We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Does anyone even RP anymore?!

Was a massive RP fan a few years ago (about 3/4 years) come back to the game (on the Laurelin RP server) and it's just dead..

Anybody have any servers that are RP heavy? Or just any decent amount of RP? English-speaking. Time zone doesn't matter. Thanks to anyone that has any suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by Burlnard View Post
    Was a massive RP fan a few years ago (about 3/4 years) come back to the game (on the Laurelin RP server) and it's just dead..

Anybody have any servers that are RP heavy? Or just any decent amount of RP? English-speaking. Time zone doesn't matter. Thanks to anyone that has any suggestions!

I very much doubt that Laurelin is "just dead", even if activity might be lower than on your last visit. You were probably just not looking in the right places.

Anyway, the English-speaking RP servers are still Laurelin and Landroval - just like it has been for the last decade or so.

It does seem that the random roleplay that used to be common is much diminished. But, for what it is worth, over at Landroval, we are about to start Club Éclair Volume II. We intend to roleplay our way through Moria, Lothlorien, and Mirkwood, beginning at Durin's Threshold at level 50 and ending with the defeat of the Lieutenant of Dol Guldor at Level . . . um . . . 60? . . . 65? We tend, where possible, to adventure through areas that are 5 levels above that of our characters.

Next week, we start the march from Gondomon to Echad Dunann.

We actually enter Moria on the week of September 8.

I say "week of" since, even though we have times when groups tend to meet, characters can log in at any time to roleplay or adventure with other members of the group as they please. If our regular meeting times do not suit you (or even if they do), there is nothing wrong with getting together with a few others and adventuring at a different time.

The advantage of having a group is that - besides having other roleplayers of the same level to adventure with - there are others at the same level one can call upon for help in group content.

Volume I just finished . . . where our characters started at Level 6 in the Shire and ended up at Level 48 defeating the Balrog in The Rift. Along the way we explored the Old Forest, Great Barrow, fought villains on Weathertop, defeated the Red Maid, battled in Nan Wathren, Dol Dinen, and Fornost City in the North Downs, retrieved a Silithar stone for Aragorn and watched the reforging, defeated Mordorith at Carn Dum, followed Amarthiel across Middle Earth and to the southern reaches of Eregion, battled the once-dead dragon at Helegrod (at Level 45), and explored The Rift.

In Volume II, we intend to have a similar string of adventures as we go through Moria, Lothlorien, and Mirkwood.

Joining us will require a character of no greater than Level 50 (to start) that has completed Volume II Book I. (We are assuming that the dwarves have already entered Moria and are calling for reinforcements.)

One can reach us by joining the user channel we set up for the group . . . /joinchannel club-éclair . . . on the Landroval server.

More information is available here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-II-Into-Moria
    Meadowlarke Sweetweed on Landroval. Also nephews and Bounders Ayrhawk, Wrennsong, and Little Meadowlark Sweetweed
    Club Eclair roleplaying group working our way through Volume II - we will be spending 2019 working our way through the Moria Instances (Alphred Troute, Hedgerow Shrewburrow). https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-II-Into-Moria

More of it is in private places and less in public than it used to be. You may have to prowl Laurelin Archives and the Laurelin RP Group discord to find in-roads to get in with one of those groups.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterGreen View Post
    More of it is in private places and less in public than it used to be. You may have to prowl Laurelin Archives and the Laurelin RP Group discord to find in-roads to get in with one of those groups.
    Where can I find the link to the Discord man? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiempko View Post
    It does seem that the random roleplay that used to be common is much diminished. But, for what it is worth, over at Landroval, we are about to start Club Éclair Volume II. We intend to roleplay our way through Moria, Lothlorien, and Mirkwood, beginning at Durin's Threshold at level 50 and ending with the defeat of the Lieutenant of Dol Guldor at Level . . . um . . . 60? . . . 65? We tend, where possible, to adventure through areas that are 5 levels above that of our characters.

Next week, we start the march from Gondomon to Echad Dunann.

We actually enter Moria on the week of September 8.

I say "week of" since, even though we have times when groups tend to meet, characters can log in at any time to roleplay or adventure with other members of the group as they please. If our regular meeting times do not suit you (or even if they do), there is nothing wrong with getting together with a few others and adventuring at a different time.

The advantage of having a group is that - besides having other roleplayers of the same level to adventure with - there are others at the same level one can call upon for help in group content.

