We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Offer more in the Auctions for your Server :)

Everybody has their server, their main place to play.
    I suggest folks who do not normally post auctions...to post more auctions!

If you can craft armour, post it. No matter the level, you would be surprised at what folks want. Drag-and-drop items into the Auction search and see what gives.
    The more stuff offered, the better the choices. Low level, mid level, high level - it all adds to the choices.

You might not get what you wanted at first, but will see patterns and going 48 hours over a shorter time gives more chances for buyers.

Ok, bye. And thanks for adding to the "game within the game"

I say this because some folks will offer stuff for hundreds of Gold because nobody else is willing to counter offer. No, not market driven...but actively posting driven. Post slightly less, see what happens. Post ALOT less and see what happens. The item wasn't worth more than 10 silver...but posted for crazy gold prices...because of end game grind. That should not dictate the general price strategy of stuff. The more the better!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidster View Post
    I say this because some folks will offer stuff for hundreds of Gold because nobody else is willing to counter offer. No, not market driven...but actively posting driven. Post slightly less, see what happens. Post ALOT less and see what happens. The item wasn't worth more than 10 silver...but posted for crazy gold prices...because of end game grind. That should not dictate the general price strategy of stuff. The more the better!
    You make the comment 'nobody else is willing to counter offer' -- That is because there is no mechanism in the auction for counter-offering, only raising the price.
    The Auction House system in all games is oriented to one thing only -- increasing the price paid over the offer price.

There is no way to act like the Dunland Auction, where a low bit can be offered.
    If an item is posted for 100 gold, you can only offer more than 100 gold, not less.

There is no mechanism for the seller to accept that low bid or remove the item from the auction.

And sadly, there are those who will buy the cheap stuff and immediately post it back on the AH for rediculous amounts of gold.

The pricing on the AH is driven because folks are willing to pay rediculous amounts for stuff.

The best solution --- join a Kin and post in Kin only auctions!
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden
    Sr. Editor LOTRO-Wiki.com

Val - Man Minstrel (108)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (71)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (120)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (107)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (71)
    Valanne - Beorning (105)
    Ninth - Man Warden (66)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

Mats sell for more

Most of the time lower level crafted items sell for less than the mats that are used to craft them will sell for. Even the critted items. Easier and more profitable to just sell Mats and let people craft their own stuff.

The other issue with our auction system is the pathetically short period we can place items for. Two days? I thought it was ridiculous when I made the jump from FFXI to CoH, and it was only one week!

Speaking of which, I do miss the old FFXI auction system. You didn't actually get to see the posting price of items, just what was available in a category (lvl 75 swords, for example), how many, and the history of the last 10 sales for the specific item. Yes, desperate whales could dirve up the market by overbidding, but most players were canny enough to put in some starter bids to size up the current status quo. Plus the 15 day posting period was nice.
    Immigrant from the City of Paragon. We are heroes. This is what we do.

Founding member of Mornost Gwend of Gladden. "We shout a lot!"

If you can craft armour, post it. No matter the level, you would be surprised at what folks want. Drag-and-drop items into the Auction search and see what gives.
    The more stuff offered, the better the choices. Low level, mid level, high level - it all adds to the choices.

You might not get what you wanted at first, but will see patterns and going 48 hours over a shorter time gives more chances for buyers.

Cheers

I agree. There is a real lack of useful stuff on there. I keep trying to post things, but sadly the only stuff that sells seems to be sturdy steel keys. Even mats don't sell reliably (except maybe metals).

However, in the spirit of your request, I have just posted a full set of hand-crafted Malledhrim level 65 heavy armour (all critical result) plus the very pretty Malledhrim light shield on the Laurelin AH. Not your standard junk, so you would think it would be desirable. I guess we'll see...
    “...and he lived happily ever after, to the end of his days”

Quote Originally Posted by TheArtilleryman View Post

However, in the spirit of your request, I have just posted a full set of hand-crafted Malledhrim level 65 heavy armour (all critical result) plus the very pretty Malledhrim light shield on the Laurelin AH. Not your standard junk, so you would think it would be desirable. I guess we'll see...
    And... sold! The system works!
    “...and he lived happily ever after, to the end of his days”

I have had lots of stuff I would have loved to auction off. But all of it was or is bound to me, so I can't. I always end up just destroying it.

Cheers
    One thing SSG could change to help, but never will, is something I saw in another fantasy MMO that shall not be named.

When they created an API for plug-ins, they made their auction house data available. That mean people built AH applications that showed not just bid ranges but actual purchase ranges, eliminating nonsense of expensive posts and not having a clue if that's a realistic price. Their AH was far busier than the one on my server here, with things at all levels, because players had information to make intelligent decisions.