We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: preview 3 up?

preview 3 up?

i just checked my lotro server app on kinpage and it says, that BR is up. I ran through an update process and transfered chars. After that, the client said, it would be still offline.
    Can we expect it to go online today, or is the server check just bugged? I so want to see the changes live, since i was on vacation while the first two previews happened xD

Yeah, something coming

With the U23 release probably close to October, will there be any new Seasonal festival instances - either in beta preview or live for Harvestmath festival itself?
    "Leaving the game plan is a sign of panic, and panic is not in our game plan." - Chuck Noll

They need to stop saying "summer" if the release is in late September or October...
    Brethwyn Bearsbane of House Breddinga [100-Guardian]
    Hygweard of Rohan, High Protector of Bree-Land and Lord of Emyn Uial
    Children of the Sun - Gilrain

End of Summer on the calendar is sept 22nd.....summer doesnt end when school starts....
    Captain-General Ughidontknow...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"

Quote Originally Posted by idontcare789 View Post
    End of Summer on the calendar is sept 22nd.....summer doesnt end when school starts....
    You could also argue for Australian summer, so "summer" would be all year round :P My Norwegian calendar says Sept 1st is autumn, and August is the last month of summer. Oh, well. Different calendars...

Quote Originally Posted by Brethwyn_EU View Post
    They need to stop saying "summer" if the release is in late September or October...
    Why? In the USA, where SSG is located, autumn starts generally on September 23rd, which is the day most often for the sun to cross the Equator southward. Now why build 3 isn't up is another question, though possibly a consequence of the recent USA holiday weekend.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Because of what I just said in the post above you We use different calendars. Autumn here in northern europe generally starts September 1st.

Because of what I just said in the post above you We use different calendars. Autumn here in northern europe generally starts September 1st.
    Again, why should SSG, an American company, use a northern European calendar for its business operations and communications? Hmm, I wonder what the southern Europeans would have to say, too. Remember that the bulk of the land mass and population of the USA resides between 25N and 45N.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).

Quote Originally Posted by cdq1958 View Post
    Again, why should SSG, an American company, use a northern European calendar for its business operations and communications? Hmm, I wonder what the southern Europeans would have to say, too. Remember that the bulk of the land mass and population of the USA resides between 25N and 45N.
    The difference here is between meteorological seasons and astronomical seasons. Meteorological autumn, which is determined by temperature, in the northern hemisphere begins Sept 1. Astronomical autumn, which is determined by the length of day and begins at the autumnal equinox, begins Sept 22 or 23 depending on where you are (US is Sept 22, EU is Sept 23).

People in the US use astronomical seasons, at least in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardollas View Post
    The difference here is between meteorological seasons and astronomical seasons. Meteorological autumn, which is determined by temperature, in the northern hemisphere begins Sept 1. Astronomical autumn, which is determined by the length of day and begins at the autumnal equinox, begins Sept 22 or 23 depending on where you are (US is Sept 22, EU is Sept 23).

Exactly. As I noted in the fact that the bulk of the land and population live between 25N and 45N. Early September here is summer astronomically and weather-wise too.

Thanks for clearing that up. I wasn't aware of the difference. Cordovan needs to be more precise in his next statement. "Update 23 will be out before the end of the Astronomical autumn."

Thanks for clearing that up. I wasn't aware of the difference. Cordovan needs to be more precise in his next statement. "Update 23 will be out before the end of the Astronomical autumn."
    They have already stated before, in older threads asking the same, that all LOTRO seasonal events & dates are based on the astronomical calendar not the weather calendar. You surely didn't see the posts.

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    They have already stated before, in older threads asking the same, that all LOTRO seasonal events & dates are based on the astronomical calendar not the weather calendar. You surely didn't see the posts.
    ^^This.

Build 3 isnt up because...idk...Cordovan said build 3 wouldnt be up for "awhile" not till more near release.
    Captain-General Ughidontknow...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"

Actually, it is the day that the apparent noon sun crosses the Equator, heading southwards. 12 hr day/night length happens three or 4 days later, and is most often the 23rd of September in the USA and only occasionally the 22nd. This year, locally, it will be the 22nd and just a few hours before midnight. Next year it is the 23rd.

Back to the topic. It isn't up yet, though it may be up later today, or next week sometime, because it isn't ready and that is likely due to the recent holiday weekend here. It is also possible that there will not be a build 3. It is also possible that they'll have to delay launch past their end of summer (22nd) expected release date.

Takes off amateur astronomer hat.

Update: Per +Cord on the live stream at about 11:13 my local time, there may be a build 3 next week, middle of the week.
    Last edited by cdq1958; Sep 07 2018 at 12:18 PM.

would someone please bump this if BR opens this weekend?

Thx

Mortem Tyrannis

Cordovan said there wouldn't be a build this weekend, but possibly midweek.
    Thurallor, Warden of Landroval
    Author of plugins: SequenceBars, Reminders, others