We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Is it true that LOTRO is developing a new class?

Hi,

From the recent Cord of the Rings, there was a piece of info about a new class, which has been developed. If the info is true, what may the new class is?

I know that many players just want SSG focus on fixing broken stuff and developing new end game contents so if you don't like this topic, please ignore it.

Thank you.
    Wose, Huorn, and Earth Kin are playable races; when will that day come true?
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-playable-race

When asked if there would be a new class Cordovan answered "Yes" and said that he had heard "Some Rumblings..." - so, seems that discussions may have taken place, but as for what and how far into development they are, he didn't say.

Cheers
    “It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end… because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing… this shadow. Even darkness must pass.”

Quote Originally Posted by Fealhach View Post
    When asked if there would be a new class Cordovan answered "Yes" and said that he had heard "Some Rumblings..." - so, seems that discussions may have taken place, but as for what and how far into development they are, he didn't say.

Cheers
    I just hope they do a much better job with this one then with the beorning.

They are going to introduce Giants, however the prototype has got its head stuck trying to get into Bingo Boffins house to retrieve his stuff.

I'm wondering what this new class may be...

There's been a fair bit of support for a Dunedain class floating around recently, but not sure how I feel about that one - I guess the class would be named 'Ranger' in order to open it up to other races (men, elves, high elves), and I can imagine it occupying the middle ground somewhere between hunter (bow attacks), burg (stealth attacks) and captain (healing abilities) - but none of that particularly excites me. From a lore perspective, the ranger would probably end up stepping on the toes of wardens too, so I'm not really sure it is a viable class which can be seen as separate from the existing ones.

My dream (although almost 100% likely to not be fulfilled!) is that the new class is a creep class - a Black Numenorean sorcerer, a goblin sapper or a morroval could all be very cool - but I think this is probably wishful thinking!
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

My interpretation of what Cord said in his stream was that it had been talked about, likely as a "should we in future". Though nothing beyond that talk has taken place. Wouldn't expect anything in the near future.