We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

So Let Me Get This Straight.....

So tell me ### is actually going on here. Is this right? To get max gear this is what a player will need to do?

1. First get to max level by questing in top areas
    2. Use that rep bullcrap currency to get the best rep vendor gear that they can get or use gear from loot boxes
    3. Then do instances for better instance gear.
    4. Then, once I have instance gear I start doing T1 raids and I slowly get up raid gear that is better than instance gear
    5. Then, eventually once I get enough raid gear to survive T2 raids then I can begin to get rare raid gear drops.

Basically, ### I would like a developer or someone in the know to tell me is how the hell I am supposed to go from crafted 115 gear to 120 top level because I am sick and tired of this convoluted always changing total bullcrap. I am about completely done with this company and I haven't played in like 7 months already and now they are apparently going to change it all again?

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCappy View Post
    [....] and now they are apparently going to change it all again?
    Welcome to the world of MMOs where things always change, and where the endgame is always a grind, and where every rise in level cap means everyone has to start practically from scratch again.

Getting top gear always requires a grind and a lot of work - or in a few games a lot of money.

The good news is that you never actually need the very best gear. You earn it by doing the hardest content, which means you can only get the gear once you have proven you don't need it.

Quote Originally Posted by ertr View Post
    , which means you can only get the gear once you have proven you don't need it.

Oh LOL, a bit like a bank loan then.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ertr View Post
    ...you can only get the gear once you have proven you don't need it.
    lol you nailed it

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCappy View Post
    So tell me ### is actually going on here. Is this right? To get max gear this is what a player will need to do?

1. First get to max level by questing in top areas
    2. Use that rep bullcrap currency to get the best rep vendor gear that they can get or use gear from loot boxes
    3. Then do instances for better instance gear.
    4. Then, once I have instance gear I start doing T1 raids and I slowly get up raid gear that is better than instance gear
    5. Then, eventually once I get enough raid gear to survive T2 raids then I can begin to get rare raid gear drops.

Basically, ### I would like a developer or someone in the know to tell me is how the hell I am supposed to go from crafted 115 gear to 120 top level because I am sick and tired of this convoluted always changing total bullcrap. I am about completely done with this company and I haven't played in like 7 months already and now they are apparently going to change it all again?
    You think LOTRO has grind, go play EQ.

No, you can do instances in Quest Gear, but most just develop their crafting skills and craft alts and make armour and jewelry that is able to be used in T1 content as can Green quest gear. But there are those elitists that want a player to be equipped in a certain way and will only accept those so equipped.
    Ujest - 115 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 95 Warden, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 61 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf_TheOld View Post
    You think LOTRO has grind, go play EQ.

No, you can do instances in Quest Gear, but most just develop their crafting skills and craft alts and make armour and jewelry that is able to be used in T1 content as can Green quest gear. But there are those elitists that want a player to be equipped in a certain way and will only accept those so equipped.
    If only crafting was an option this past year....
    Holding on by the last hair on the dwarfs beard.