see each potion having it's own individual cooldown, and maybe a slightly reduced cooldown as well.

Regarding Lootboxes: While I don't exactly care about much lootboxes on creepside, (I haven't opened one in at least over a year now), I noticed that the Gorgoroth boxes now have a level cap of 115. We have never been able to open them to start with, but had the ability to trade them in for Anorien ones and open them with a Sturdy Steel Key bought from the store (since keys don't drop any more). Now as of this Beta, the ability to trade Gorgoroth boxes in for Anorien ones got removed. Thus, Gorgeroth boxes are even more useless now than they already were.
    While I doubt this is going to have a huge priority I still wanted to bring it up. I still see creepside as an untapped source of potential income. Right now if you open a box and you get lucky you're going to get a Sigil. If you're unlucky, you'll end up with something like 50 commendations and a stack of useless potions. It's just not worth it. I'd rather see them reward a good stack of top-tier commendation potions and food, sigils, and a large array of new appearances and weapons since there are so many available in the game anyway. This way they won't be p2w, else I'd rather see them removed entirely.
    As for what's new, and which didn't get covered in the patch notes is an increase to the CD of Eye Rake. It's now 12 seconds without the trait, and the trait reduces it by 5s.

Chieftain Urundus
    Cohorts of the Red Legion
    Arkenstone

The Flame of Ancalamír can now disenchant Mithril Essences into Malleable Mithril Essences.
    That's not happening, neither on essences from the embers boxes nor the ones from Moose.

• Gear (t1-t2 offered by Moose)

Am I the only one confused as to why mix purples & teal in the same tier? [Edit: someone suggested to me that this is related to the new loot system, so I guess that's the logic]. And the item levels have no homogeneity. Under t2 you see ilvl 370 and 376, 2 rings offer an essence slot, 2 don't but all of them show same ilvl, etc. Pic for reference.

1. There's still a 300 cap to the currency for Marks of the Longbeards and the prices for rep gear haven't changed. I don't know if I'm alone in this, but cap's too low considering what we've earned in past areas by the time we're done. Heck, I don't get why put a cap at all. It's just landscape stuff.
    2. Also, just an opinion, 3.5k embers for gear that's quickly replaced by instance stuff won't catch on with many ppl. Groupers/raiders won't care for it, I'm still not sure soloers will get that amount of embers easily.
    Last edited by Laurelinarien; Sep 25 2018 at 07:00 PM.
    Main: Laurelinarien (LM) Council of the Elder Lords
    Other lvl caps: Feantura (RK), Laergwend (Mini), Taurtaren (HNT), Morwinne (CPT), Furcifer (Beorn), Seregeth (WDN), Dagnirion (Champ) & Kitiarya (Burg).
    Lowbies: Brynhilt (GRD) & Daerris [High-Elf CPT]

Quote Originally Posted by LordOfTheSquids View Post

Thanks!
    thanks for editing patch notes to hide what was actually changed

also nice try, you changed cooldown on a class skill and conveniently forgot to mention in notes

this game's developers getting sneakier and sneakier every update, glad i dont spend money anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Aganor2002 View Post
    thanks for editing patch notes to hide what was actually changed

also nice try, you changed cooldown on a class skill and conveniently forgot to mention in notes

this game's developers getting sneakier and sneakier every update, glad i dont spend money anymore

Garbage change that needs to be reverted immediately, If you wish to change the fact that wargs can interrupt every 3 seconds (which something only garbage freeps complain about) you can give it an internal cd like wardens have instead of this bs

And also someone owes me money
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraushgrish2 View Post
    I'll take that bet with anyone dumb enough to bet against it, I bet wargs get nerfed literally in 23.0.1

As for what's new, and which didn't get covered in the patch notes is an increase to the CD of Eye Rake. It's now 12 seconds without the trait, and the trait reduces it by 5s.

Funny how Freeps are allowed to be op in Moors and Creeps gets specific Nerfs. Dont understand me wrong, i like this change, but be consistent, when you nerf one Op Thing on Creeps, you should also take a look at what needed to be nerfed on freeps side, for a balanced pvmp.
    Pls write things like this in the patchnotes, its not the first time something gets "stealth nerfed"

And i still dont see any stat adjustments for Might, can you pls take a look at this? Agy classes still get to many essences worth of critt, basically for free and might gets?
    Gertes

Quote Originally Posted by Laurelinarien View Post
    That's not happening, neither on essences from the embers boxes nor the ones from Moose.

• Gear (t1-t2 offered by Moose)

Am I the only one confused as to why mix purples & teal in the same tier? And the item levels have no homogeneity. Under t2 you see ilvl 370 and 376, 2 rings offer an essence slot, 2 don't but all of them show same ilvl, etc. Pic for reference.

To be edited later
    and I see far too much Fate on this gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Gertes View Post
    Funny how Freeps are allowed to be op in Moors and Creeps gets specific Nerfs. Dont understand me wrong, i like this change, but be consistent, when you nerf one Op Thing on Creeps, you should also take a look at what needed to be nerfed on freeps side, for a balanced pvmp.
    Pls write things like this in the patchnotes, its not the first time something gets "stealth nerfed"
    explain yourself as to why you think this is a good nerf?

Something I notice which was also not mentioned in the build 3 to build 4 patch notes is that t12 purple essences got nerfed by 3.5% to 4% depending on which essence you look at.

Why?

There is no point to capping motes/embers. Motes purchase non-endgame gear, so who cares how many you have. And when the cap changes, embers will be converted into motes, so if I want to grind out a billion embers now, it won't give me a head start on gearing up in the next cap.

Hm, are there no recipes for bow, crossbow and weapons for the woodworker at the dwarf holds' barterer, just instruments? Or am I missing something?

I'd like to see a change like "All immediate skills now dont deal any damage and have 1s animation/delay that cant be skipped with fast skills".
    Immediate skills should be panics and interrupts, not part of dps rotations.
    That would be nice.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Quote Originally Posted by Giseldah View Post
    and I see far too much Fate on this gear.
    And there's a fair share of evade in light gear too. Finesse? Again, a no-show.
    Main: Laurelinarien (LM) Council of the Elder Lords
    Other lvl caps: Feantura (RK), Laergwend (Mini), Taurtaren (HNT), Morwinne (CPT), Furcifer (Beorn), Seregeth (WDN), Dagnirion (Champ) & Kitiarya (Burg).
    Lowbies: Brynhilt (GRD) & Daerris [High-Elf CPT]

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast