We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Ceaseless argument

Ceaseless argument is a forgotten skill, there is never a good reason to use it, it used to be tied to getting up one of the buffs that tied into epic conclusion, but that has been added to traits instead, and this skill kinda got left behind, it's become redundant, it only adds 1 attunement and I think it needs something added to it to make this once bread and butter skill worthy of clicking, especially since I need to spend a trait point to get it. With beta up and revamps on the horizon, I thought maybe ssg could spare time for this lightning runekeeper and all the other yellow line keepers out there that love the art of the zap. And if possible maybe we could spare them the creative effort and come up with suggestions that would give ceaseless argument something to offer the yellow runekeeper. Everyone already knows and acknowledges that yellow line needs some love and has for years, so let's do this, ideas that would make ceaseless argument worth hitting

My idea is to add 4% cumulative damage or crit chance for each successive use. Capped at 400% and reset on using any other skill, a big flavour win

Another idea is to have it proc one of the two epic conclusion buffs at a 60% rate, making us less at the mercy of rng.

Another is to add 20% damage to the next epic conclusion damage and crit chance. Capped at 5 stacks. This could be a debuff on the mob or a buff on the runekeeper

Any other ideas would be appreciated. Let's get the ideas flowing. And I can't say how much I'd love to hear anything from ssg about plans or ideas for lightning rks any word, I just want to know they see us and think about yellow rks. Even if it's we haven't thought of anything yet but we are now watching and thinking about yellow rks and what we might do
    Last edited by loki84; Aug 20 2018 at 12:40 AM.
    Belolth Hisses with fury as venom drips from his maw, scorching the earth, "come manling, my brood hungers!"

Broodlord of Ungoliant's Hatchlings, Devourer of souls.

I do use it on my Yellow LM, but mostly as a filler Attunement builder while Writ and Spark are both on cooldown. And of course it's over on my Blue build for those days when I want to actually shoot something while staying mobile. But it is... lackluster.

I am kind of against adding yet another buff/special effect to keep track of. Simply making it hurt more, or in the post Mordor era, have the description "hard to resist", allow it to ignore some level of enemy BPE.
    Immigrant from the City of Paragon. We are heroes. This is what we do.

Founding member of Mornost Gwend of Gladden. "We shout a lot!"

Quote Originally Posted by Seschat View Post
    I do use it on my Yellow LM, but mostly as a filler Attunement builder while Writ and Spark are both on cooldown. And of course it's over on my Blue build for those days when I want to actually shoot something while staying mobile. But it is... lackluster.

I am kind of against adding yet another buff/special effect to keep track of. Simply making it hurt more, or in the post Mordor era, have the description "hard to resist", allow it to ignore some level of enemy BPE.
    Yeah, I use it too, on my lightning runie. But, since Writ is only a 1 second cooldown, and you can stack that 3 times to enhance your finishing skills, it is kind of a waste. Writ has a higher base damage (but is more likely to be resisted)...it builds more attunement and it sets up your best damage. There really is no purpose for Ceaseless Arg anymore. The skill should either be changed to provide a comparative benefit to Writ, or they should just toss it, because it is worthless despite it's ability to land a majority of the time.