We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Ore Deposit

Ore Deposit

It probably got brought up before, but I don't seem to be able to find any post on this subject. But I was wondering if SSG ever considered changing the amount of ore we get from the deposit, especially in the lower level region. This takes forever (always been) and it's an easy change that would probably bring the interest back into crafting. My proposition would be to increase the amount of ore from 1-3 per deposit to 4-6; for the Rich ones, I would get it to 8-10 ore per deposit. This would cut the time on the gathering. Pretty sure this wouldn't be too complicated to change !
    Last edited by Arzac55; Sep 14 2018 at 03:34 PM.
    Bennyboy 115 Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Arzac55 View Post
    It probably got brought up before, but I don't seem to be able to find any post on this subject. But I was wondering if SSG ever considered changing the amount of ore we get from the deposit, especially in the lower level region. This takes forever (always been) and it's an easy change that would probably bring the interest back into crafting. My proposition would be to increase the amount of ore from 1-3 per deposit to 4-6; for the bountiful ones, I would get it to 8-10 ore per deposit. This would cut the time on the gathering. Pretty sure this wouldn't be too complicated to change !
    While this would make it quicker I think the real problem with crafting is loss of support for it after lvl 100-105. Also don't forget about the processing option in your crafting UI which greatly extends the XP effectiveness of the ore you do harvest.

I personally think that current amounts are fine. Especially lower level stuff where you don't need a lot of xp to master.

Example:
    Prospecting: 2 chunks copper ore make one copper ingot, which refines to 2 bronze, total 14xp. Need 43 of these to hit 600 for apprentice mastery. Means 86 ore. Or about 40 nodes. I personally find that in lower level areas (T1-3) when tracking nodes, there almost always a blue arrow on radar, and hitting 2-3 nodes a minute is doable. Be sure to use best tools which below lvl 55 means the 150LP universal toolkit. Riding around east Breeland, it should take one about 20 min to get enough copper ore to master apprentice prospecting and then a single round of processing to master weapon or metalsmith. T3 is probably toughest as requirements are higher. Further tiers, node density goes way up, making it possible to harvest 6-7 per minute.

Another consideration: economy.
    Lower levels adventuring in those areas naturally tend to hit those nodes so for them it is less of a grind. But for a high level just running around harvesting, so they can say, level up cafting on a new alt, it can be quite boring. This causes less patient to turn to AH for materials, and gives lower levels opportunity to earn a bit extra gold by selling. Increasing the node yield would cause many of those buyers to do own harvesting, taking away one of main income sources for lower folks.

dont change anything!
    its fine as it is espacially at low lvls!
    the only problem is after lvl 70+ when we travel with the War Horse in Rohan
    there r times, coz of lag, that i cant see the deposit early enough, n i mostly pass them
    if you wanna do something with this, only lower the required xp needed to complete the crafting guild tiers
    20 years lotr enthousiast, 11 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

I find it is pretty well balanced that you can complete the content in an area and advance crafting levels at the same time

(with perhapsan exception with the dwarf prelude...it seems a little stingy)

Also there is GREAT interest in crafting already
    “Then something Tookish woke up inside him, and he wished to go and see the great mountains, and hear the pine-trees and the waterfalls, and explore the caves, and wear a sword instead of a walking-stick.”? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit