We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Returning Player - A Few Questions

Hi everyone. I played about 7 yrs ago, took a break, and then played again for another year. After another break, I wanted to get back into LotRO. I have a 32 RK, 17 Warden, 12 Guard.

I wanted to ask what would be the best of the 3 to play as? I'll mostly be playing solo due to RL (work, wife, kids, etc.). I've heard that Guard is very good solo - might not be the beast of dps, but is a solid option. Plus I've heard that Guard (at end game) can do very well solo.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba_Jiggles View Post
    Hi everyone. I played about 7 yrs ago, took a break, and then played again for another year. After another break, I wanted to get back into LotRO. I have a 32 RK, 17 Warden, 12 Guard.

I wanted to ask what would be the best of the 3 to play as? I'll mostly be playing solo due to RL (work, wife, kids, etc.). I've heard that Guard is very good solo - might not be the beast of dps, but is a solid option. Plus I've heard that Guard (at end game) can do very well solo.

Thoughts?
    Guard is a really good option if you're going to play solo.

Thanks!

I got a bunch of 1-7 year boxes when i logged back in recently, and didn't want to waste them. My Guard is only lvl 12, but that should be "new" enough that i won't feel completely lost starting up again.

Probably top solo class would be Warden. Very tough, strong survival skills better DPS than guards. The personal ports add a massive quality of life factor. At end game, wardens can have trouble getting groups for tough content, as guards are a preferred tank. But on general lanscape, Warden kicks you-know-what.

I prefer a guard equipped with a 2 handed weapon over warden simply because ease of use and nice (redline) AOE attacks when you need them

The Warden's keyboard tango takes my eyes off the screen to often
    “Then something Tookish woke up inside him, and he wished to go and see the great mountains, and hear the pine-trees and the waterfalls, and explore the caves, and wear a sword instead of a walking-stick.”? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Quote Originally Posted by Flagron View Post
    The Warden's keyboard tango takes my eyes off the screen to often
    Warden's a very strong solo class and the way to get around Flagron's complaint is to memorize 2 or 3 of the better attacks and do them over and over. You only have 3 keys to keep in play to build your attack and then a fourth to launch it. It's all about memorizing the sequence.

Thanks for the good ideas to bring it. I know a lot more. ????? ufabet :J