We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Windows 10 new laptop - launcher screen tiny

Hello all,

I am reinstalling LOTRO after a long hiatus off the old computer. The new laptop has Windows 10 running, but the launcher screen is very small and will not resize. It also doesn't show all the screen content. I can see enough to enter my name/password in the upper right but I can't change servers, etc. When it was patching I could only see the bit of the "9" in the 9k files number in the green status bar. The updates and the big 'click me for the store' windows are scaled inside the small launcher and work though.

I was having issues once I did log in and the launcher would crash and not enter the game. That's resolved itself and I can use the program, but I can't change servers/etc. Would like to fix this but no idea where to start.

Quote Originally Posted by ironman9999 View Post
    Hello all,

I am reinstalling LOTRO after a long hiatus off the old computer. The new laptop has Windows 10 running, but the launcher screen is very small and will not resize. It also doesn't show all the screen content. I can see enough to enter my name/password in the upper right but I can't change servers, etc. When it was patching I could only see the bit of the "9" in the 9k files number in the green status bar. The updates and the big 'click me for the store' windows are scaled inside the small launcher and work though.

I was having issues once I did log in and the launcher would crash and not enter the game. That's resolved itself and I can use the program, but I can't change servers/etc. Would like to fix this but no idea where to start.
    Start by search for Hurins "One Guide" - use Google search as the forum search is useless.

I dont think there are any good work arounds for the tiny launcher, the complaint comes up every few months from players with quad HD/4K screens; manually changing screen rez is the only one I can think of.
    Last edited by Yarbro; Sep 12 2018 at 04:01 AM.

I also have the same problem.
    Problem is not 4k display on my laptop, but for that resolution Windows 10 automatically set all text to 250% size. That's why we can't see anything in those small boxes.
    If you set text zoom in win10 to less you will see more - and on 100% you will see everything (but very tiny) - but also all windows texts will be so tiny so that's not really an option.

Launcher (and game) should be fixed and adapted to 4k screens ASAP. More and more displays nowadays are 4k!!!