We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Felis View Post
    I can try doing that but I don't believe that will do anything at all. Audio on my system works, the drivers are functional, this is an issue with LOTRO files, as I can't replicate this issue anywhere else, including other games. It's bit odd that only LOTRO is behaving like this.
    At this point I'll just wait for SSG's answer.

Thanks guys for your assistance, much appreciated!
    My one and only other thought is a stuck key, one that LOTRO maps for something, but the other games you are currently playing dont; one you arent using right now, but used to mash a lot in another game. My son used to regularly mash the left shift key and get it stuck when playing various shoot em ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    One thing; it is rare (I seem to remember Hurin refuses to acknowledge it happens), but sometimes if a system file is corrupted for any reason, Windows WONT overwrite it, but WILL claim to have overwritten it.

I have experienced it less than a dozen times since building my first PC back in 1996/7, and I do the upkeep and diagnostics on all the family and friends computers, currently 9 systems.

Delete the audio drivers, then delete the audio device from the hardware manager.

Power down the PC for a few seconds then reboot; the PC will detect the audio device and try to install drivers; reinstall the correct drivers from either source Hurin mentioned and then try LOTRO again.
    This has also not solved the issue.

SSG is sure taking their time to reply to the ticket.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000000ef0e/01007/signature.png]Felandir[/charsig]

This has also not solved the issue.

SSG is sure taking their time to reply to the ticket.
    Ok, I just realised you never answered the "what router chipset" suggestion, there are a LOT of ISP freebies, and premium branded routers out there running Intel Puma chipsets; and it seems it wasnt just Puma 5 that has issues, but also Puma 6 and 7; Intel have JUST owned up to the issue. https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/0...el_puma_modem/

These routers pass most data streams with no problems, but certain low bit rate data streams trip them up; LOTRO uses a low bit rate data stream.

If you have one of these chip sets in your router, it is worth trying to borrow a different router with a different chip set, to see if this is the problem.

Ok, I just realised you never answered the "what router chipset" suggestion, there are a LOT of ISP freebies, and premium branded routers out there running Intel Puma chipsets; and it seems it wasnt just Puma 5 that has issues, but also Puma 6 and 7; Intel have JUST owned up to the issue. https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/0...el_puma_modem/

These routers pass most data streams with no problems, but certain low bit rate data streams trip them up; LOTRO uses a low bit rate data stream.

If you have one of these chip sets in your router, it is worth trying to borrow a different router with a different chip set, to see if this is the problem.
    That I do not know. But I am using the same router tht was given to me by the ISP for 10 years.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000000ef0e/01007/signature.png]Felandir[/charsig]

That I do not know. But I am using the same router tht was given to me by the ISP for 10 years.
    If that is the case you need to have it replaced; protocols and standards have changed, improvements to the routers themselves, cables going brittle, micro-cracks in the wire, etc.
    Ujest - 115 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 95 Warden, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 61 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf_TheOld View Post
    If that is the case you need to have it replaced; protocols and standards have changed, improvements to the routers themselves, cables going brittle, micro-cracks in the wire, etc.
    I won't pay for a new router while it still is functional. It's simply not related to that. Otherwise I would have issues everywhere else, and I don't. Thanks anyway for the suggestion.

I won't pay for a new router while it still is functional. It's simply not related to that. Otherwise I would have issues everywhere else, and I don't. Thanks anyway for the suggestion.
    If it is 10 years old, then that is before the Puma debacle started, however I would still consider looking to change it; at that age it probably uses TKIP encoding for WPA2, which has now been broken, or even worse, WPA or WEP security; routers have come a long way in 10 years, and the prices have come down enormously.

I wasnt joking about how little data LOTRO uses though; I have been playing on a mobile internet account today, and wanted to make sure I wasnt going to use it all up, so monitored carefully. In just over 1hr of play, it registered 10MB of use, thats ~28kbps.

One last thing you can try, while waiting 2 weeks for SSG tech support to reply; run a ping and trace-route to the LOTRO servers; to make sure it isnt an ISP, or pathway issue.

If it is 10 years old, then that is before the Puma debacle started, however I would still consider looking to change it; at that age it probably uses TKIP encoding for WPA2, which has now been broken, or even worse, WPA or WEP security; routers have come a long way in 10 years, and the prices have come down enormously.

I wasnt joking about how little data LOTRO uses though; I have been playing on a mobile internet account today, and wanted to make sure I wasnt going to use it all up, so monitored carefully. In just over 1hr of play, it registered 10MB of use, thats ~28kbps.

One last thing you can try, while waiting 2 weeks for SSG tech support to reply; run a ping and trace-route to the LOTRO servers; to make sure it isnt an ISP, or pathway issue.
    And how do I do that?

And how do I do that?
    You've been using the internet for over 10 years and dont know how to do a ping or tracert yet??

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ated-1-19-2016

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2