We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Spars GLC

Spars GLC Tuesdays @ 5pm GMT

Would anyone be interested in setting up a weekly spars evening at GLC for a couple of hours early evening?

Could be from 5-7 GMT so as not to make a drastic impact on field action and people can still RVR/Roam while they are going? Could also have some nice grp v grp fights, 3v3 etc.

Anyway, just a thought. if the feedback isn't tooooo negative we could try to get something going.
    Last edited by Amene; Sep 18 2018 at 11:27 PM.

Mod

Mod! You had better deal with this nail biting two bob basement dweller before I do, mod.

I am up for that but i think spars with just be ganked by all the known idiots we have on evernight.
    Still better then the ####ty shuffle/zerg.

Spars have been an absolute joke for more than a year now, and they shouldn't be encouraged by the community. Sure, you can "self nerf" to the point where two opponents have equal chances of winning, but we all know there would be plenty of people who would not adhere to these artificial rules. Not only that, some classes are actually so overpowered that they would have to limit themselves to less than half of the buttons they would normally use. Who wants to play like that? If some of you do, then far be it from me to try to stop you. I just think it's laughable, and unworthy of my time. If you're interested in fair 1v1s, make r0 reavers and spar each other on those. It would actually be fair, for a change. As long as hunters can kill people while using nothing but their "S" key for movement, though, I think the practice of organising sparring sessions should be abolished.

Moreover, spars ruin the main action that goes on. There are already very few people playing PvP these days. Taking away even more players would not benefit the Moors as a whole. For that reason, I can certainly understand why some individuals prefer ending the sparring sessions by ganking them. That way, either people stop sparring, and return to the main action, or they form a group to fight the gankers. The gankers get what they want, either way (if their intention is to create group vs group PvP).
    I realise that you said in your post that this wouldn't be something permanent, and that you don't want to influence the action too much, but let's face it: that's what is going to happen, anyway.

I won't be ganking spars if they somehow start happening regularly, but I do think that sparring sessions are unhealthy for the Ettenmoors in general. Snowbourn was like this in its final days. Outside of 1v1s, there wasn't anything happening on the map, until the evening. At least then, 1v1s could be reasonably balanced. That is no longer the case. I wouldn't want to see 1v1s become the main attraction in the Moors. For that reason, I hope this idea won't actually become a reality.
    Feailuve, Akabath, Failure - Evernight
    Also known as Giliodor

Awesome idea! The game is so balanced that all we need is spars! This 20 min 1 vs 1 fights when 2 opponents so close to win is so rewarding. Can't wait to see it. It will totally make community better cause all will have respect for each otcher for good fights. Keep great ideas comming mate!

Agree...spars are quite pointless atm, but i would not mind a 1v2 or 1v3 but even that can be tricky

Quote Originally Posted by Amene View Post
    Would anyone be interested in setting up a weekly spars evening at GLC for a couple of hours early evening?

Could be from 5-7 GMT so as not to make a drastic impact on field action and people can still RVR/Roam while they are going? Could also have some nice grp v grp fights, 3v3 etc.

Anyway, just a thought. if the feedback isn't tooooo negative we could try to get something going.
    That account.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasius View Post
    I am up for that but i think spars with just be ganked by all the known idiots we have on evernight.
    Always up for a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by TronGilrain View Post
    Awesome idea! The game is so balanced that all we need is spars! This 20 min 1 vs 1 fights when 2 opponents so close to win is so rewarding. Can't wait to see it. It will totally make community better cause all will have respect for each otcher for good fights. Keep great ideas comming mate!
    Exactly. How is a creep supposed to have 'fair' 1v1 with the balance this bad????

You need to get on a creep for a while and see how bad it is.
    Freeps - far too many....
    Creeps - equally too many.....

more safeclubbing nabs plz
    Krom Of Laurelin. Kromiel Rank 13

Quote Originally Posted by Kromachine View Post
    more safeclubbing nabs plz
    from all the legit arguments against 1v1´s in this thread you decide to make this about points.
    Limited argument from a limited player.
    Learn to carry your own weight and maybe, just maybe you can understand that the learning curve in PVP is exactly the oposit of what you pretend.

