We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Yes, this is a great point. Deeds are to some, a practise that is very important.
    Also, in the case of expansions, you pay for them upfront. Companies should not be able to alter a product's content after purchase, and a customer should be able to use what s/he paid for whenever s/he sees fit. Of course, this does not apply to digital services and products anymore.

I'm not a subscriber anymore so when I want new content between updates I go to the Store and buy some pack, and one of the things I consider is what rewards I can get off a given pack via quests and deeds (LPs, scrolls, trait points, SS or BS keys). I was currently thinking of getting Central Gondor in order to obtain the 4 TPs rewarded from its quests. Why should I buy it when SSG could remove them in the future before I have a chance to run my chars through the content?

Logic dictates that I should save my money for another developer more able to keep a straight course. SSG loves to swerve.

I paid for Mordor for the fun, yes, but also in order to get the advertised number of LPs and keys if I felt to run another char through it.
    Koti || Edoram || Naemanor || Hamberadan || Margia || Belegmellon || Khimi || Thederwen || Granetia || Stanno || Calendol || Gamilaban || Uibalion of Laurelin

So if lootboxes can only be opened by keys which are to be bought in the in-game store.... why do we have lootboxes drop at all? Why not just sell lootboxes in the store, and have them open upon purchase? you can get rid of the black-steel keys altogether, PLUS you can convert any existing keys into store-lootboxes equivalent to the current level-cap.
    Grishbos ~old rusty Warg~

Quote Originally Posted by Fendir View Post
    So if lootboxes can only be opened by keys which are to be bought in the in-game store.... why do we have lootboxes drop at all? Why not just sell lootboxes in the store, and have them open upon purchase? you can get rid of the black-steel keys altogether, PLUS you can convert any existing keys into store-lootboxes equivalent to the current level-cap.
    Because then people would just ignore the lootboxes/keys. Getting lootboxes in your inventory for free is a constant temptation to buy keys from the store.
    Thurallor, Warden of Landroval
    Author of plugins: SequenceBars, Reminders, others

Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post
    Because then people would just ignore the lootboxes/keys. Getting lootboxes in your inventory for free is a constant temptation to buy keys from the store.
    Sadly, I'm all too aware of that, but I was wearing my rose-tinted glasses for a second...
    Grishbos ~old rusty Warg~

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9