We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Post Upcoming Global Balance Changes

Hey folks! Vastin here, with the next list of major balance changes that I'm currently working on for the upcoming release!

This one is kind of big, so buckle your seatbelts...

So, as some of you may remember, we revamped some of underpinnings of the way ratings and other stats are calculated in the Mordor release. This was useful for us behind the scenes, but didn't have a major effect on the player side of the game. Well, now that we have much better control over those systems, changes are arriving.

All gear now has its stats directly fed to it from the core ratings system. This means that gear statting should be a lot more consistent level over level going forwards. We'll still design all different sorts of gear and the like, but the values on it will have much more consistent effects on your resultant scores at say, level 50 vs. level 100. This scaling been extended to cover the vital stats as well, such as might, vitality, etc. At cap level you might see some minor changes as a result, but I believe you'll actually see some substantial increases to these stats on gear at medium levels.

Unfortunately a lot of our older gear isn't designed with this quite in mind - especially in the pre-50 game - so we'll have to be gradually looking at potential updates to those areas going fowards.

~~~

Item levels are now distributed more evenly from level to level. There are still some major jumps at certain break points, but for the most part the item levels now progress smoothly over each band of levels rather than having strange hiccups all over the place. This was done for mathematical reasons to make gear scaling work more consistently.

The item levels of existing gear will not change, but scaling gear dropped at various levels will obey the new ilevel patterns - the differences generally aren't very significant, and anything over level 105 is generally unchanged. Fixed level items will remain whatever level they were until we get around to updating or replacing them.

~~~

The caps on ratings such as crit no longer change from level to level. They are now consistent throughout your character's leveling experience. Some of these caps and their curves *have* changed however. I'll let you explore that new space.

Okay, that's all quality of life stuff that just makes the game feel more consistent and should help us balance the experience better throughout the game. Now for the big one though:

Physical & Tactical Mastery are being greatly reduced. From a cap of 400% to 200%!

Ok, good, I feel that I now have your attention.

Have no fear! Monster HP's in the mid/late game are coming down to compensate. If you were running around with a mastery value up at 380%+, you should find that your gameplay is quite similar - you out to be able to kill on-level enemies in the same number of hits, maybe even slightly faster.

The big change of course will be for the NON-dps builds, who will see their listed damage drop slightly, but should find that they can generally kill on-level enemies in significantly fewer hits, and will be able to contribute more meaningfully to DPS in groups.

There are a number of other changes to overall gearing and ratings to adjust for this. As a rule, it will now be a bit harder to reach cap in most ratings - the non-dps builds will probably see a slight survivability drop - though their TTK should increase more than enough to make their lives somewhat easier overall.

On the other side of that equation Mastery also has some degree of reducing returns on it now (it had almost none before), and as such the DPS builds will may find it worthwhile to sacrifice some of their mastery slots over to other stats to improve crit, finesse, or survival stats, as the loss of mastery bonus will be less substantial for doing so.

So, now let me take a minute to explain the Mastery change:

Mastery was causing a number of problems.

It created a very large disparity between the damage output of DPS builds vs non-DPS builds. Sure it's fine for the DPS to hit harder than everyone else - but not several times harder. It made it difficult to scale mob health correctly. If we made it high enough to avoid being one-shotted by the DPS, then it made leveling on landscape annoyingly slow for everyone else. This is the most important reason for the change.

~~~

It had no reducing returns and a very high cap and as such was the 'go to' stat for DPS builds, virtually to the exclusion of all else. This makes DPS gearing kind of boring.

~~~

Because mastery is applied as a bonus multiplier, it had the effect of 'watering down' most other damage bonus multipliers in the game, making them seem worthless. A 10% damage buff felt more like a 2% damage buff when applied after the massive mastery bonus. This change will render those other buffs more meaningful again. I experimented with a cap of 100%, but I felt that this ran the risk of making the difference between DPS and non-DPS builds too modest.

So anyway, that's the long and the short of it. You should basically see ALL the numbers on your character sheet change. Some of your ratings values will shift dramatically - most of your ratings %'s will probably drop slightly. If you were a non-DPS class, the game is likely to speed up considerably. The overall balance of the game shifts slightly away from survivability and a bit more towards faster kill times on both sides of the ledger. That's the goal in any case.

In other news, monster difficulty in the very early game is going up. Player skills have enjoyed a fair bit of power creep over the life of the game, and the Blackwold Brigands and Dourhand Dwarves have been complaining that their working conditions are simply untenable as a result, so they're getting a bit of love. Along the same lines, the Mordor orcs have racked up enough of a body count to keep them happy for a while, so many of the mordor mobs no longer hit quite as hard as they used to.

-Vastin

Thanks for sharing, an explanation on why you're doing something is always much appreciated. Most of this looks good, and the Mordor nerf is an additional much welcome suprise.

I wonder though what exactly you mean by: "All gear now has its stats directly fed to it from the core ratings system." I've reread that paragraph 3x times now but I still can't make sense of it. Probably because I'm not a native English speaker. Could you (or anyone else) put in practical terms what that entails? Thanks!
    The road goes ever on.

Mastery was causing a number of problems.

It created a very large disparity between the damage output of DPS builds vs non-DPS builds. Sure it's fine for the DPS to hit harder than everyone else - but not several times harder. It made it difficult to scale mob health correctly. If we made it high enough to avoid being one-shotted by the DPS, then it made leveling on landscape annoyingly slow for everyone else. This is the most important reason for the change.
    Thank you for this!
    Aethelbehrt ~ Captain of Landroval
    Haradwen ~ Warden of Landroval
    Zôraphel ~ Burglar of Landroval

I'm not sure where else to post this, but I thought posting here what I've learned of LOTRO's damage calculation formula might help give a bit more context to why I personally think these changes are a good idea (provided there were no changes made directly to the formula itself in this update), and help with any feedback on this. Keep in mind I've only figured this out for melee and ranged damage calculations so far, as I still need to do some testing on Bullroarer to understand how Tactical Damage Rating factors into it, but this is accurate as of the current build on Live.

Damage Formula (Melee/Ranged):
    Any skill which requires an equipped weapon first grabs its base weapon damage (the min-max damage range), and then applies the following modifiers to it:

• d = Base Skill Damage Modifier (unique value for each skill, directly multiplies Physical Mastery damage bonus if present)
      • Numerical value set for each skill which directly multiplies base weapon damage. If the value is equal to 1, then base weapon damage is equal to what is listed on the weapon's tooltip.
      • Also multiplies Physical Mastery, with the resulting value used in calculations involving Bonus Skill Damage Modifiers and Legacy Damage Modifiers. For the purpose of this calculation, 0% Physical Mastery is equal to 1, with every +1% equal to +0.01, and so on.
      • Example: A Base Skill Damage Multiplier of 1.2 with +100% Physical Mastery will result in (1.2 * (1 + 1.00)) = 2.4, turning a base weapon damage of 100-200 into 240-480. If Physical Mastery were instead 0%, the result would instead be (1.2 * (1 + 0.00)) = 1.2, turning a base weapon damage of 100-200 into 120-240.

• pm = Physical Mastery (also includes any direct modifiers to Melee Damage/Ranged Damage for melee/ranged skills)
      • Includes any direct modifiers to Melee Damage/Ranged Damage for melee/ranged skills.
      • Example: Using the 1.2 Base Skill Damage Modifier above, a +100% Physical Mastery with a temporary +20% buff to Melee Damage will result in (1.2 * (1 + 1.00 + 0.20)) = 2.64 for a Melee skill, while a Ranged skill with the same Base Skill Damage Modifier will instead be (1.2 * (1 + 1.00 + 0.00)) = 2.4 due to that buff only adding its bonus to Melee Damage and not Ranged Damage. Once that buff runs out, the total modifier will return from 2.64 to 2.4.

• bsd = Bonus Skill Damage Modifier (includes bonuses to specific skills and bonuses to skills of a particular type ie. Strike, and is separate from Physical Mastery)
      • Includes bonuses to specific skills, and bonuses to skills of a particular type (ie. Strike, for Champions).
      • Separate from Physical Mastery and Legacy Damage Modifier, and multiplied by the combined result of (Base Skill Damage Modifier * Physical Mastery) as detailed above. The more Physical Mastery, the stronger any bonuses of this type will become.
      • 20% is equal to 0.20, 40% is equal to 0.40, and so on.
      • Example: Using the 2.4 combined value from above, a +20% Bonus Skill Damage Modifier to that specific skill (ie. Trait Trees) will result in (2.4 * 0.20) = 0.48

• l = Legacy Damage Modifier
      • Any percentage-based damage legacies fall under this category.
      • Separate from Physical Mastery and Bonus Skill Damage Modifier, and multiplied by the combined result of (Legacy Damage Modifier * Physical Mastery) as detailed above. The more Physical Mastery, the stronger any bonuses of this type will become.
      • 20% is equal to 0.20, 40% is equal to 0.40, and so on.
      • Example: Using the 2.4 combined value from above, a +20% Legacy Damage Modifier to that specific skill (ie. Trait Trees) will result in (2.4 * 0.20) = 0.48

It should be noted that a given skill's Bonus Skill Damage Modifier and Legacy Damage Modifier are calculated separately. In regards to each other, they are additive rather than multiplicative.

Taking all the above into account (specifically, how percentages are treated mathematically here), the end result can be described using the following formula:

(d * (1 + pm)) = Modified Base Damage (mbd)
    (mbd * bsd) = Modified Skill Damage (msd)
    (mbd * l) = Modified Legacy Damage (mld)
    (mbd + msd + mld) = Total Weapon Damage Multiplier (twdm)

Therefore, if testing at 400% Physical Mastery, Base Skill Damage Modifier is equal to exactly five times its base percentage and can be determined by simply dividing the percentage listed on the skill's tooltip by 5, if there are no instances of Bonus Skill Damage Modifier or Legacy Damage Modifier being applied to that particular skill. At 200% Physical Mastery, simply divide by 3 instead of 5.

However, there is also a unique bonus damage value on a skill-by-skill basis separate from weapon damage. And for every skill I've tested so far in Red-line for Champions at level 115, it's approximately ~165.6, which is then multiplied by the Total Weapon Damage Multiplier result calculated above (for example, if a melee skill has a twdm value of 750% and a single weapon with a damage range of 776-1,293 is equipped, the damage range of that skill will always be 7,062-10,940:

750% of 776-1,293 = 5,820-9,697.5
    750% of 165.6 = 1,242
    5,820-9,697.5 + 1,242 = 7,062-10,939.5, which the tooltip will then round up to a final total of 7,062-10,940

(tested with Merciful Strike at 400% Physical Mastery with item level 355 Weighted Bludgeon of the Pathfinder's Artifice equipped (776-1,293 damage range), no off-hand weapon)

Whether this bonus damage value has changed in the latest update here on Bullroarer, I do not know. However, I do expect this value will have increased by the time we reach level 120. I strongly suspect this value functions in a manner similar to Tactical Damage Rating, but I do not yet know for sure.

Also, these calculations do not take any critical damage multipliers into account, but should make them relatively easy to calculate.

With this formula in hand (and hopefully I got all my math right), I strongly agree with capping Physical/Tactical Mastery at 200% instead of 400%, as well as adding diminishing returns. My reasons for agreeing with this are as follows:

• The maximum contribution to damage output from stats on gear is now x3 instead of x5, and likely less than x3 due to diminishing returns. This means that, mathematically, non-DPS classes really do contribute more damage in a fight compared to before, which works when combined with mobs having lower Morale pools.
    • A lower maximum multiplier to skill damage means less potential difference between different DPS classes and roles, so long as they are balanced properly. It would be good to see classes being invited to groups for reasons other than "this class does the most DPS", which is a major problem I've noticed in Abyss T2 runs in Mordor.
    • The 'watering down' issue Vastin mentioned hits any Melee/Ranged/Tactical Damage bonuses and buffs, and anything that's not a Bonus Skill Damage Modifier or Legacy Damage Modifier as noted above in the damage formula, simply due to their being additive on top of Physical/Tactical Mastery. If the cap is 200% instead of 400% along with diminishing returns, those bonuses and buffs suddenly become much stronger comparatively (a +10% damage buff on top of 200%, more realistically somewhere around 150% or 170%, is quite a bit more noticeable compared to a +10% bonus added to 400% Physical/Tactical Mastery, when combined with mobs having lower Morale pools).

I also agree with the concept of gear stats being more consistent level-by-level, in light of class balancing. If they are sorted out properly, then any DPS class with on-level gear could be expected to provide sufficient damage at that particular level due to how the above formula works. This would require a substantial amount of work however, both to balance gear/content throughout the game below level 100, and balancing Imbued Legendary Items past level 100.

All things considered, I see this as being a good step forward in regards to global balancing.
    One less Orc in the world is a good thing, and one less leader among the Orcs is a great thing.

Colour scheme for original post not a good choice. For me at least. Bit hard to read with my old eyes.

Not going to comment on high level stuff as I have pretty much quit endgame (because I find it tedious, boring and all-around not fun anymore) but I mostly welcome the changes to lower level stuff. My toons parked at 50 saw significant increases in most stats (partially helped by the standardizing of caps, the % cap was far too low @ level 50. 40% mastery, 15% crit for example). The only thing I am not quite sold on is the weakening of monsters around that same level, particularly t2 instance mobs. Stuff like t2 Osgiliath (level 50) went from being really challenging or near impossible without exceptional gear to pretty easy. It needs to be tweaked back in the other direction a bit, and certain other content could stand to be made more difficult. Things like Carn Dum, Urugarth, Rift and anything that only has a tier 1 is absolute faceroll on live with on level toons as it is, the current build on Bullroarer will undoubtedly make it even more so.
    Nanci - 115 Captain / Hirandiel - 115 Hunter / Hildimar - 115 Minstrel - "Weekend at Bill Ferny's" - Arkenstone (formerly of Windfola)
    Nimgarthiel - 75 Captain / Gliriel - 50 Minstrel / Hereniel - 25 Hunter - "Succulent Meats" - Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by Hirandiel View Post
    Not going to comment on high level stuff as I have pretty much quit endgame (because I find it tedious, boring and all-around not fun anymore) but I mostly welcome the changes to lower level stuff. My toons parked at 50 saw significant increases in most stats (partially helped by the standardizing of caps, the % cap was far too low @ level 50. 40% mastery, 15% crit for example). The only thing I am not quite sold on is the weakening of monsters around that same level, particularly t2 instance mobs. Stuff like t2 Osgiliath (level 50) went from being really challenging or near impossible without exceptional gear to pretty easy. It needs to be tweaked back in the other direction a bit, and certain other content could stand to be made more difficult. Things like Carn Dum, Urugarth, Rift and anything that only has a tier 1 is absolute faceroll on live with on level toons as it is, the current build on Bullroarer will undoubtedly make it even more so.

From what was posted up top, Early content is going to get harder, more health, more power etc. Late game (I assume Mordor, N. Mirkwood, and content for U23) will get a bit of a nerf to compensate for less mastery cap. If they stayed the same with our mastery cut in half, there would be no way we could hammer it down without getting hammered in the process. Being tough is fine, but baddies being able to reflect damage and kill us with the reduced mastery (I can see this being a problem if they stayed as they are now) would be too much to contend with no matter how dedicated the player is.

So yes they are going to reduce the high end baddies, but I doubt it will end up being such a reduction that it will feel like fish in a barrel. However, because low levels will have more to work with after U23, the baddies will get some love at that end to make it more of a challenge earlier on.

This is what I take in that respect. I like this. As far as the gear being fed through the ratings system, currently, I think that has something to do with what gear you get when you are in an instance. For example, you are on a lore-master, the instances doesn't give you agility or might gear, they give you Will and fate gear. Rated for your class. There has to be a way to determine what is given to the player. So now, once U23 goes live, instead of just instance gear being selected this way, It almost sounds like quests will give player specific rewards as well. I could be wrong, but if so I hope someone will correct me on this. Would welcome might coming off my hunter AGI gear, and I am sure beornings would welcome agi coming off their might gear. Giving them more of their main stats to work with even with the reduced mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by AprilDawn View Post
    From what was posted up top, Early content is going to get harder, more health, more power etc. Late game (I assume Mordor, N. Mirkwood, and content for U23) will get a bit of a nerf to compensate for less mastery cap. If they stayed the same with our mastery cut in half, there would be no way we could hammer it down without getting hammered in the process. Being tough is fine, but baddies being able to reflect damage and kill us with the reduced mastery (I can see this being a problem if they stayed as they are now) would be too much to contend with no matter how dedicated the player is.

So yes they are going to reduce the high end baddies, but I doubt it will end up being such a reduction that it will feel like fish in a barrel. However, because low levels will have more to work with after U23, the baddies will get some love at that end to make it more of a challenge earlier on.

This is what I take in that respect. I like this. As far as the gear being fed through the ratings system, currently, I think that has something to do with what gear you get when you are in an instance. For example, you are on a lore-master, the instances doesn't give you agility or might gear, they give you Will and fate gear. Rated for your class. There has to be a way to determine what is given to the player. So now, once U23 goes live, instead of just instance gear being selected this way, It almost sounds like quests will give player specific rewards as well. I could be wrong, but if so I hope someone will correct me on this. Would welcome might coming off my hunter AGI gear, and I am sure beornings would welcome agi coming off their might gear. Giving them more of their main stats to work with even with the reduced mastery.
    I was curious so I copied my level 50 capped toons over to BR to try it out. Osgiliath t2 is currently the hardest content available at that level (by a large margin, IMO) so I popped into RC t2 and what I found was that it was massively easier than on live. I plowed through the first trash pull of haradrim solo and after pulling in a level 50 rk friend for some dps we almost had the first boss down without a healer. I'll need to test out some other, older instances as well but I am doubting they will be anything but easier than on live.
    Nanci - 115 Captain / Hirandiel - 115 Hunter / Hildimar - 115 Minstrel - "Weekend at Bill Ferny's" - Arkenstone (formerly of Windfola)
    Nimgarthiel - 75 Captain / Gliriel - 50 Minstrel / Hereniel - 25 Hunter - "Succulent Meats" - Arkenstone

Captain feels a lot more fluid in landscape / less tedious.
    I like these changes for myself and what it means in the wider scope.

(appreciate some concerns may be present at lower levels, I only tested level 115+)
    Knight | Captain | Arkenstone | Rainbows & Unicorns

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    Colour scheme for original post not a good choice. For me at least. Bit hard to read with my old eyes.
    Agreed

I had to copy and paste the text out into an editor so i could read it properly. (not saying I'm old tho)

As to Vastin comments.... I have one at L115 and ten at L105 and because of the poor experience actually playing through Mordor, I never thought I would be playing them until a viable bypass was created. However, now there is hope.... just need to sort out LI grind and I will consider playing them all through. The thought of grinding 1000s of scrolls and she-ra knows how many crystals to get them ready is preposterous.
    Unfortunately, that is what this game has forced normal folks to become. A one character player. I want to play all my toons again and this now gives me +6 hope
    Last edited by LabadalofDorlomin; Aug 16 2018 at 03:38 AM.
    ----A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything----

Nice @Vastin

If some players at levelcap still have half the weapon DPS of others on physical ILI with lvl100, there is still a huge imbalance for landscape and between players playing for the story and those minmaxing their chars. The ILI system is in higher need of a rework than those stats. But still, the changes planned for u23 sound nice.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Hey Vastin.

While the change in physical mastery is more than welcome , you need to entirely change your approach for mid levels.
    I noticed yesterday on BR that my level 32 burglar went from 40% physical mastery ( the cap on current live for that level ) to over 130% PM.
    I suspect this is getting worse further down the road and it will significantly hurt progression kinships by making it way too easy. ( those running content on-lvl )
    So , in fact , instead of making mid level mobs easier , you need to make them harder.........

Can't we just keep the mastery change , but not remove any stat caps or rework any enemy morale from mid levels ?
    This is a lot to balance , many instances , across many levells , imo mid levels stat caps should be left unchanged and give everything a slight morale boost cause now , you actually hit harder............

Quote Originally Posted by Kazabooboo View Post
    my level 32 burglar went from 40% physical mastery ( the cap on current live for that level ) to over 130% PM
    At 32, wearing even the crafted top stuffs, end of lone-lands has not been a snooze or a breeze in the regular game on live.
    Do you no longer get debuffed at all on BR? Bleeds stuns etc.

Vehemently opposed to mob morale increases after the past few years.
    How are things vs gaunt lords?

Did they change the scaling for healing as well, or is it still capped at +70% and thus healers still only need to invest in defence?

Dear Vastin

I appreciate the work you tried to do here with the new scaling system.
    I even think it could be positive for lv115-120 and the new endgame stats at 120 but:
    All lower level caps are completely destroyed.
    Instead of making early game a bit harder you did the opposite. I tried a lv25 char, lv35,50,65,75,85,95,105. Every time my stats are way way stronger on br then on live. On every char my dps increased by average 60% compared to live. On every level you can CAP ALL STATS EASY as soon as you start gearing a little bit.
    Next to that nps health got decreased. For example: My lv 75 hunter had 8k moral and does 10k dps on live. On br he got 15k moral and does 16-20k dps while the npcs moral got reduced by 33-50%.
    There is something super super wrong!!! A lv75 captain is not supposed to have 60k! moral in tanking traits while caping all mits.2k Finesse gives me 20% at lv 75.

Suggestion: Only do the new scaling stats from lv115 and onwards. With the current changes you simply destroy the whole lotro till endgame because everything is ridicolous easy. Next to that do 100% as the new mastery cap not 200%.
    Note: Don’t underestimate some class buffs. Hunters burn hot is +70% mastery at lv120, that’s a 70% dps incrase on 100% mastery. If you really want to do all those changes you should consider changing all % buffs from all classes as well!
    Personal note: since lv75 and the release of tower of Orthanc items always had the same stats. The moment rare and amazing items like Olloch and Gweluechor will no longer have their original lv75 stats (134 agi and more) something in lotro is gonna die for me. That is just personal, but I don’t really see the reason to change a lot just for some better endgame stats at lv120 that could be acquired in other ways as well.

Sincerely Drizzels

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    At 32, wearing even the crafted top stuffs, end of lone-lands has not been a snooze or a breeze in the regular game on live.
    Do you no longer get debuffed at all on BR? Bleeds stuns etc.

Vehemently opposed to mob morale increases after the past few years.
    How are things vs gaunt lords?
    The end of Lone Lands is not easy to solo on live because it is not intended to be done solo, it is intended to be done in a group.
    Even so, that part - and all other low level areas - are much easier now on live than they used to be pre-Helm's Deep.

I don't have any feedback from BR, but I really think this change is a step in the right direction. The stat bloat from 85 cap on has screwed up a lot. As long as this is done right and issues are solved, I think it'd be a step in the right direction towards simplification of the LOTRO bloated system. Next on the list should be Legendary Items (specifically, nerfing the crud out of Imbued LIs, and making them significantly less work intensive to grind), Virtues, and hopefully an axe to the Trait Tree system.
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Arkenstone~

~Rank 13 Warg, Arkenstone~

Quote Originally Posted by Kazabooboo View Post
    Hey Vastin.

While the change in physical mastery is more than welcome , you need to entirely change your approach for mid levels
    What's the incentive? I'm in a progression kinship also and sadly we are all but forgotten in this interesting path away from the mainstream playerbase. We've also asked for the Stone of the Tortoise to be a passive effect (similar to the account-wide steed speed buff) so we can equip pocket items (like the new gold pocket from Thrang).

I guess in the end, we don't buy solvents or keys and therefore there seems little incentive at all for SSG to show us some love.

Good feedback folks!

First pass on mob vitality pools was focused more on very high and very low levels, so I'll see about getting closer to the mark in the mid-range levels with the next one.

I'm a little more concerned about how mob damage feels at various level ranges, as that's much more subjective to different classes and has more factors to consider.

I generally expect it to be somewhat harder to get high mitigation ratings at cap levels, but easier to get good mitigation ratings at lower levels than it used to be.

Alas, the low level gear uses a completely different stat schedule than the rest of the game, making the entire balance problem at low levels a whole different problem than the rest of the game. Worse, the hobbit presents and other scaling gear sources have long been giving out gear that is wildly overpowered at low levels. That's been partially addressed in the latest builds, but at the end of the day the only proper way to fix it is probably to modernize all those ancient quest and rep rewards in the 1~65 range, and then adjust the monsters up to that new bar.

Getting there.

-Vastin

thank you, and could you please fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vastin View Post

I'm a little more concerned about how mob damage feels at various level ranges, as that's much more subjective to different classes and has more factors to consider.
    Dear SSG some feedback on u23 beta:
    sending text in more than one language in a tell (not channel) triggers: That text is prohibited because of a content, size, or mixed-alphabet restriction. - this broken with u22.4 release with the chat filter changes.
    Easily reproducible by copying this and sending it to anyone: ???????, hello

Finesse scaled way down to 1k per % at lvl 115 is nice =) great way to help fix LM's
    waiting to get to 120 cap to see what the curve is like up there.

the misspelling of Michel Delving in the Shire on the new map is *JARRING* Holy moly!

New zone in deed log is called the dwarf-holds, so you should be consistent with your map/zone name and with the update name if possible?

TWO mores of enchantment exist on beta - the motes you get during beta, and the motes you transfer with from live? Shouldn't they merge?

Lootbox rate drop of traveler's box (min level 10, max level 115) is way to low compared to hero's box (min level 116)

Trait point acquisition is way to inconsistent: 7-105: every 2 levels, 106-115: every 3, then 1 at 120? really?

The lowered cap on physical and tactical mastery was desperately needed so I 100% support that change (not least for the implications it has for PvMP). More importantly, though, putting diminishing returns (DR) back on mastery was a good move, and is consistent with the DR that already applies to the other offence/defence stats. As an aside, the DR rates on those stats (i.e. finesse, critical defence, resistance, etc.) should probably be tested, checked and adjusted as need be. I would also tender two things: 1. Stat caps that vary depending on class should be reintroduced for the other base stats (might/agility/vitality/fate/will); and 2. Morale Essences should be removed (to prevent subverting the new vitality cap).

Cohorts of the Red Legion
    Vae Victis - Woe to the vanquished.
    Timidi mater non flet.

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    If you select and highlight @Vastin's text then it will change from blue to white making it easier to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Vastin View Post
    -Vastin
    already mentioned this in feedback part but now a bit more detailed:
    56 lvl burglar with mix of quest reward/lootbox/instance gear was able to solo whole instance The School of Tham Mirdain on level never dropped more than 2/5 of morale pool. when I compared loot from that instance with what I have now I noticed that equipped gear was stat-wise much better (even when a few levels below my 56 lvl) than instance loot. I suppose that with "new" gear the "temporarely" overpowerness will go away. At the same time the same burg was utterly destroyed by 2 rat+1 slug in the instance Sunken Labyrinth (with the slug doing 2k+ poison damage hits).

I hope it is possible to bring mobs (from instances that have tiers and that don't have them) together for a Monster Union Conference so they agree on defensive and offensive stats across the board and have similar working conditions

P.S. checked the School on live - still easy solo till Chief Warrior Thurgtark who has as much morale as final boss on BR (yet my burg has lower stats than on BR). looks like not really the big issue if the leveling + gearing is linear as the quest/loot gear has lower stats than the converted from live. yet the problem is still in the damage discrepance between different types of instances.
    Last edited by Dorri_Hammerfist; Aug 16 2018 at 04:57 PM. Reason: added info about live

Could you please make some detailed tables with information available like I did here: https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Rat...entage_formula ?

It's too much for me to make such large effort again like last time with the Mordor changes which took about a month to complete.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast