We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    Suggestion to increase subscribers

    I have a simple suggestion to increase subscribers.

    1. have events within the moors, that provide simple +1%-10% boosts to stats, speed, etc, finally boss should provide +15% (unique item coupled with a title)
    , these items can be employed within the cosmetics page for freeps, and fashion slots for creeps, giving not only a stat boost, but also cosmetic


    the fashion items could be weapons etc. no need to code or break anything further. encourages the free to play crowd to subscribe to further customize their characters.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    14,484
    Quote Originally Posted by joec5701 View Post
    I have a simple suggestion to increase subscribers.

    1. have events within the moors, that provide simple +1%-10% boosts to stats, speed, etc, finally boss should provide +15% (unique item coupled with a title)
    , these items can be employed within the cosmetics page for freeps, and fashion slots for creeps, giving not only a stat boost, but also cosmetic


    the fashion items could be weapons etc. no need to code or break anything further. encourages the free to play crowd to subscribe to further customize their characters.
    While I would love to see the number of subscriptions increase, I don't think your suggestion would work.

    There are just not that many LotRO players who want to PvMP. Those players who really, really dig PvP are playing some other game. And those who don't, aren't going to be lured onto the Moors by loot.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

  3. #3
    Give up on the moors already!

    Even now it takes up far too much of their time.

    SSG should drop the vip freep status and let anyone in.

    The kicker would be to make it truly pvp. Last man standing so to speak. Anyone can defeat and be defeated by anyone. Once you're out of the safe zones, anything goes.

    Forget all the not in line with the narrative bull, all armies have inter fighting and lets face it the moors isn't any kind of front line. Just a couple of keeps held by a pathetic force.

    The point is they are free peoples who don't have a choice of whom they fight. and
    Creeps who can't really be creepy, in that you would expect as from the books that they would turn on each other.

    so, be radical and mix it up entirely. creepsvcreeps freepsvfreeps creepsvfreeps
    ----A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything----

  4. #4

    Loot would not translate to subscriptions

    I can't imagine there are that many people who subscribe simply to get into PVP. As the first response said, those people are playing other games (especially since PvMP is basically broken right now in LoTRO).

    I, for one, don't generally PVP. I do every once in a while simply because I'm bored with everything else. But loot wouldn't get me excited about PVP, nor would it make me spend any money on a sub to do it.

    I also have to say that a free-for-all PVP area would keep me out altogether. That would be a terrible idea. The only reason I like PVP in this game is because there's some strategy to it (a bare minimum, I agree). But walking 4 steps and getting ganked by anyone would just not be fun at all. It would be frustrating.

    The only thing that will bring more subs into the game is something that SSG, I don't think has, and that's resources. They need to take a breath on the content their pumping out every 6ish months and develop some instances and raids that require more than a DPS zerg. They need to retool nearly all the basic system (like skill trees, class balance, stat bloat, etc) and get back to making this a quality, AAA title. This game suffers from the classic disease of all aging games ... the original design was great, but as more stuff got tacked onto it (skirms, warsteeds, BBs, skill trees), it's just breaking down. Eventually the old can't keep up, and I think we're seeing that now with the stat bloat in the last 10 levels and all the ridiculous loot boxes, instance locks, etc.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    14,484
    Quote Originally Posted by joshuacgordon View Post
    I, for one, don't generally PVP. I do every once in a while simply because I'm bored with everything else.
    Well, if PvP is a boredom-reliever for you, go for it.

    I had to look in the "quotes" file on my hard disk to find this:

    I've been bored enough to log in and kill 320 mobs for a deed. I've been bored enough to log in and straighten the inventory out on all my characters. I've been bored enough to prepare stacks of raw materials and cook for hours on end. I've NEVER been bored enough to PvP.
    -- Zarador, on LotRO forums, 8/19/11
    So it takes all kinds.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by joec5701 View Post
    I have a simple suggestion to increase subscribers.

    1. have events within the moors, that provide simple +1%-10% boosts to stats, speed, etc, finally boss should provide +15% (unique item coupled with a title)
    , these items can be employed within the cosmetics page for freeps, and fashion slots for creeps, giving not only a stat boost, but also cosmetic


    the fashion items could be weapons etc. no need to code or break anything further. encourages the free to play crowd to subscribe to further customize their characters.
    well I have thought of my fair share of whacky (insert expletive of your choice) in the past. My latest in response to this fair stab at an idea by Mr Original Poster is.....let all players in the moors , but.....give VIP 20% extra renown/infamy irrespective of which side they are on...….and for freeps make Audacity reward 1% per point for Renown (max 25% obviously) {how do you like that overpowered imbalancing raid armour now} ….. and have store bought renown/infamy boosts work for a value and not a duration. Is it remotely possible that any of the above could entice players in and revenue too, thereby fulfilling both of the games objectives. P.S. can the sarcastic responses please be executed with some style/flair/panache

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    14,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Dranak123 View Post
    well I have thought of my fair share of whacky (insert expletive of your choice) in the past. My latest in response to this fair stab at an idea by Mr Original Poster is.....let all players in the moors , but.....give VIP 20% extra renown/infamy irrespective of which side they are on...….and for freeps make Audacity reward 1% per point for Renown (max 25% obviously) {how do you like that overpowered imbalancing raid armour now} ….. and have store bought renown/infamy boosts work for a value and not a duration. Is it remotely possible that any of the above could entice players in and revenue too, thereby fulfilling both of the games objectives. P.S. can the sarcastic responses please be executed with some style/flair/panache
    Well, your suggestion is no wackier than the OP's. I have already pointed out that people who really love PvP play one of the games where PvP is open-world and unbridled, every man for himself and God (if any) against all. PvP in Turbine > SSG's games has always been consensual, and I suspect it always will be.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload