We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Macro via Autohotkey for Gear swap allowed?

Hey Folks,

I wanted to know if its allowed to swap gear and execute a skill with a Macro via Autohotkey?

For Example:

I want the Macro to be executed by pressing "2"
    The Macro then should swap in a 1H LI and a Offhand, execute Wild Attack and swap back to a 2H LI

I know its possible to do that with simple Keybindings and I tried it several times, but it causes horrible lags when doing it this way. I tried Autohotkey and it works fine without any further lags.

So before I use this Macro in general I want to know if this is allowed or not.

I would say to swap gear, possibly, but to execute attacks, no. Macro's are a very gray area...

Quote Originally Posted by Xiblar View Post
    Hey Folks,

I wanted to know if its allowed to swap gear and execute a skill with a Macro via Autohotkey?

For Example:

The Macro then should swap in a 1H LI and a Offhand, execute Wild Attack and swap back to a 2H LI

I know its possible to do that with simple Keybindings and I tried it several times, but it causes horrible lags when doing it this way. I tried Autohotkey and it works fine without any further lags.

if swapping becomes laggy then you need to restart the client.
    Captain-General Ughidontknow...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"

Quote Originally Posted by Xiblar View Post
    Hey Folks,

For Example:

This is totally legal, yes.

People that use macro >:l
    Dungeons of Naerband OMEGAROLL

sounds legal, but shouldnt. neither swapping nor firing skills should be allowed with external programs, but firing skills with autohotkey obviously is allowed, as that kind of software is used by multiboxers everyday.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/