We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Advice on new class

Hello all,

Returning to game after long break and am wanting a strong landscape and dungeon running class. I won't be grouping much do to RL. It seems quite a few classes have undergone dps boosts recently and of these four which might be a good fit. Play style doesn't really matter much to me. One's i'm considering are Guardian, Warden, Champion and Hunter. Which are currently strong for what i'm wanting. Are there any other's that i may have left off? Thank you guys for your time!!

Quote Originally Posted by kalil View Post
    Hello all,

Returning to game after long break and am wanting a strong landscape and dungeon running class. I won't be grouping much do to RL. It seems quite a few classes have undergone dps boosts recently and of these four which might be a good fit. Play style doesn't really matter much to me. One's i'm considering are Guardian, Warden, Champion and Hunter. Which are currently strong for what i'm wanting. Are there any other's that i may have left off? Thank you guys for your time!!
    I have a 115 Champ, Hunter, Warden, and Guard. Champ was my 1st toon and primarily, my main. I am by no means an expert but would say that I am proficient.

My Champ, with maxed LIs, can solo CoS 105 t1 & t2 and duo Naerband 105 t1 with a Hunter. The other toons struggle a bit with CoS 105 T2 whereas Champ does it yawning. Being a melee class gets a bit tedious in landscape, so I prefer Hunter for that but Hunter is tricky in tight spaces (because I suck at kiting/moving and shooting). Warden is definitely a fun class and the gambit system isn't very difficult to grasp. But, you do have to play consistently to have good memory recall with gambits. It takes slightly longer for me to kill mobs playing Warden vs. Champ. If you're not going to group much, I don't really see the utility of going with Guard. Champ kills mobs faster which makes up for the lack of sturdiness (compared to Guard). If you do roll Champ, keep in mind that you will likely struggle in Talath Urui (unless you are overleved).

Having said all of that, if you have the time and the means, try each class. I recently rolled a Cappy and was very surprised at how much I liked the class. I really didn't think that I would. I also recently rolled an LM and liked it much less than I thought I would. In short, try to play the classes if you can.

Guardian and Warden both solid sturdy soloist, and with a 2 handed weapon a guard does decent dps AND aoe and yet doesn't shed hp like a champion

Hunter recently got nerfed, its still a credible class but not what you might remember
    “Then something Tookish woke up inside him, and he wished to go and see the great mountains, and hear the pine-trees and the waterfalls, and explore the caves, and wear a sword instead of a walking-stick.”? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit