We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Can't log into a toon: "There was an error"

Was just riding around landscape, collecting task items, and the toon was logged out. Tried to log back in and get big orange letters saying "There was an error..." Wonderfully specific.

Killed client, restarted, couldn't log in. Logged into another toon and that succeeded.

Why would one toon only crash and how do you fix it?

Sometimes, for reasons I don't know, characters get into some kind of limbo state after a crash. I had one I couldn't log in to for a week once (didn't bother me too much as I had others to play).

Fixes I've seen are 1) wait and just keep trying until it fixes itself 2) log in on another character on the same account and server and put in a ticket in-game and see if a GM can fix it.

I've posted here and put in a ticket on SSG's site. I'll wait to try the toon again tomorrow and follow your in-game ticket suggestion if it's still not working.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by groucho42 View Post
    I've posted here and put in a ticket on SSG's site. I'll wait to try the toon again tomorrow and follow your in-game ticket suggestion if it's still not working.

Thanks
    Update: Received an email from SSG about the ticket I submitted on their site. The response included "I was able to refresh data for that character". I was then able to log in.

Forget in-game, I'd suggest that method for others with the same problem.