We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

3-man questing progression? Help!

Hello all!
    I've been playing a duo with a friend for a few years, doing solo landscape content to level. Both of us are F2P, but have all the quest packs purchased.
    Recently, another friend has decided to play the game with us, and loves it! We're excited at the prospect of being able to run some of the group content that we hadn't been able to with just two of us. So my question is: which quest packs should I encourage our third to buy that will allow us the greatest (small) group experience?
    I was thinking Angmar would be ideal, but I'm not sure which areas are good for a 3-man group. (I know there's a ton of 6-man content out there, but I don't know if those would be doable.)
    Help?
    Thanks!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000021a458/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Difficult to say. There won't be a quest pack that is full of small fellowship quests, there are always some here and there. I like the School/Library at Tham Mírdain, but those instances won't be enough to justify a whole quest pack.

You would probably best go with a mix of landscape questing wherever you like and throw skirmishes and instances in until they become too repetitive for you.

Some helpful links:
    https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Fellowship_Quests (only beginner levels)
    https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/World_Instance

I'm pretty sure the Angmar 6-mans (Carn Dum, Urugarth, Barad Gularan) are doable with 3 these days. I seem to recall some folks able to solo them on-level with difficulty. So I think Angmar is a great choice. It has plenty of landscape group content as well. Perhaps also consider Evendim for the Annuminas instances or North Downs for Fornost instances. Those ones can be turned to a lower level if you're struggling.

Angmar is completely doable with 3 level 48s (Save for maybe Barad Gularan, and The Rift).

Thanks so much! Our group is just getting ready to head into Garth Agarwen and finish up the Lone Lands! I think we've settled on Evendim > Angmar > Eregion > Moria...
    It's good to know that at least some of the 6-man content is doable with a smaller group. I probably wouldn't have even made the attempt otherwise!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000021a458/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Most 3-man world instances are quite well playable on level with quest and skirmish gear, at least on tier 1.

On of the easiest and best basic group experience might be skirmishes.
    They're fully level scalable and easy (t1) to challenging (t3).

Concerning 3-man instances liked the following 3-man instances most in roughly decreasing order (personal opinion):

The Court of Seregost (Mordor Expansion/Buy) - scalable 105 - 115
    Halls of Night (VIP/Buy) - scalable 40 - 115
    The Mirror-halls of Lumul-nar (QP Lothlorien) - non-scalable 58
    The Water Wheels: Nalâ-dûm (QP Lothlorien) - non-scalable 58
    The Ruined City (VIP/QP Eastern Gondor) - scalable 50 - 115
    The Quays of the Harlond (VIP/QP Far Anorien) - scalable 75 - 115
    Iorbar's Peak (Erebor Expansion/Buy) - scalable 20 - 115
    Seat of The Great Golbin (Erebor Expansion/Buy) - scalable 20 - 115
    Stoneheight (VIP/QP Enedwaith) - scalable 65 - 115
    Northcotton Farm (VIP/QP Enedwaith) - scalable 65 - 115
    Fangorn's Edge (Isengard Expansion) - non-scalable 75
    Inn of the Forsaken (VIP/Buy) - scalable 40 - 115
    Pits of Isengard (Isengard Expansion) - non-scalable 75
    Sword-hall of Dol Guldur (QP Mirkwood) - scalable 65 - 115
    Sunken Labyrinth (VIP/QP Eastern Gondor) - scalable 50 - 115
    Warg-pens of Dol Guldur (QP Mirkwood) - scalable 65 - 115
    Blood of the Black Serpent (VIP/QP Far Anorien) - scalable 75 - 115
    Webs of the Scuttledells (Erebor Expansion/Buy) - scalable 20 - 115

In terms of grouping one nice choice would be the Erebor Expansion, because its instances are scalable beginning from lvl 20 and they offer some additional rewards and mechanics. Beyond Moria chose from the list as you like.

If you are successful at t1 you will propably get used to group playing and with some of the rewards you might feel keen enough to play tier 2 = higher difficulty and better rewards.

Some older, non-scalable 6-man instances can be played with a group of 3, e. g. Carn Dum and Urugarth (Angmar).

Kind regards
    Rhunar