Lmao....
    Ex blooddrunk wants to spar now...
    Go on "amene", start the spars. I ll make sure my warg is there too....
    Gu kibum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi... akha-gum-ishi ashi gurum...

Quote Originally Posted by maiki1978 View Post
    Lmao....
    Ex blooddrunk wants to spar now...
    Go on "amene", start the spars. I ll make sure my warg is there too....
    beware of best stalker EU aka smellycat.

Quote Originally Posted by Evadar View Post
    beware of best stalker EU aka smellycat.
    Beware also of my WL that i enjoy being quite a lot on atm and noone knows of, asotoula.
    Gu kibum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi... akha-gum-ishi ashi gurum...

Quote Originally Posted by maiki1978 View Post
    Beware also of my WL that i enjoy being quite a lot on atm and noone knows of, asotoula.
    dont derail the thread please!

Great spars yesterday thx to all involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeviternus View Post
    Spars have been an absolute joke for more than a year now, and they shouldn't be encouraged by the community. Sure, you can "self nerf" to the point where two opponents have equal chances of winning, but we all know there would be plenty of people who would not adhere to these artificial rules. Not only that, some classes are actually so overpowered that they would have to limit themselves to less than half of the buttons they would normally use. Who wants to play like that? If some of you do, then far be it from me to try to stop you. I just think it's laughable, and unworthy of my time. If you're interested in fair 1v1s, make r0 reavers and spar each other on those. It would actually be fair, for a change. As long as hunters can kill people while using nothing but their "S" key for movement, though, I think the practice of organising sparring sessions should be abolished.

Moreover, spars ruin the main action that goes on. There are already very few people playing PvP these days. Taking away even more players would not benefit the Moors as a whole. For that reason, I can certainly understand why some individuals prefer ending the sparring sessions by ganking them. That way, either people stop sparring, and return to the main action, or they form a group to fight the gankers. The gankers get what they want, either way (if their intention is to create group vs group PvP).
    I realise that you said in your post that this wouldn't be something permanent, and that you don't want to influence the action too much, but let's face it: that's what is going to happen, anyway.

I won't be ganking spars if they somehow start happening regularly, but I do think that sparring sessions are unhealthy for the Ettenmoors in general. Snowbourn was like this in its final days. Outside of 1v1s, there wasn't anything happening on the map, until the evening. At least then, 1v1s could be reasonably balanced. That is no longer the case. I wouldn't want to see 1v1s become the main attraction in the Moors. For that reason, I hope this idea won't actually become a reality.
    Years down the line, nothing changes.
    |MI6| - Evernight
    Hunter|R10 Guardian|R9 Champion|R7 Minstrel|R6 Burglar|R5 RK|R5 Reaver|R12 Warg|R9

the best way to safeclub .
    Krom Of Eldar

Quote Originally Posted by alelicoffey View Post
    the best way to safeclub .
    Doing some ping pong lug/gram during all night and leaving everytime 2-3 people behind, who will be killed by the opposite zerg, isn't that clubbing too? I mean, there is not much different, all you are doing is smashing your keybind ( I bet you don't even have those ) to kill a guy 24vs1 that will have no chance to fight back, or leaching others doing points at your place while your brain lay on the desk.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiirk View Post
    Doing some ping pong lug/gram during all night and leaving everytime 2-3 people behind, who will be killed by the opposite zerg, isn't that clubbing too? I mean, there is not much different, all you are doing is smashing your keybind ( I bet you don't even have those ) to kill a guy 24vs1 that will have no chance to fight back, or leaching others doing points at your place while your brain lay on the desk.
    so you say all the fights and the heals skills are clubbing too. hmmm ok.

none cant stop you to go to your spot and farm points with spar rules. dont forget something. the rules from you and the rest who create in game is not allowed. you cant create rules in a game with no permisions.so the glc spar area is a renamed spar club area from players who are not baned and farm points for hours.they take and give too.