Volume I just finished . . . where our characters started at Level 6 in the Shire and ended up at Level 48 defeating the Balrog in The Rift. Along the way we explored the Old Forest, Great Barrow, fought villains on Weathertop, defeated the Red Maid, battled in Nan Wathren, Dol Dinen, and Fornost City in the North Downs, retrieved a Silithar stone for Aragorn and watched the reforging, defeated Mordorith at Carn Dum, followed Amarthiel across Middle Earth and to the southern reaches of Eregion, battled the once-dead dragon at Helegrod (at Level 45), and explored The Rift.

In Volume II, we intend to have a similar string of adventures as we go through Moria, Lothlorien, and Mirkwood.

Joining us will require a character of no greater than Level 50 (to start) that has completed Volume II Book I. (We are assuming that the dwarves have already entered Moria and are calling for reinforcements.)

One can reach us by joining the user channel we set up for the group . . . /joinchannel club-éclair . . . on the Landroval server.

More information is available here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-II-Into-Moria
    Thanks man but never played the game past like level 35 aha, always role-played more but thanks anyway! If you know of any other kinships in Landroval that are doing RP please let me know!

Thanks man but never played the game past like level 35 aha, always role-played more but thanks anyway! If you know of any other kinships in Landroval that are doing RP please let me know!
    There is a sister-group to Club Éclair called "Club Éclair Second Servings" - currently Level 41 and just starting through Angmar.

There is also the option of creating a group of your choosing and according to your tastes. That's how I created Club Éclair. Pretty much said, "I'd like to go through Lord of the Rings content on-level (actually, a little below level, to make it challenging) and in-character. Anybody want to come with me?"

I got a little over a dozen.
    Meadowlarke Sweetweed on Landroval. Also nephews and Bounders Ayrhawk, Wrennsong, and Little Meadowlark Sweetweed
    Club Eclair roleplaying group working our way through Volume II - we will be spending 2019 working our way through the Moria Instances (Alphred Troute, Hedgerow Shrewburrow). https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-II-Into-Moria

Lots going on. In too many locations to keep track of. My kinship's RP is all over Rohan, touhing base in Bree from timew to time. Come to the Hall of Fire in Rivendell on Weds. at like 4pm eastern or so adn most days there will be a lot of elves hanging out, elfin it up. I lost track of where the dwarves are focused lately. I get rando RP all the time throughout Middle Earth.
    I think maybe th gamw world has got so huge that it's hard to just go to the Prancing Pony and find your affinity group.

Where can I find the link to the Discord man? Thanks!
    https://discord.me/laurelinrp

Yes, absolutely, people RP plenty! Anyone on Laurelin looking to connect with other RPers, please check out our Discord group. HunterGreen linked it above and you can also find the invite link in my signature. We'd love to meet you!

To those who say that RP has slowed down over the years - Guess how to change that? Come back and start RPing again! The only way RP will pick up is if people get in the game and... RP!
    Owner - Laurelin RP Group Discord server - https://discord.me/laurelinrp

Exclamation

Oh, yes, role-players are still very much alive! I just returned (after Real Life dealt a number on me). Perhaps it is not as much as the good ol', new days when the game first released, but Landroval is still bustling with role-players. We have not died. This I promise you. I will leave this notice here in hopes I can be of help to you or to anyone interested in joining our role-play kinship (or seeking to join an RP kinship). Happy adventuring in Middle-earth!

Overview:
    • A small but simple kinship that's sociable, friendly, kind-hearted, and mature
    • Focuses on role-playing and questing, although we do deed runs, crafting, and little PVPs as well
    • Rank 10 lifespan
    • Landroval server
    • Primarily an elven kinship, but we welcome with open arms other races

How to join Elvellyn:
    • Apply on our kinship site http://elvellyn.gamerlaunch.com/
    • Join our Discord voice channel, which can be found on our kinship website
    • Send in-game mail to Valkris or Edorenel (or both) to be invited. (Keep in mind we have lives & adulting, so please be mindful and patient)
    "Gil síla erin lû e-govaned vîn. Guren bêd enni, "Mas bedithach? Man gonoded eraid derithach, hir nin? Nae! Aníron peded: na-chaered palan-díriel, gerich veleth nín. Nidhin mened. Am man harthach? Nef aear, na-den pedem ad, navaer..."
    My writing website: Edorenel