We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions on servers and kinships. I will jump around a bit and see which one is the best fit for me.

Finished the. "Rescue by Moonlight," quest recently--fun!

(I suppose I should go see if I'm allowed to post in the regular player's sections yet)

Say it ain't so....

So I'm stoked to get the prologue quest with "...a Man called Strider." However to I really have to *walk* all the way across the Shire to the Bree lands? I get a message along the lines of, "you haven't discovered that town yet," at the stables. Ty!

Always make sure to get on friendly terms with the stable guys - whenever you visit a stable NPC with a bluish icon above their head, click as it means you haven't yet discovered this route.

You can use a mount to move around, either by buying Riding Skill from the store if you're f2p or by doing the Hengsatcer Farm quest if you're VIP(plus buying the steed in both cases). Or use a milestone skill. Or return skill. Or just run for now - we've all done that.
    Roaming Gladden since 2013

Quote Originally Posted by BrChuck View Post
    So I'm stoked to get the prologue quest with "...a Man called Strider." However to I really have to *walk* all the way across the Shire to the Bree lands? I get a message along the lines of, "you haven't discovered that town yet," at the stables. Ty!
    You can fast travel from Michel Delving to Bree West Gate without needing to discover the target stable beforehand. Are you looking at the Hobbiton/Bywater stable?

The four racial start areas - Cellondim, Thorin's Halls, Michel Delving, and Bree plus Combe in Bree-land - have pre-discovered routes you can use. Always right click the stablemaster the first time you arrive there, or anywhere in fact. Stables have multiple routes and only a handful are available without discovery, so even though there is a Hobbiton-Bree West route you can't use it until you've discovered Bree. You'd have to run back to Michel Delving and go from MD to Bree.

You can see what routes you know in the collection panel. Control + Shift + C to display it and the tab with the horse head icon will display all the stables in the game.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Gotcha, thxs for the help Kudurru & Nosdracir.

I’m in the first town entering the Shire from the West (Needleton?). I guess I may have to just suck it up and walk for a bit-lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BrChuck View Post
    Gotcha, thxs for the help Kudurru & Nosdracir.

I’m in the first town entering the Shire from the West (Needleton?). I guess I may have to just suck it up and walk for a bit-lol.
    Not such a bad thing. The Shire is amazing. So immersive.
    Lonely Mountain Meercats, On Crickhollow:
    Wenslydale (Hobbit Burglar), Leolwyn (Woman Hunter), Naniavas (Elf Loremaster), Chalcedonay (Hobbit Warden), Aradeith (Beorning), Gydis (Dwarf Runekeeper)

Quote Originally Posted by Echoweaver View Post
    Not such a bad thing. The Shire is amazing. So immersive.

Agreed, Echo. It was worth the walk to see the sun come up over the Brandywine bridge...!

I tossed Standing Stone some coin and subscribed for a month in the appreciate of the week of pure joy I've had exploring Middle Earth. I watch a "Men of the West," video about LOTRO, they liken it to more of a Middle Earth simulation rather than a game. I rather concur with that assessment.

As a non-standard way of playing in the story-novel form . . .

Over on Landroval, we have a levelling group called Club Éclair. We go through the game together, using the Stone of the Tortoise to maintain a group level cap. In our group sessions, we roleplay through the game in story fashion.

Indeed. you can read our reports and "letters home" at https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...adventure-club

On August 18, we are starting a new story:

Club Éclair: Volume II - Into Moria. (See: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-II-Into-Moria)

Starting level cap = 50.

The story begins in Gondomon. The dwarves have called together a group of adventurers to go to Moria and help their brethren retain the foothold they have acquired. We will spend three weeks in a "march" to Moria (picking up hobbits, men-folk, and elves as we go), then enter the mines itself on September 8.

The "prologue" is to give people a chance to get their characters ready.

Because of the nature of the group, players can be on at any time they may be interested in adventuring together.

We tend towards group sessions on Saturday at 9:00 AM and Monday at 8:30 PM (different groups, mostly different players), but it is not unusual for two or three folks to log in for an adventure of their own if they please. We use a chat channel "/joinchannel club-éclair" for communication and send out a fellowship request to the group when one wants to adventure outside of group times.
    Meadowlarke Sweetweed on Landroval. Also nephews and Bounders Ayrhawk, Wrennsong, and Little Meadowlark Sweetweed
    Club Eclair roleplaying group just starting Volume II, as we begin our adventures in Moria to help the dwarfs reclaim the mine from the orcs (Alphred Troute, Hedgerow Shrewburrow).

Quote Originally Posted by Arbornal View Post
    Stone of the Tortoise is bound to account when you purchase it, but binds to character when you equip it.
    Is it??

I got it for my Beorning, who's in a leveling group and never noticed it bound to her when she equipped it!

Good to know! Thanks!

Still, 100 LP isn't bad. ::nods::

-Goldrush

Quote Originally Posted by Nosdracir View Post
    You can see what routes you know in the collection panel. Control + Shift + C to display it and the tab with the horse head icon will display all the stables in the game.
    Somewhat more intuitive option is stable routes map tab. It shows locations of stables, and those you discovered are filled. Hub stables are marked with a star. (Hubs are main stable in a region).

Quote Originally Posted by Tiempko View Post
    As a non-standard way of playing in the story-novel form . . .

Over on Landroval, we have a levelling group called Club Éclair. We go through the game together, using the Stone of the Tortoise to maintain a group level cap. In our group sessions, we roleplay through the game in story fashion.

Indeed. you can read our reports and "letters home" at https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...adventure-club

On August 18, we are starting a new story:

Club Éclair: Volume II - Into Moria. (See: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-II-Into-Moria)

Starting level cap = 50.

The story begins in Gondomon. The dwarves have called together a group of adventurers to go to Moria and help their brethren retain the foothold they have acquired. We will spend three weeks in a "march" to Moria (picking up hobbits, men-folk, and elves as we go), then enter the mines itself on September 8.

The "prologue" is to give people a chance to get their characters ready.

Because of the nature of the group, players can be on at any time they may be interested in adventuring together.

We tend towards group sessions on Saturday at 9:00 AM and Monday at 8:30 PM (different groups, mostly different players), but it is not unusual for two or three folks to log in for an adventure of their own if they please. We use a chat channel "/joinchannel club-éclair" for communication and send out a fellowship request to the group when one wants to adventure outside of group times.
    Thank you, Tiempko. That's a very generous invite. The Saturday group might actually work. Let me run this by my Beloved. Nine o'clock is usually my time for my weekend, "Honey-do," chores-lol.

Is there a minimal starting level? Thxs!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2