We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Beginner Guardian

Hi guys,

Hope all is well

I need some help regarding a high elf guardian. Which class trait,crafting,armour,stats to use and anything which will help me!

Thanks

I would use take a look at Zon’s guide. Even though most of the stuff is for end game, it can still give you a list of things to focus on, ie . Which virtues to grind, which blocks to take in the trait lines. That kind of stuff. When you say beginner guardian, what level are you? A true beginner, <lvl 20 just needs to get a feel for the class. If you’re talking post Moria, then you can start working the LI’s. I would also get started grinding the BB’s for the 2 trait points. If you’re doing it solo, it takes a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Etedia View Post
    Hi guys,

Hope all is well

I need some help regarding a high elf guardian. Which class trait,crafting,armour,stats to use and anything which will help me!

Thanks
    It would be helpful if you could tell us a little more info: are you new to LOTRO or just Guardians? If you search "LOTRO guardian" you will be taken to the wiki which may help too. That said, I also have a High Elf Guardian and have enjoyed playing the character very much.

At low level you have to go out of your way to fail (unless you don't know the game at all) and any of the three trait lines will work. Red is the highest damage with the least defensive strength, kind of like playing a champion. Blue is very high defense but DPS damage since the last update is pretty good too. Red line is most effective with a 2 handed weapon and blue with a shield and 1 handed weapon. Yellow line is fun and focuses on debuffs but you may not find it as easy to use if soloing. At higher level of trait points you dip into yellow to get some of the excellent skills available there. Personally I use both a red and blue line build and swap between the two depending on situation (not sure if that option is available to non-VIP players).

If you don't use crafting alts then I would pick armourer as a crafting profession so you can craft the best heavy armour and shields until you get to lvl 100+. Many very good weapons drop from landscape or better yet loot boxes and lootboxes also may contain very good jewelry options. The two stats you need at first are might and vitality, everything else is more or less not needed. As you level you will want to add physical mastery, some critical defense is good, critical rating, incoming healing doesn't hurt, and resistance and physical mitigation. You get most of these from the armour and the crafted has the most. Later you will add tactical mitigation and finesse but that is generally beyond Moria and even Rohan before it beomes necessary.