We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Should We repurpose ice damage skills?

Should we have our ice skills, a redundant damage type for us, rolled into our other lines. Like writ of lightning was. So essence of winter would do lightning damage in yellow line and be instant, do fire damage in red line and add a small dot. And become a targeted AoE heal in blue line, losing the Inc heal debuff and power% usage debuff and gaining an Inc healing buff and -power usage buff, essentially reversing it and helping out struggling rk healers.

Please add thoughts and contributions. Do you think frost should be rolled into the other lines?
    Belolth Hisses with fury as venom drips from his maw, scorching the earth, "come manling, my brood hungers!"

Broodlord of Ungoliant's Hatchlings, Devourer of souls.

We complained that ice damage was undesirably unsupported when they revamped Lore-master, and tried to make Gust of Wind relevant. It seems someone on the Dev staff likes Ice. Or has a soft spot for unpopular attack powers.
    Immigrant from the City of Paragon. We are heroes. This is what we do.

Founding member of Mornost Gwend of Gladden. "We shout a lot!"

Thumbs up

I actually recommended this ages ago. My thought was that the Chill of Winter skills (because that used to be a thing) should be rolled into the healing skills.

See here:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-RK&highlight=

Disclaimer: I haven't played LOTRO in like... years. But I'm still interested.

Edit: Holy balls, I name-checked the OP of this post in my old post from 2013. Jeez, Kaly, still playing that lighting RK?
    Last edited by PerfectApproach; Sep 12 2018 at 04:53 PM.
    While you burn at the stake, I dance with the flames. I take what you love and leave you in tears. I am relentless, unpredictable, and waiting for your last breath.

Quote Originally Posted by PerfectApproach View Post
    I actually recommended this ages ago. My thought was that the Chill of Winter skills (because that used to be a thing) should be rolled into the healing skills.

See here:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-RK&highlight=

Disclaimer: I haven't played LOTRO in like... years. But I'm still interested.

Edit: Holy balls, I name-checked the OP of this post in my old post from 2013. Jeez, Kaly, still playing that lighting RK?
    Lightning will always be my love, despite me being a min-maxing raider. new fire doesn't have the elegence of pre-trait tree fire that we used to run. but it is effective, sometimes in the past devs have taken my suggestions, like when zombiecolumbus the old rk dev rolled the prevention skills into 1 skill. so I thought as one of the oldest and wisest rk's that maybe the devs would see my suggestions and consider them. but it seems not. btw is that you malferellon? it feels like centuries man, hows it been?
    Belolth Hisses with fury as venom drips from his maw, scorching the earth, "come manling, my brood hungers!"

Broodlord of Ungoliant's Hatchlings, Devourer of souls.