We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1

    @ Devs - A Few Questions (VIP / LOTRO Monetization / Mordor Xpac Gesture of Goodwill)

    A few questions for devs:

    - Are additional VIP benefits planned to be introduced in 2018 or early 2019?

    - Will Ashes of Enchantment be useful in update 23 at level 120?
    (or is a new tier of ash planned as alluded to by Severlin in some streams)

    - Will Black Steel Keys still be useful in update 23 for gaining the latest tier of ash?
    (or is a new type of key planned. This affects players stockpiling black steel keys through farming dailies & FIs or taking advantage of the current LOTRO store sale on black keys)

    - As requested by players, is there any commitment by the Devs that the monetization of LOTRO will be focused on cosmetics, housing items, special features etc. and not best in slot gear moving forward, U23 and beyond?

    - Any further info on U23 Release Date and confirmation of exactly how many end game instances we will get?

    - Finally, it's fair to say for all of us who purchased the Mordor Expansion were short changed by the lack of a decent 6 man instance (you dropped the ball on Dungeons of Naerband). Going back is not an option as per Severlin but we are assured lessons will be learned moving forward. However, is any gesture of goodwill planned for all those players who purchased Mordor Expansion? I personally think something is owed to all of us be it LOTRO Points, a Special In Game Gift, 1 months free VIP Code etc. Some of us spent $129.99 to "support the game and developers". Furthermore on streams Severlin has confirmed that the team has financially had a good year. I don't think it's out of the question to show some appreciation to the players (perhaps against which version they purchased) to make up for the loss.
    Knight | Captain | Arkenstone | Rainbows & Unicorns

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight.Arkenstone View Post

    - Will Black Steel Keys still be useful in update 23 for gaining the latest tier of ash?
    (or is a new type of key planned. This affects players stockpiling black steel keys through farming dailies & FIs or taking advantage of the current LOTRO store sale on black keys)
    This is critical. I am not a Goldseller. I understand why they gave no notice to them, but with an item that people have spent real cash (via store).
    I can not stress this enough, but I also do not want to beat a dead horse.

    Please... give us some understanding of what is coming and what will be obsolete.

    MAWorking had the highest post count on the pre-beta LOTRO forums. He was truly an icon and clearly, hasn't changed a bit. -Meghan/aka Patience

  3. #3
    Basically:

    Ashes of Enchanment used in u23 = Game is done for
    Black steel keys used in u23 = Game is done for

    Less grind more content pls
    lets just hope we know what the devs are doing

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaboi69 View Post
    Basically:

    Ashes of Enchanment used in u23 = Game is done for
    Black steel keys used in u23 = Game is done for

    Less grind more content pls
    lets just hope we know what the devs are doing
    Ashes and Gorgoroth Boxes and Black Steel Keys were all introduced in Update 21.

    Your post isn't appropriate for the question at hand and does not really help with trying to get feedback from the developers.

    MAWorking had the highest post count on the pre-beta LOTRO forums. He was truly an icon and clearly, hasn't changed a bit. -Meghan/aka Patience

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by MAWorking View Post
    Ashes and Gorgoroth Boxes and Black Steel Keys were all introduced in Update 21.

    Your post isn't appropriate for the question at hand and does not really help with trying to get feedback from the developers.
    yeet boi remember when there was barely any grind and everyone played

    now you are forced to spend $40 just to continue on given a p2w grind and 3 boss raid u f0kn w0t m9

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Albany New York
    Posts
    445

    Talking

    I'm not sure what the implications of this is as related to Black Steel Keys, but they are on sale this week for 20% off. Now, I started replaying LOTRO again last October after about a four year break. I believe that is the first time since then that Black Steel Keys have been on sale.

    Gray Steel Keys, anyone?
    It is logical, in view of the times in which we live. But to be logical is not to be right, and nothing on God's earth could ever make it right!
    - Judge Dan Haywood

  7. #7
    Any comments from devs on questions asked?
    Knight | Captain | Arkenstone | Rainbows & Unicorns

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight.Arkenstone View Post
    Any comments from devs on questions asked?
    It's the weekend. You will probably be waiting a bit.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolamrothdame View Post
    It's the weekend. You will probably be waiting a bit.
    Thanks, but these are forums, not live chat. Can post whenever and devs, if they feel inclined can respond back whenever.
    Appreciate it's only a few days since original post, but bumped it to keep it near top so it stood a greater chance of being noticed / responded to.
    Knight | Captain | Arkenstone | Rainbows & Unicorns

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight.Arkenstone View Post
    - Are additional VIP benefits planned to be introduced in 2018 or early 2019?
    There is no news about this and i doubt they would tbh, cause if they do life timers are gonna make them lose too much

    Quote Originally Posted by Knight.Arkenstone View Post
    - Will Ashes of Enchantment be useful in update 23 at level 120?
    (or is a new tier of ash planned as alluded to by Severlin in some streams)
    According to Cord probably

    Quote Originally Posted by Knight.Arkenstone View Post
    - Will Black Steel Keys still be useful in update 23 for gaining the latest tier of ash?
    (or is a new type of key planned. This affects players stockpiling black steel keys through farming dailies & FIs or taking advantage of the current LOTRO store sale on black keys)
    Since Cord said ash will prolly be back it means keys will also probably be back with 120

    Quote Originally Posted by Knight.Arkenstone View Post
    - As requested by players, is there any commitment by the Devs that the monetization of LOTRO will be focused on cosmetics, housing items, special features etc. and not best in slot gear moving forward, U23 and beyond?
    No news on this

    Quote Originally Posted by Knight.Arkenstone View Post
    - Any further info on U23 Release Date and confirmation of exactly how many end game instances we will get?
    Beta is expected to be released on Tuesday for first look by players

    Quote Originally Posted by Knight.Arkenstone View Post
    - Finally, it's fair to say for all of us who purchased the Mordor Expansion were short changed by the lack of a decent 6 man instance (you dropped the ball on Dungeons of Naerband). Going back is not an option as per Severlin but we are assured lessons will be learned moving forward. However, is any gesture of goodwill planned for all those players who purchased Mordor Expansion? I personally think something is owed to all of us be it LOTRO Points, a Special In Game Gift, 1 months free VIP Code etc. Some of us spent $129.99 to "support the game and developers". Furthermore on streams Severlin has confirmed that the team has financially had a good year. I don't think it's out of the question to show some appreciation to the players (perhaps against which version they purchased) to make up for the loss.
    This wont happen even tho the $130 price tag on mordor was no where near worth its not theyre fault someone bought it and didnt think it was worth it

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraushgrish2 View Post
    Beta is expected to be released on Tuesday for first look by players
    Source?
    Celebreneth
    Hunter, Warden, Captain

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Lothlorien
    Posts
    813
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebreneth View Post
    Source?
    cord of the rings
    Rimenuir | Fadhroreth | Daechamnir | Rimenswords | Beornemgarth | Rimensneak | Rimenoath | Smicho | Rimentank |
    Arkenstone Server, Meneldor native.
    Rimenbuff and Rimenpew : Landroval

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebreneth View Post
    Source?
    dont remember when but everything i just listed is in this stream by community manager cord


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    6,143
    Wait, if you're talking this past Friday's stream, well, I listened to it in real time. Cord did mention that they planned to bring U23 to Bullroarer *this week* (but no specified date was mentioned, that I remember hearing), but he also said that that plan may not happen.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by cdq1958 View Post
    Wait, if you're talking this past Friday's stream, well, I listened to it in real time. Cord did mention that they planned to bring U23 to Bullroarer *this week* (but no specified date was mentioned, that I remember hearing), but he also said that that plan may not happen.
    He said in that stream that br could come as early as Tuesday that may not be a plan but im sure it'll be out either tmr or sometime this week

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraushgrish2 View Post
    dont remember when but everything i just listed is in this stream by community manager cord

    Well I listened to the entire stream and there was not a single instance where Cordovan pointed out that "Bullroarer is expected to be released on Tuesday for first look by players", as you put it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fraushgrish2 View Post
    He said in that stream that br could come as early as Tuesday that may not be a plan but im sure it'll be out either tmr or sometime this week
    The word Tuesday was entirely absent from the video.
    Celebreneth
    Hunter, Warden, Captain

  17. #17
    ### I definetly heard Tuesday...must be mixing up streams i guess

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload