We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

@ Devs - A Few Questions (VIP / LOTRO Monetization / Mordor Xpac Gesture of Goodwill)

A few questions for devs:

- Are additional VIP benefits planned to be introduced in 2018 or early 2019?

- Will Ashes of Enchantment be useful in update 23 at level 120?
    (or is a new tier of ash planned as alluded to by Severlin in some streams)

- Will Black Steel Keys still be useful in update 23 for gaining the latest tier of ash?
    (or is a new type of key planned. This affects players stockpiling black steel keys through farming dailies & FIs or taking advantage of the current LOTRO store sale on black keys)

- As requested by players, is there any commitment by the Devs that the monetization of LOTRO will be focused on cosmetics, housing items, special features etc. and not best in slot gear moving forward, U23 and beyond?

- Any further info on U23 Release Date and confirmation of exactly how many end game instances we will get?

- Finally, it's fair to say for all of us who purchased the Mordor Expansion were short changed by the lack of a decent 6 man instance (you dropped the ball on Dungeons of Naerband). Going back is not an option as per Severlin but we are assured lessons will be learned moving forward. However, is any gesture of goodwill planned for all those players who purchased Mordor Expansion? I personally think something is owed to all of us be it LOTRO Points, a Special In Game Gift, 1 months free VIP Code etc. Some of us spent $129.99 to "support the game and developers". Furthermore on streams Severlin has confirmed that the team has financially had a good year. I don't think it's out of the question to show some appreciation to the players (perhaps against which version they purchased) to make up for the loss.
    Knight | Captain | Arkenstone | Rainbows & Unicorns

Quote Originally Posted by Knight.Arkenstone View Post

- Will Black Steel Keys still be useful in update 23 for gaining the latest tier of ash?
    (or is a new type of key planned. This affects players stockpiling black steel keys through farming dailies & FIs or taking advantage of the current LOTRO store sale on black keys)
    This is critical. I am not a Goldseller. I understand why they gave no notice to them, but with an item that people have spent real cash (via store).
    I can not stress this enough, but I also do not want to beat a dead horse.

Please... give us some understanding of what is coming and what will be obsolete.

MAWorking had the highest post count on the pre-beta LOTRO forums. He was truly an icon and clearly, hasn't changed a bit. -Meghan/aka Patience

Basically:

Ashes of Enchanment used in u23 = Game is done for
    Black steel keys used in u23 = Game is done for

Less grind more content pls
    lets just hope we know what the devs are doing

Quote Originally Posted by Yaboi69 View Post
    Basically:

Ashes of Enchanment used in u23 = Game is done for
    Black steel keys used in u23 = Game is done for

Less grind more content pls
    lets just hope we know what the devs are doing
    Ashes and Gorgoroth Boxes and Black Steel Keys were all introduced in Update 21.

Your post isn't appropriate for the question at hand and does not really help with trying to get feedback from the developers.

MAWorking had the highest post count on the pre-beta LOTRO forums. He was truly an icon and clearly, hasn't changed a bit. -Meghan/aka Patience

Quote Originally Posted by MAWorking View Post
    Ashes and Gorgoroth Boxes and Black Steel Keys were all introduced in Update 21.

Your post isn't appropriate for the question at hand and does not really help with trying to get feedback from the developers.
    yeet boi remember when there was barely any grind and everyone played

now you are forced to spend $40 just to continue on given a p2w grind and 3 boss raid u f0kn w0t m9

Talking

I'm not sure what the implications of this is as related to Black Steel Keys, but they are on sale this week for 20% off. Now, I started replaying LOTRO again last October after about a four year break. I believe that is the first time since then that Black Steel Keys have been on sale.

Gray Steel Keys, anyone?
    It is logical, in view of the times in which we live. But to be logical is not to be right, and nothing on God's earth could ever make it right!
    - Judge Dan Haywood

Any comments from devs on questions asked?

Any comments from devs on questions asked?
    It's the weekend. You will probably be waiting a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolamrothdame View Post
    It's the weekend. You will probably be waiting a bit.
    Thanks, but these are forums, not live chat. Can post whenever and devs, if they feel inclined can respond back whenever.
    Appreciate it's only a few days since original post, but bumped it to keep it near top so it stood a greater chance of being noticed / responded to.

- Are additional VIP benefits planned to be introduced in 2018 or early 2019?
    There is no news about this and i doubt they would tbh, cause if they do life timers are gonna make them lose too much

- Will Ashes of Enchantment be useful in update 23 at level 120?
    (or is a new tier of ash planned as alluded to by Severlin in some streams)
    According to Cord probably

Since Cord said ash will prolly be back it means keys will also probably be back with 120

- As requested by players, is there any commitment by the Devs that the monetization of LOTRO will be focused on cosmetics, housing items, special features etc. and not best in slot gear moving forward, U23 and beyond?
    No news on this

- Any further info on U23 Release Date and confirmation of exactly how many end game instances we will get?
    Beta is expected to be released on Tuesday for first look by players

- Finally, it's fair to say for all of us who purchased the Mordor Expansion were short changed by the lack of a decent 6 man instance (you dropped the ball on Dungeons of Naerband). Going back is not an option as per Severlin but we are assured lessons will be learned moving forward. However, is any gesture of goodwill planned for all those players who purchased Mordor Expansion? I personally think something is owed to all of us be it LOTRO Points, a Special In Game Gift, 1 months free VIP Code etc. Some of us spent $129.99 to "support the game and developers". Furthermore on streams Severlin has confirmed that the team has financially had a good year. I don't think it's out of the question to show some appreciation to the players (perhaps against which version they purchased) to make up for the loss.
    This wont happen even tho the $130 price tag on mordor was no where near worth its not theyre fault someone bought it and didnt think it was worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Fraushgrish2 View Post
    Beta is expected to be released on Tuesday for first look by players
    Source?
    Celebreneth
    Hunter, Warden, Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Celebreneth View Post
    Source?
    cord of the rings
    Rimenuir | Fadhroreth | Daechamnir | Rimenswords | Beornemgarth | Rimensneak | Rimenoath | Rimenheals | Rimentank |
    Arkenstone Server, Meneldor native.
    Rimenbuff and Rimenpew: Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Celebreneth View Post
    Source?
    dont remember when but everything i just listed is in this stream by community manager cord

Wait, if you're talking this past Friday's stream, well, I listened to it in real time. Cord did mention that they planned to bring U23 to Bullroarer *this week* (but no specified date was mentioned, that I remember hearing), but he also said that that plan may not happen.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Quote Originally Posted by cdq1958 View Post
    Wait, if you're talking this past Friday's stream, well, I listened to it in real time. Cord did mention that they planned to bring U23 to Bullroarer *this week* (but no specified date was mentioned, that I remember hearing), but he also said that that plan may not happen.
    He said in that stream that br could come as early as Tuesday that may not be a plan but im sure it'll be out either tmr or sometime this week

dont remember when but everything i just listed is in this stream by community manager cord

Well I listened to the entire stream and there was not a single instance where Cordovan pointed out that "Bullroarer is expected to be released on Tuesday for first look by players", as you put it.

He said in that stream that br could come as early as Tuesday that may not be a plan but im sure it'll be out either tmr or sometime this week
    The word Tuesday was entirely absent from the video.
    Celebreneth
    Hunter, Warden, Captain

### I definetly heard Tuesday...must be mixing up streams i guess

more precise answers from devs to all original questions posed, rather than vague ones from stream or hearsay from players would be greatly appreciated.

more precise answers from devs to all original questions posed, rather than vague ones from stream or hearsay from players would be greatly appreciated.
    I'd like to hear if there are any plans to incentivise VIP too. It's currently not worth the asking price to players like myself that have all capped chars and all regions. I'll happily pay into the game, if they make it something I want or need, but paying for something that I already have, while not paying, is not something that comes naturally to me.

As for your other questions, I'd hazard a guess that will be a "wait and see" thing, even though, official answers would be nice.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Good luck with that, all we get is vague answers from the stream. Thats the only way they tell us things because they get confronted about it. If you dont watch any of the streams, watch the chat and see how often things get asked when it comes to raiding/class balance/pvp/anything other than positive festvial feedback. So good luck getting precise answers.
    Rimenuir | Fadhroreth | Daechamnir | Rimenswords | Beornemgarth | Rimensneak | Rimenoath | Rimenheals | Rimentank |

br is now up

Quote Originally Posted by Rimenuir View Post
    If you don't watch any of the streams, watch the chat and see how often things get asked when it comes to raiding/class balance/pvp/anything other than positive festival feedback. So good luck getting precise answers.
    You do say that and your point does stand, but it's also been mentioned repeatedly in the past (including those streams) that in the case of raiding and class balance, it is being worked on. Heck, the Bullroarer patch notes include even further balancing. The issue is that it's coming too slow, not that they're not happening at all. Mark my words, once the class balancing is done, there's going to balance raiding. Monster Play will remain dead last, but that is because their placement in the timetable is far off.

You want to ask them to hurry up with those things, not just to do them.
    Last edited by Wagoo; Aug 15 2018 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wagoo View Post
    You do say that and your point does stand, but it's also been mentioned repeatedly in the past (including those streams) that in the case of raiding and class balance, it is being worked on. Heck, the Bullroarer patch notes include even further balancing. The issue is that it's coming too slow, not that they're not happening at all. Mark my words, once the class balancing is done, there's going to be raiding balance. Monster Play will remain dead last, but that is because their placement in the timetable is far off.

You want to ask them to hurry up with those things, not just to do them.
    Yes, the answer is its being worked on, but week after week we ask for any new developments and its just its being worked on. They dont give Precise responses to the things people want to know about. I think the biggest problem is the devs don't tell us what they are working on until its on Beta, they dont give us any idea towards what will happen. People have been asking for months about t2c on the new raid, and now we find out theres going to be t3; why dont they announce that earlier to get people excited? Its more the devs deflecting than them giving proper answers.