We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

LOTR Hobbit Classes

We know Bilbo was thought of as a burglar and the game relates Sam to a Guardian

But what classes would Merry Pippin and Frodo be closest to?

(this has probably been asked a million times but I didn't see it)

also what class would Strider most fit with....
    “Then something Tookish woke up inside him, and he wished to go and see the great mountains, and hear the pine-trees and the waterfalls, and explore the caves, and wear a sword instead of a walking-stick.”? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Pippin I would say minstrel.
    Rest ist difficult between the classes to unnecessary.

Strider, I would say Captain. Pippin... burglar. Stealing Palantir from Gandalf and all. Merry I say also burglar - his most famous strike coming in from behind.
    Frodo....
    "Suddenly, and to his own surprise, Frodo felt a hot wrath blaze up in his heart. ‘The Shire!’ he cried, and springing beside Boromir, he stooped, and stabbed with Sting at the hideous foot."
    Sounds like a Champion to me.

Merry would have best fitted as a Champion back in the days when Champions were allowed to wield shields but those days are gone and he wouldn't really be a Champion by current standards. However looking to the lore for the 'Scouring of the Shire' then maybe a Captain would fit best. Sadly none of the classes would really fit any of the main characters from the books, but then as we are not really playing as those particular characters, but rather as other characters in the world at the same time as those characters, then we make do with whatever classes are available to us.