We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    This kind of server is intresting to me. I do wonder if it would be a fad or something that generates long term intrest. The other thing I would wonder is where do you stop....at some point players would want a server for the game start through (as in Lotro) the Moria expansion and etc.

I would be very intrested in playing a classic server for Lotro even if for nothing else just to have the feel of the oringial.

Quote Originally Posted by haydenfisher3422 View Post
    Vintage mmorpgs are and have been coming out with fresh start servers. Having played on many, lotro would be a perfect game to do it. It would revitalize the game, bring in more players, and add something for veteran players. Lotro can be very overwhelming for new players and a fresh start server is perfect for them. Me personally would love to see a fresh start with all classes and current abilities, races, and revamped zones. Have all endgame content gated of course. Would love to hear your opinion on the matter... Many mmorpgs have and huge success with fresh start servers
    For one thing, I was here for the launch of Shadows of Angmar and have been playing for over 11 years now.

I'm lost for words as to why people would want to go back to the original launch mechanics. No horses until level 35, only a handful of swift travels compared to today, no open tapping, not being able to complete quest chains without grouping up. etc.

SSG is a small gaming company that has 2 games it's developing and maintaining. They just don't have the staff or the resources that Blizzard would have for WOW and there Vanilla server project which goes live today.

If I remember correctly, Cordovan has addressed this question in his twitch.tv/lotrostream.

Essentially this game has grown so much and been changed many times and some of the original developers are no longer with SSG formerly Turbine. With a refresh server as you call it, Lotro would basically have to be redeveloped. There just isn't the staff, time or resources to do this.

Finally, if you enjoy the old content, you can start a level 50 cap kin and only use what was available during SOA. Just go to the store and get the Tortoise Stone pocket item and put it on when you hit level 50.
    In place of a dark lord, you shall have Queen...... All shall love me and dispair

Quote Originally Posted by Saintjoan View Post
    For one thing, I was here for the launch of Shadows of Angmar and have been playing for over 11 years now.

I'm lost for words as to why people would want to go back to the original launch mechanics. No horses until level 35, only a handful of swift travels compared to today, no open tapping, not being able to complete quest chains without grouping up. etc.

SSG is a small gaming company that has 2 games it's developing and maintaining. They just don't have the staff or the resources that Blizzard would have for WOW and there Vanilla server project which goes live today.

If I remember correctly, Cordovan has addressed this question in his twitch.tv/lotrostream.

Essentially this game has grown so much and been changed many times and some of the original developers are no longer with SSG formerly Turbine. With a refresh server as you call it, Lotro would basically have to be redeveloped. There just isn't the staff, time or resources to do this.

Finally, if you enjoy the old content, you can start a level 50 cap kin and only use what was available during SOA. Just go to the store and get the Tortoise Stone pocket item and put it on when you hit level 50.
    Exactly, and I'd like to add one more thing.

It's impossible to recreate the sense of wonder that all of us experienced when we first started playing SoA. That's what I'm nostalgic for.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nosdracir View Post
    Exactly, and I'd like to add one more thing.

It's impossible to recreate the sense of wonder that all of us experienced when we first started playing SoA. That's what I'm nostalgic for.
    Indeed. (I may have said something like that upthread.)

As Heraclitus put it, you can't step in the same river twice.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post

As Heraclitus put it, you can't step in the same river twice.

That’s cool. I like that.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3