We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

The storyline for a captain

Hey everyone, I have a quick question for those who have gotten far in the main story. I want to play a captain, but does the captain really fit in the main quest at all. Do you get to lead troops or are you more of a soldier. Also can champions use shields. Not heavy but normal ones or can they use it for cosmetics?

2. There are few (close to no) class related plot differences between classes. Being a captain does not result in you leading large numbers of people in battle.

The champion does not use a shield. Champs don't need no stinking shield.

Quote Originally Posted by LOTOROCHOSENONE View Post
    Hey everyone, I have a quick question for those who have gotten far in the main story. I want to play a captain, but does the captain really fit in the main quest at all. Do you get to lead troops or are you more of a soldier. Also can champions use shields. Not heavy but normal ones or can they use it for cosmetics?

The only way of leading another soldiers I am aware of is in Epic Battles as Officer. But this possibility is a possibility for every class, it isn´t only captain specific.

Well, you lead also 1 soldier in skirmishes and as captain you have a soldier as a pet. And there is possibility to summon the skirmish soldier on the landscape so you are able to lead two soldiers. (to summon skirmish soldier in landscape you need tokens which can be aqcuired from shop, so this costs lotro points.)

Accoring to the wiki champions can´t use shields. If they skill in tanking line they are able to block with twohanded weapons.
    Ich bin kein Deutscher, sorry für Grammatik.
    English isn't my native language, sorry for mistakes.

as for Capns :
    its a way of playing not actually leading troops, ..........but!
    there s always a but
    you may lead troops !
    you may lead your fellowship!
    you may lead a raid!

now about the Champ:
    Champions used to carry n use heavy shields but pitty not anymore
    they needed to find a spot for the warden so they removed the shield of the champ......
    pitty coz a well played marshial champion(blue line), was awesome in moria instances
    i even managed to tank n defeat the Blind One in Dar Narbugud!

now, since i understand that you r starting now, i trust you ll roll a captain!
    (tho champ or hunter, is the easy choise for the new players)
    Capns r always needed in fellowship n raids
    you ll have a desent dps, you can heal, you can tank, you can use shield+onehanded weapon,
    or you can use the2handed halberd n still able to block

have fun what ever you choose that is what matters in the end!
    lotr enthousiast since 1996, 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar