We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

FIXED! was - Help with new download to Win 10 computer

Hello,

I am trying to run the game on a Win 10 system (not an upgrade) and I did a complete download of LOTRO; the launcher allows me to put in my user name and password but when I submit it just disappears and the game doesn't come up.

This system is running windows defender and Malwarebytes 3.5.1 Have been playing for years on my Win 7 computer so this is specific to this rig.

Any advice would be appreciated!
    Thank you
    Last edited by Eirika; Aug 07 2018 at 01:50 PM. Reason: informing that help has been received
    'I'm a hunter, I have all the defensive capability of a wet dishrag' - Lothhil

That's a symptom of missing prerequisites. Especially when installed via Steam.

Here's a "fresh install" guide (also linked in my sig).

Should fix you up.
    Installing LotRO -- One Guide to Rule Them All!
    Purchasing LotRO -- Guide to Building Your Own "Lifetime" Account.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurin View Post
    That's a symptom of missing prerequisites. Especially the Steam version.

Here's a "fresh install" guide (also linked in my sig).

Should fix you up.
    thank you! I will check it out.

Shorter version, you need to have these installed:

1. Install DirectX runtimes from here. Be careful to uncheck other "offers" as you download and install.
    2. Install 'Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable' (note: not x64 version). Download and install it from here.
    3. Install 'Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable' (note: not x64 version). Download and install it from here.

--H

Cool thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Eirika View Post
    thank you! I will check it out.
    And thanks! It worked and I am in - the Direct X was likely the culprit. I posted a thanks on the instruction thread as well as consumer feedback for others! LoL

Have a great day, I just completed a 26 hour drive to my new home and was faced with no LOTRO. :-)

I'm so glad I found this thread

The explanation is simply perfect, my game runs smoothly again.

TYVM for posting it Hurin

I'm sorry to interrupt this post, but i seem unable to create a post of my own...

I've played lotro in the past, and it ran fine, the occasional stutters, but thats due to being in city and what not.

I had a break, formatted my pc, and basically did a clean install.
    Now when I try to play lotro, it has stutters each 5-10 seconds, even on the character selection panel!
    I've tried everything from updating directx(which doesnt work on windows 10, it automatically has dx12 and says doesnt need to be updated), to reinstalling the game several times!

I don't know what else to do.. it happens even at dx9-10-11, and from lowest to highest settings.
    I'm lost, and makes me mad.

Anyone got some tips to solve this issue? I tried contacting support but their webpage at SSG is hard to navigate, user unfriendly, and couldn't find a place to send an e-mail.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000000ef0e/01007/signature.png]Felandir[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Bowie1 View Post
    I'm so glad I found this thread

The explanation is simply perfect, my game runs smoothly again.

TYVM for posting it Hurin
    Awesome. Glad it helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Felis View Post
    I'm sorry to interrupt this post, but i seem unable to create a post of my own...

I've played lotro in the past, and it ran fine, the occasional stutters, but thats due to being in city and what not.

I had a break, formatted my pc, and basically did a clean install.
    Now when I try to play lotro, it has stutters each 5-10 seconds, even on the character selection panel!
    I've tried everything from updating directx(which doesnt work on windows 10, it automatically has dx12 and says doesnt need to be updated), to reinstalling the game several times!

I don't know what else to do.. it happens even at dx9-10-11, and from lowest to highest settings.
    I'm lost, and makes me mad.

Anyone got some tips to solve this issue? I tried contacting support but their webpage at SSG is hard to navigate, user unfriendly, and couldn't find a place to send an e-mail.
    I see you got your own thread started. Will reply over there.