We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: boggle

boggle

A friend who left that game for 2 years just comes back and every time I send him a tell I get the msg 'The player is offline' so to be humorous after telling him this I msg
    "guess you need put a notice in the lotro gazette that you are back" and it does not go, instead I get the msg

"That text is prohibited because of a content, size, or mixed-alphabet restriction."

I don't know. I guess it is maybe part of the anti gold spam campaign. Though what part of that tags it as gold spam I have no idea.

I just successfully sent
    "guess you need put a notice in the gazette that you are back"

Oh well. I have weapons named 'goblin's demise' on many an older toon. Now I can no longer use the name. I can use goblins death. Not sure what is wrong with demise.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandie2 View Post
    "guess you need put a notice in the lotro gazette that you are back"
    Guessing it is probably Lotro. The gold sellers would have used that with every post.

Quite amusing really, you can't quote the games name even though it is abbreviated.
    ----A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything----

We'll have to get used to saying "Middle-Earth" instead of LOTRO for messages like that.
    “All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

It sounds to me as if in-game mail, like most systems, has a default error-message that is plugged in whenever it has no other message in its inventory that's more relevant.

Not only computer systems. Whh and I were in IKEA yesterday, and one of the garage elevators was down. There was a bollard placed in front of the door, and next to it, a sign that said, "The showroom is temporarily closed." Which was the closest thing the IKEA staff had on hand to "This elevator is temporarily closed." Sometimes you make do with what you have.

Now, I don't know why you got any error message from trying to email your inactive friend. Perhaps his mail inbox is full?

Edit: said Costco when I meant IKEA. Bad fingers, no biscuit.
    Last edited by djheydt; Aug 14 2018 at 12:41 AM.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

Quote Originally Posted by Gandie2 View Post
    A friend who left that game for 2 years just comes back and every time I send him a tell I get the msg 'The player is offline' so to be humorous after telling him this I msg
    "guess you need put a notice in the lotro gazette that you are back" and it does not go, instead I get the msg

"That text is prohibited because of a content, size, or mixed-alphabet restriction."

I don't know. I guess it is maybe part of the anti gold spam campaign. Though what part of that tags it as gold spam I have no idea.

I just successfully sent
    "guess you need put a notice in the gazette that you are back"

Oh well. I have weapons named 'goblin's demise' on many an older toon. Now I can no longer use the name. I can use goblins death. Not sure what is wrong with demise.
    It's possible that someone else has his name and he has a -1 on it now?

I remember behaviors like this when that happened.
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

Anon will do this unless everyone is on a friend's list. If they are not, then you will get the 'offline' msg. But I really don't know anything anymore.
    I amar prestar aen. Han mathon ne nen. Han mathon ned cae. A han noston ned gwilith.
    Palenen - Elendilmir - The royal gem of Arnor - "May you 'Jingle Jangle' into the West."