and about the heal skills and fight ping pong etc. of course isnt like clubbing, cause is part of the game, a free battlefield who everyone can play like he / she want.

but to call social ppl for rank farm is forbiten. just in this game the clubbers and the exploiters play and the reporters take the bans

safe travels
    Krom Of Eldar

I mean, there is not much different.
    There's as much difference between zerging and clubbing than there's between, one perma-banned QQing about zerging, and one being actually perma-banned. Challenge and fair fight!
    Zerging.
    Shiirk.
    Shiirk, Zerging, Selembar, Cali...

Quote Originally Posted by GrandCru View Post
    There's as much difference between zerging and clubbing than there's between, one perma-banned QQing about zerging, and one being actually perma-banned. Challenge and fair fight!
    Zerging.
    Shiirk.
    Shiirk, Zerging, Selembar, Cali...
    So i'm Cali now ? Really good to know mate ! Thx you for that information.

You seems so clueless, did you stop playing ? Maybe bored about wasting your real life time tracking Clubbers, did you found a girlfriend ( or a boyfriend, you are free to do whatever ) ? I really hope so !

The funniest part is that i don't even know who you are, but you seems really mad against me. Thanks for the attention by posting some stuff about me, but i don't like virtual relationship ! Did i hurt your sensibility one day that you need to be salty like that ? I'm not psychologist sadly, but there are others people who would be happy to help you.

Try next time maybe !
    Last edited by Shiirk; Sep 09 2018 at 05:53 PM.

so you say all the fights and the heals skills are clubbing too. hmmm ok.

none cant stop you to go to your spot and farm points with spar rules. dont forget something. the rules from you and the rest who create in game is not allowed. you cant create rules in a game with no permisions.so the glc spar area is a renamed spar club area from players who are not baned and farm points for hours.they take and give too.

and about the heal skills and fight ping pong etc. of course isnt like clubbing, cause is part of the game, a free battlefield who everyone can play like he / she want.

but to call social ppl for rank farm is forbiten. just in this game the clubbers and the exploiters play and the reporters take the bans

safe travels
    You are saying that spar is clubbing, i'm just saying that ping pong is clubbing too, where is the problem ?

Both are false fact, but we each have our point of vue !

You are saying that spar is clubbing, i'm just saying that ping pong is clubbing too, where is the problem ?

Both are false fact, but we each have our point of vue !
    the problem is you call spar normal. spar is a in game command. the only way to do spars in game rules is from the same side. from different sides is not a avaible command. so players like you create rules with no permisions to famr points. that is clubbing and not normal gaming.
    Krom Of Eldar

the problem is you call spar normal. spar is a in game command. the only way to do spars in game rules is from the same side. from different sides is not a avaible command. so players like you create rules with no permisions to famr points. that is clubbing and not normal gaming.
    Who are you to say that a spar is clubbing ? Are you a dev ? Are you a GM maybe ? No you aren't.
    So both of us are giving a point of vue, if you think that ping pong isn't clubbing, you must accept that other people think that sparring isn't clubbing too.
    Open your mind once, and admit you are wrong.

So i'm Cali now ? Really good to know mate ! Thx you for that information.

You seems so clueless, did you stop playing ? Maybe bored about wasting your real life time tracking Clubbers, did you found a girlfriend ( or a boyfriend, you are free to do whatever ) ? I really hope so !

The funniest part is that i don't even know who you are, but you seems really mad against me. Thanks for the attention by posting some stuff about me, but i don't like virtual relationship ! Did i hurt your sensibility one day that you need to be salty like that ? I'm not psychologist sadly, but there are others people who would be happy to help you.

Try next time maybe !
    True Fact is I have no idea if it's till 2048 or 2050 nowadays.
    Anyone?

PS : that edit..
    PPS : Spar is clabbing!... Proof is I got rank 12 out of using just one keystroke per spar.... Jelly now?... SAD!...
    PPPS : Rest is FAKE NEWS!... Covfefe...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast